SOTU Thread

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The only correct thing he did say was that the private sector was the life blood of our economy. I hope NJPSU heard that.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Joe Biden will be curing cancer much like Al Gore invented the internet.... SWEEEEET.

SFNit

Oct 7, 2008
I liked Nikki's speech a lot........I think they are grooming her for a VP shot....

Steve G

May 29, 2001
I liked Nikki's speech a lot........I think they are grooming her for a VP shot....
grooming is a rd you might want to be careful using on a Penn State message board, especially in the context of grooming someone for something.......

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
What struck me was the lecturing he did in the speech relative to divisiveness and then passive/aggressively scolded anyone who disagrees with him in a divisive manner. Did he not see how divisive, as opposed to being inclusive, he was?

The tone could have been a lot more along the lines of "I understand your fears", "I appreciate your right to disagree"...etc.

I don't ever remember Bush talking down to people. He always took the stance that he was the president of all of the people, those that agreed and disagreed with him.

Reactions: SFNit and m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
What struck me was the lecturing he did in the speech relative to divisiveness and then passive/aggressively scolded anyone who disagrees with him in a divisive manner. Did he not see how divisive, as opposed to being inclusive, he was?

The tone could have been a lot more along the lines of "I understand your fears", "I appreciate your right to disagree"...etc.

I don't ever remember Bush talking down to people. He always took the stance that he was the president of all of the people, those that agreed and disagreed with him.

Well said Obli. I detected the same. He seems to think he has nothing to do with the current political polarization that exists today. It's really mind blowing.

Had to scratch my head on his comments about not enticing RADICAL ISLAM while only minutes later listing all the RADICALS "he" killed..... Equally as mind blowing.

Reactions: SFNit and Obliviax