ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier

The terrific Wendy pounds on Shapiro on Twitter all the time, reminding him of his promise to investigate the Second Mile and to go after the folks who really had the best info on JS for years about what he may or may not have done and did nothing. He made the promise, then forgot it as not in his best interests politically. Not sure why... wouldn't exposing a whole organization of covering up be better than going after a few good men based on a flimsy retro-law interpretation?

How do those ex-TSM folks sleep at night?

The ongoing narrative that they did not report this to proper authorities is of course incorrect. They went to the top of TSM - Dr. Jack - which was established by his own testimony in court as a proper place to report. Shapiro and the courts ignoring that and continuing to screw with the lives of three really good people is disgusting and scary.

The terrific Wendy pounds on Shapiro on Twitter all the time, reminding him of his promise to investigate the Second Mile and to go after the folks who really had the best info on JS for years about what he may or may not have done and did nothing. He made the promise, then forgot it as not in his best interests politically. Not sure why... wouldn't exposing a whole organization of covering up be better than going after a few good men based on a flimsy retro-law interpretation?

The ongoing narrative that they did not report this to proper authorities is of course incorrect. They went to the top of TSM - Dr. Jack - which was established by his own testimony in court as a proper place to report. Shapiro and the courts ignoring that and continuing to screw with the lives of three really good people is disgusting and scary.
  1. I believe Spanier, Curley, Shultz, & Joe that MM never told them about sexual assault. I believe he told them he was concerned about something he deemed to be inappropriate.
  2. MM spoke directly to Curley & Shultz. Whatever Spanier knew was based upon what C&S told him. All 3 said that MM didn't mention sexual assault.
  3. John McQueary & Dranov both testified that MM didn't tell them about sexual assault.
It seems to me that we have 6 people testifying to the exact same thing. The only person testifying to the contrary was MM and even he admitted to not using such words. He just insinuated that they knew what he was trying to say. It's all very weak IMO.

My guess is that rumors would have circulated if JS was known to be a sex offender. Coaches, players, BOT, TSM, etc. would have known about as much as C/S/S but everybody said they knew nothing. So either they are all lying or they are covering their rear ends. Same with Courtney & Baldwin.

Last edited:

1. I believe Spanier, Curley, Shultz, & Joe that MM never told them about sexual assault. I believe he told them he was concerned about something he deemed to be inappropriate.
  2. MM spoke directly to Curley & Shultz. Whatever Spanier knew was based upon what C&S told him. All 3 said that MM didn't mention sexual assault.
  3. John McQueary & Dranov both testified that MM didn't tell them about sexual assault.
It seems to me that we have 6 people testifying to the exact same thing. The only person testifying to the contrary was MM and even he admitted to not using such words. He just insinuated that they knew what he was trying to say. It's all very weak IMO.

My guess is that rumors would have circulated if JS was known to be a sex offender. Coaches, players, BOT, TSM, etc. would have known about as much as C/S/S but everybody said they knew nothing. So either they are all lying or they are covering their rear ends. Same with Wendy.

I was with you until your last couple sentences. "They are all lying or are covering their rear ends" is more or less the same thing, imo. (and what does Wendy have to do with that theory?)

Why can't it be that:
1. TSM people knew JS had issues of some sort, and they did not push for an investigation. That's bad up and down the organization.
2. C/S/S knew about the formal '98 investigation finding nothing and that biased their thinking into a 'same old story' approach.
3. Tim reporting to Jack what McQ said put the ball in his and TSM's court, and they needed to investigate and put a plan in place per state laws. Jack's cavalier approach to it probably convinced Tim and Gary that it was another '98. How Raykovitz and Genovese (interesting name, no?) skate on this is unreal.

I am also 100% certain that Tim and Gary were NOT told of a sexual assault by McQ. The boundary issues thing was real, and they all knew it, but I believe none of them thought it went beyond that level of weirdness. And that is where TSM and Jack are responsible as trained professionals.

On the bright side, it's nice to see so many older conservative men finally realize how corrupt and abusive the judicial system can be. Welcome to the world poor minorities have been living in for pretty much the entire existence of our country.
Au contraire...real conservatives are very aware of why safe guards are embedded in our Constitution to protect against State overreach.

Reactions: Ski
I was with you until your last couple sentences. "They are all lying or are covering their rear ends" is more or less the same thing, imo. (and what does Wendy have to do with that theory?)

Why can't it be that:
1. TSM people knew JS had issues of some sort, and they did not push for an investigation. That's bad up and down the organization.
2. C/S/S knew about the formal '98 investigation finding nothing and that biased their thinking into a 'same old story' approach.
3. Tim reporting to Jack what McQ said put the ball in his and TSM's court, and they needed to investigate and put a plan in place per state laws. Jack's cavalier approach to it probably convinced Tim and Gary that it was another '98. How Raykovitz and Genovese (interesting name, no?) skate on this is unreal.

I am also 100% certain that Tim and Gary were NOT told of a sexual assault by McQ. The boundary issues thing was real, and they all knew it, but I believe none of them thought it went beyond that level of weirdness. And that is where TSM and Jack are responsible as trained professionals.
Regarding TSM.... What organization supporting troubled youth would allow their employees or agents to have one on one contact with kids? And what high school would allow a non parent to come take a kid unless preapproved by the parent?

There's no doubt that TSM leadership failed miserably. They got off the hook because they weren't public figures and they didn't didn't have a lot of money.

Last edited:

Wendy rocks.

I heard this as well. During these turbulent times it's nice to see Josh has his priorities in order.

Reactions: marshall23
Au contraire...real conservatives are very aware of why safe guards are embedded in our Constitution to protect against State overreach.
Well that and the fact that Spanier is an ardent liberal. I have no idea of Curley’s and Schultz’s politics.

Regarding TSM.... What organization supporting troubled youth would allow their employees or agents to have one on one contact with kids? And what high school would allow a non parent to come take a kid unless preapproved by the parent?

There's no doubt that TSM leadership failed miserably. They got off the hook because they weren't public figures and they didn't didn't have a lot of money.
My only problem here is with your last sentence. Every kid involved came through TSM. As soon as it was learned that Curley had told JR about what MM had witnessed, all (media) eyes should have then been on TSM. PSU should have defended itself!

I don't know all the ties between TSM and PSU. But I do know that Tom Corbett took over $500,000 in campaign contributions from donors closely tied to TSM over a several year period. I would say TSM got off the hook because Corbett needed it to go that way.

For the narrative to hold up then and remain virtually unchallenged now, the BOT had to have been on board.

One of the judges seemed to express serious concern that the jury instruction related to the crime he was convicted of used the 2007 statutory language. That should be a great sign for graham. The oag is stating that in fact he was convicted under the law that was in place on 2001. Of course if that was truly the case then why did the jury instruction use the 2007 statutory language?

here is the question: if the overturn stays does the oag prosecute him again????
If it wastes tax payer dollars during a pandemic while people are suffering then yes!

• Haha
Reactions: WHCANole
My only problem here is with your last sentence. Every kid involved came through TSM. As soon as it was learned that Curley had told JR about what MM had witnessed, all (media) eyes should have then been on TSM. PSU should have defended itself!

I don't know all the ties between TSM and PSU. But I do know that Tom Corbett took over $500,000 in campaign contributions from donors closely tied to TSM over a several year period. I would say TSM got off the hook because Corbett needed it to go that way.

For the narrative to hold up then and remain virtually unchallenged now, the BOT had to have been on board.
But......
  • TSM didn't have deep pockets like PSU
  • No famous people worked for TSM
  • Many on PSU's BOT were involved with TSM so they were happy to put the blame on Joe, C/S/S and use university money to pay people off and make this go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT