ADVERTISEMENT

sPitt getting their it together....maybe not

There is a fork in the road. Right now it is tough to tell which road they are going to take. Chris Bono would be one path, Sonny Bono the other.

There is a fork in the road. Right now it is tough to tell which road they are going to take. Chris Bono would be one path, Sonny Bono the other.
I was thinking they were referring to Chastity Bono?
Chastity-Bono-Reassignment-Surgery.jpg

I would be willing to bet on SDSU matching the compensation offer and Bono stays.

If Mr. Bono is even a remotely rational individual, I would expect that to almost certainly be the outcome. College wrestling head coaches across the country are eternally grateful to the incompetence of ASWP's athletic administration and those who have not yet received a pay raise are hoping their name is next on the list of ASWP's merry little game of "Who Needs a Raise?".

I think we just need to give Ms. Lyke a little more time. She did significantly increase season ticket sales for football at EMU, from 390 to 560 seats. With that kind of track record, a good wrestling coach at Pitt shouldn't be far behind.

Reactions: LHavenlion
So if we are keeping track, that's four coaches that have taken themselves out of consideration after speaking with the AD. What's the record for failure?

Reactions: diggerpup
Gotta love Pitt. We get to watch, praise the Lord that isn't our school, laugh our asses off and the entertainment of it all costs us nothing.

Reactions: diggerpup
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Well that only took 5 tries and 4 months.

What will be the next thing Pitt's AD butchers ?

Well that only took 5 tries and 4 months.

What will be the next thing Pitt's AD butchers ?

Not sure there's enough meat left on the ASWP Athletic Department carcass to do much more butchering... However, I'm sure Lyke could do a fine butchering job if it were there; she has displayed very fine butchering skills since arriving at ASWP.

As if sPitt's on the mat performance wasn't enough, it is compounded even more given sPitt's hiring performance. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for sPitt.

My growing sympathy isn't what worries me. What worries me is the sympathy of Cael Sanderson. Without a new contract of his own in place, what if Cael starts to feel sorry for sPitt? What if he sees sPitt as another comatose colossus? What if he tosses the keys to Cody, Casey & Jake, packs the Wagon Queen Family Truckster, heads to the Burgh and offers his swami skills for free? What if sPitt gets money from the Peace Corps for the Schenley Farms Rasslin Club slush fund?

What if?

Reactions: dropster45
As if sPitt's on the mat performance wasn't enough, it is compounded even more given sPitt's hiring performance. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for sPitt.

My growing sympathy isn't what worries me. What worries me is the sympathy of Cael Sanderson. Without a new contract of his own in place, what if Cael starts to feel sorry for sPitt? What if he sees sPitt as another comatose colossus? What if he tosses the keys to Cody, Casey & Jake, packs the Wagon Queen Family Truckster, heads to the Burgh and offers his swami skills for free? What if sPitt gets money from the Peace Corps for the Schenley Farms Rasslin Club slush fund?

What if?
Either great mocking of Pitt fans, or time to put down the bottle.

Reactions: Sullivan
Please remind.
What were the off-the-mat issues they mention? Thanks

January following off-the-mat issues that had dogged the team.
Hookers ordered off Craigslist while at the midlands tournament, then Peters trying to cover it up.

Reactions: T J
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT