ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking engagement with John Urschel

PSU2000

Jul 14, 2009
Last night I had the opportunity to take some of my staff and students to listen to John Urschel at PSU Harrisburg. He spoke about his life, including the huge influence of his mother, his love of football, and his love of mathematics. He spoke for about an hour and did another hour of Q&A. He answered numerous questions about various topics, but the best question he received was the last one. He was asked to share his thoughts on Joe Paterno and his time at Penn State.

He responded "Its tough to talk about but If it wasn't for Joe Paterno, I would have never come to Penn State and if it wasn't for Penn State, I would never be where I am and who I am today!"

What a great way to cap the night. I appreciate that he didn't shy away from it and I loved the answer. We probably cant count how many alumni and others have the same thoughts or can relate to that quote some way, some how. I just thought I'd share to always keep the conversation going about Penn State, its football program and the positive culture that exists surrounding all of it. Penn State produces some great people... #WeAre

Last night I had the opportunity to take some of my staff and students to listen to John Urschel at PSU Harrisburg. He spoke about his life, including the huge influence of his mother, his love of football, and his love of mathematics. He spoke for about an hour and did another hour of Q&A. He answered numerous questions about various topics, but the best question he received was the last one. He was asked to share his thoughts on Joe Paterno and his time at Penn State.

He responded "Its tough to talk about but If it wasn't for Joe Paterno, I would have never come to Penn State and if it wasn't for Penn State, I would never be where I am and who I am today!"

What a great way to cap the night. I appreciate that he didn't shy away from it and I loved the answer. We probably cant count how many alumni and others have the same thoughts or can relate to that quote some way, some how. I just thought I'd share to always keep the conversation going about Penn State, its football program and the positive culture that exists surrounding all of it. Penn State produces some great people... #WeAre

That's awesome. I'm surprised Urschel is still Grand Marshal of the homecoming parade with a warped attitude like that, but it is refreshing to hear. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT