ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford wins women’s basketball national championship.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
54-53 over Arizona. The Wildcats missed what would have the game-winner at the buzzer.

YOGA. MATS. o_O

Reactions: NedFromYork
Stanford also won their semifinal game by 1 point after a missed layup at the buzzer by South Carolina.

Terrible last possession. Hero ball took over. She had teammate open on wing. Great run for AZ and their PG regardless...but tough to finish on a possession like that.

Reactions: Ski
This is the 3rd Stanford women's game I have watched this year. They really don't look that good when compared to UConn, South Carolina, etc ... but what seems to be in their favor is their height and depth. And they normally play very fundamental basketball.

Reactions: bison13 and LionJim
Does anyone really watch the women's tournament? Only asking because no one in my loop watches women's basketball...ever. Before any of you criticize, I often tune into the LPGA tour, including this week's first major.

Reactions: psu00
Minus the Mt St Marys/MD game (one of my former players was MSM top assistant and is now new MSM head coach), I watched 6.1 seconds of the tournament.

Does anyone really watch the women's tournament? Only asking because no one in my loop watches women's basketball...ever. Before any of you criticize, I often tune into the LPGA tour, including this week's first major.
I do when I can. I won’t watch random games in the regular season, but I’ll watch all PSU games and any tournament games that I can (and no men’s games are on).

Somebody must or else they wouldn’t be able to sell it for broadcast.

I on the other hand can’t imagine anyone wanting to watch golf. Cornhole, axe throwing, and biathlon have more appear than golf.

Somebody must or else they wouldn’t be able to sell it for broadcast.

I on the other hand can’t imagine anyone wanting to watch golf. Cornhole, axe throwing, and biathlon have more appear than golf.

It's filler. Women's basketball is included as part of a $50mm p.a. contract for a bunch of other NCAA championships that don't attract viewership. ESPN has to fill the time and sells ad slots cheap, probably doing better than break-even.

I catch a few minutes here and there but that’s all. I will watch the LPGA and I did watch most of the ANA last night. I might not be any good but I’m an avid player and I enjoy golf history.

I'll especially watch the ANA whenever I'm free like most of this weekend. If your a golfer you have to appreciate the round that Lydia Ko had yesterday. She was -9 after 11 holes and finished -10 for the day to finish 2 strokes back. Great Sunday charge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT