ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee rumors (from Ohio board)

Interesting post on HR. Poster said Spencer is down to tOSU and PSU, and that Brands has been informed as such. Ryan is putting on a push, but we have Nolf and the 2012 gold medal freestylist.

the VONS GROCERY STORE in Pacific Beach is be far the largest collection of talent ever assembled (puts Ms. World pageants to shame).. some people go to Coronado, some people go the the gaslamp, but a guy who likes talent should just sit outside the Von's for 20 minutes LOL.

girls-pacific-beach.jpg

the VONS GROCERY STORE in Pacific Beach is be far the largest collection of talent ever assembled (puts Ms. World pageants to shame).. some people go to Coronado, some people go the the gaslamp, but a guy who likes talent should just sit outside the Von's for 20 minutes LOL.

girls-pacific-beach.jpg
C'mon SG, you can do better than this! These look like Iowa girls that decided to hit the beach!!:D

To me, it doesn't matter if it's down to two schools or three. I think Penn State is going to prove to be VERY hard to beat either way. Two weeks ago Spencer told the guy from True Wresting he intends to make a decision "before his senior year". He said he doesn't need to take any official visits b/c he's already familiar enough with his (unnamed) finalists. So worst case we find out in what, about 4 or 5 months? No big deal.

Were I am Iowa or tOSU fan I'd probably be much more worried about it, and that's not me being some cocky-ass fan. Rather, it's me looking at the big picture - everything - and concluding the stars would appear to align in Cael's favor. We shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
C'mon SG, you can do better than this! These look like Iowa girls that decided to hit the beach!!:D

these were actually pics from PB.. didn't want to use Coronado or La Jolla pics (first page of search results.. ). For my instigram hobby I hit up Tourmaline Beach yesterday.. I was doing fast math.. probably 25 girls laying out and 10 were hot.. maybe the ugly girls stayed home? Wandered down in PB.. masterpieces everywhere. I'm married and a girlfriend would cost me half my net worth LOL. Still doing the boxing thing. Started over in La Jolla (home of UCSD) many dark haired 25yo Asian girls kicking and hitting bags in tights.. life is good.. staying away from football and trying really hard to get back in shape. Down 11 lbs and 10 more to go. the boxing thing is quite the challenge, I'm still a month or two away form sparring--but my conditioning has been good (running steps a few times per week).-sg

these were actually pics from PB.. didn't want to use Coronado or La Jolla pics (first page of search results.. ). For my instigram hobby I hit up Tourmaline Beach yesterday.. I was doing fast math.. probably 25 girls laying out and 10 were hot.. maybe the ugly girls stayed home? Wandered down in PB.. masterpieces everywhere. I'm married and a girlfriend would cost me half my net worth LOL. Still doing the boxing thing. Started over in La Jolla (home of UCSD) many dark haired 25yo Asian girls kicking and hitting bags in tights.. life is good.. staying away from football and trying really hard to get back in shape. Down 11 lbs and 10 more to go. the boxing thing is quite the challenge, I'm still a month or two away form sparring--but my conditioning has been good (running steps a few times per week).-sg

Hey sg dude! Have you ever spent a Sunday afternoon or evening hanging out at the Pennant or Beachcomber?

He's a Penn State fan (i did some digging), so not sure about the drive by.

Seems like a fairly recent grad (2010) of the honors college. Lives and works in suburban Philly. No obvious ties to the wrestling program, but he did finish third in sections at 145 his junior year of high school. (Holy crap is it easy to find things out about people on the inter webs!) Any way ... Not really the profile of a PSU or Iowa insider or a Spencer Lee confidante.

He's a Penn State fan (i did some digging), so not sure about the drive by.

Not intended as a drive by. It's just that the statement was made as an absolute certainty, such that there was no room for other opinions, debate, or discussion. That's were I was coming from.

Not intended as a drive by. It's just that the statement was made as an absolute certainty, such that there was no room for other opinions, debate, or discussion. That's were I was coming from.
I assumed it was sarcasm.

Oh, I wasn't criticizing your post - I meant his post was a drive by - and uttered with absolute certainty as you said.

I'd think a PSU fan would at least provide some analysis; a fan of a rival would be more inclined to hit and run about purported negative news was my thought.

Anyone speaking with certainty about Lee's decision is talking out of their butt unless it's Lee or his family because that dude keeps things more secret than the Kremlin circa 1975.

Reactions: letsgohawks44
Oh, I wasn't criticizing your post - I meant his post was a drive by - and uttered with absolute certainty as you said.

I'd think a PSU fan would at least provide some analysis; a fan of a rival would be more inclined to hit and run about purported negative news was my thought.

Anyone speaking with certainty about Lee's decision is talking out of their butt unless it's Lee or his family because that dude keeps things more secret than the Kremlin circa 1975.

As was the guy on our board who said it was between tO$U and PSU. Had never posted in HR...just decided to leave a turd and move on.

As was the guy on our board who said it was between tO$U and PSU. Had never posted in HR...just decided to leave a turd and move on.
You know, I reposted that here while on my phone. I can't see post count on my phone. If I had been able to see it was his first, I would have moved on without comment. Sometimes the phone is trouble.

If Cael wanted to, that 2017-2018 could break all the records at NCAA's and be the greatest team in NCAA history
125: Suriano/Lee
133: Suriano/Lee
141: Cortez
149: Zain
157: nolf
165: Joseph/hall
174: Joseph/hall
184: nickal
197: Cassar
285: Nevills

I doubt a lineup has ever had more raw wrestling talent than that.

Wow- that is a pretty sick line-up.

The family and I were at the BW game yesterday and typically I would get a few jabs to the ribs for taking in the scenery. However I must be honest the fashion of yesterday's coeds wasn't appealing.

But I will be sure to give them a second chance at arts fest for sure as I am a forgiving soul.

Hey sg dude! Have you ever spent a Sunday afternoon or evening hanging out at the Pennant or Beachcomber?

have been there.. but usually go to Longboard Grill (new name) same type of talent easier to get to traffic wise and good food... they have these coed softball social leagues that come in there after games.ARMY's of talent... I think Kovalchek owns the Pennant? (his son played at Arizona and plays in Italy for Mel Galli, Galli lives in MB and lives at the Pennant if Ir remember) Gallis is probably the best HS coach I've ever met. He coaches in Italy for fun and brings SD guys over the play (each team is allowed 2 American players or something like that) read PLAYING FOR PIZZA. IM me, we'll meet for a beer in La Jolla at my buddy's place.-sg

Seems like a fairly recent grad (2010) of the honors college. Lives and works in suburban Philly. No obvious ties to the wrestling program, but he did finish third in sections at 145 his junior year of high school. (Holy crap is it easy to find things out about people on the inter webs!) Any way ... Not really the profile of a PSU or Iowa insider or a Spencer Lee confidante.
Lots and Lots and Lots of Pa wrestlers are not PSU fans: It's hard to admit you don't have the elite talent it takes to wrestle at your favorite school.

Anyone speaking with certainty about Lee's decision is talking out of their butt unless it's Lee or his family because that dude keeps things more secret than Joe Paterno did after every one of Todd Moules' fights in the 80's on campus.

Fixed it for you amigo!

Reactions: ptomaselli
Lots and Lots and Lots of Pa wrestlers are not PSU fans: It's hard to admit you don't have the elite talent it takes to wrestle at your favorite school.
I really hope this post ^^ is not what we're becoming. You could have judged otherwise by simply clicking on his userid and looking at his past posts.

Man....You guys are brutal. I never thought my 5 word comment would get so much attention and criticism. I should have been a little more diplomatic or given some more substance to my comment.

I'm actually a huge PSU wrestling fan and season ticket holder. And you're right, I didn't have the skill to wrestle for PSU. It wasn't ever really a thought that came into my head in HS anyway. I posted my comment because I had just heard from a fairly reliable source that Lee was going to be a Hawkeye. I really hope that person is wrong (they have been in the past) but most times that person knows more than the average fan. It's not my place to give out insider information since I'm not an insider and I wish I never posted in the first place.
We'll all know soon enough anyway.

CholleyVandine I'm a little distraught by the amount of research you would do on me, and then try to embarrass me by exposing my relative lack of success in HS. I've never pretended to be an All Star. You obviously took some time to find out who I am. It's a little creepy. I honestly didn't mean ruffle any feathers, I want to see Lee in Rec as much as any of us.

Man....You guys are brutal. I never thought my 5 word comment would get so much attention and criticism. I should have been a little more diplomatic or given some more substance to my comment.

I'm actually a huge PSU wrestling fan and season ticket holder. And you're right, I didn't have the skill to wrestle for PSU. It wasn't ever really a thought that came into my head in HS anyway. I posted my comment because I had just heard from a fairly reliable source that Lee was going to be a Hawkeye. I really hope that person is wrong (they have been in the past) but most times that person knows more than the average fan. It's not my place to give out insider information since I'm not an insider and I wish I never posted in the first place.

CholleyVandine I'm a little distraught by the amount of research you would do on me, and then try to embarrass me by exposing my relative lack of success in HS. I've never pretended to be an All Star. You obviously took some time to find out who I am. It's a little creepy. I honestly didn't mean ruffle any feathers, I want to see Lee in Rec as much as any of us.

3rd in sections in high school wrestling, in Pennsylvania, in ANY district or section, is not "lack of success", that's damn good. Remember the wrestling in this state is the best in the nation, and that iNCLUDES California, to all of the haters over at "The Mat".

Reactions: ev_flores0331

To be fair, Cholley didn't really call out your wrestling pedigree.. just stated some results that he found. Didn't say one way or another if you were any good or not. Also, you have to understand that the Lee thing is a very big deal for a lot of fans. Although I agree, trying to research your credibility might be taking things to the extreme, I can certainly understand why some would go that far and be curious if what you say has any merit.

As for your source, if he's not part of the Lee family, I don't think he's very reliable on this one. Not a knock against you or him. It's just my opinion that no one outside of the Lee household (and maybe the staff of the school he plans to attend) knows where he will be headed. Again, it's just my opinion and no knock on you or your source. I just feel the only people that know aren't spilling the beans to folks that could possibly lead to it being shared on some message board.

And for the record, I've always felt he'd end up in Iowa. Just a gut feeling..nothing more...nothing less.

Last edited:
To be fair, Cholley didn't really call out your wrestling pedigree.. just stated some results that he found. Didn't say one way or another if you were any good or not. Also, you have to understand that the Lee thing is a very big deal for a lot of fans. Although I agree, trying to research your credibility might be taking things to the extreme, I can certainly understand why some would go that far and be curious if what you say has any merit.

Penn State is in the lead, and has Cael Sanderson, his staff, Jason Nolf, and an olympic gold medalist in it's room.

Or, you can go with "a friend of a friend" says Iowa or Ohio State.

We'll know fairly soon in any event.

Penn State is in the lead, and has Cael Sanderson, his staff, Jason Nolf, and an olympic gold medalist in it's room.

Or, you can go with "a friend of a friend" says Iowa or Ohio State.

We'll know fairly soon in any event.
Yes 21, we're already aware that you're just like the rest of us and don't know where he's going either... ;)

What was the vibe at the banquet today from those who went and are willing to share?

My uninformed opinion would be a decision between his return from junior worlds and the start of his senior year. Which could be huge for us with Manville, hall, bo, nolf and others trying to qualify and likely being on that team.

I hear mark sings our praises to potential future recruits

What was the vibe at the banquet today from those who went and are willing to share?

My uninformed opinion would be a decision between his return from junior worlds and the start of his senior year. Which could be huge for us with Manville, hall, bo, nolf and others trying to qualify and likely being on that team.

I hear mark sings our praises to potential future recruits
Creedo hears Hall praises Rutgers too potential future recruits.

Reactions: dunkej01

This^^. Otherwise, it's like lobbing a hand grenade ...

"To be fair, Cholley didn't really call out your wrestling pedigree.. just stated some results that he found. Didn't say one way or another if you were any good or not. Also, you have to understand that the Lee thing is a very big deal for a lot of fans. Although I agree, trying to research your credibility might be taking things to the extreme, I can certainly understand why some would go that far and be curious if what you say has any merit.

As for your source, if he's not part of the Lee family, I don't think he's very reliable on this one. Not a knock against you or him. It's just my opinion that no one outside of the Lee household (and maybe the staff of the school he plans to attend) knows where he will be headed. Again, it's just my opinion and no knock on you or your source. I just feel the only people that know aren't spilling the beans to folks that could possibly lead to it being shared on some message board.

And for the record, I've always felt he'd end up in Iowa. Just a gut feeling..nothing more...nothing less.[/QUOTE]

As for your

And for the record, I've always felt he'd end up in Iowa. Just a gut feeling..nothing more...nothing less.

Nah, Dude. We all know what CholleyVandine was insinuating, and that his post was kinda creepy. Not cool at all.

Two things: First, I wasn't making any judgment about your wrestling career. On this board, we talk about the top tenth of the top 1 percent of high school wrestlers. In the real world, third place at sectionals is something to be proud of. If you had to be as good as Zain Retherford to offer an opinion on him, the Internet would be a much quieter place. The idea that you are jealous of Penn State because you weren't good enough to wrestle there came from someone else on the board. ("Not good enough to wrestle at Penn State" certainly describes me, most likely describes that someone else, and probably describes all but a handful of the people in the stands at Rec Hall for any give dual meet.)

Second, the amount of research I did was a two-minute Google search on my iPhone. Your screen name leads to your real name, which leads to your LinkedIn page, your honors thesis, & the results of sectionals from your junior year of high school. And that's just on the first page of search results.

You shouldn't be surprised that someone on the board would want to know whether the poster claiming inside knowledge of Spencer Lee's college plans had real connections to the program or was simply trolling.

Bout the only way anybody is going to get this kid to crack is to strap him to a chair and give him some truth serum or make him watch Okie State wrestle the edge.

For the record, three time state qualifier, two time division champ, overall very mediocre career. Beer and girls were my kryptonite.
No need to go searching Cholley ;)

Bout the only way anybody is going to get this kid to crack is to strap him to a chair and give him some truth serum or make him watch Okie State wrestle the edge.

For the record, three time state qualifier, two time division champ, overall very mediocre career. Beer and girls were my kryptonite.
No need to go searching Cholley ;)
I think 90% of internet searches would have that as a guy's kryptonite haha.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
For those who follow recruiting more closely then me, how have Brands and Ryan fared going up against Cael for blue chip recruits like Lee? IIRC, Ryan came out on top for Snyder, BoJo and maybe a few others like MyMar. Anyone else I'm missing? What about Iowa?

As somebody who follows recruiting casually, I have no idea how hard a push staff x is making for a recruit. Football recruiting is much more transparent.

For those who follow recruiting more closely then me, how have Brands and Ryan fared going up against Cael for blue chip recruits like Lee? IIRC, Ryan came out on top for Snyder, BoJo and maybe a few others like MyMar. Anyone else I'm missing? What about Iowa?

As somebody who follows recruiting casually, I have no idea how hard a push staff x is making for a recruit. Football recruiting is much more transparent.

The most recent head to head was Suriano. Cael starting winning the recruiting battle by stepping onto PSU soil.

Others were Retherford, Guilbon, and Nolf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT