ADVERTISEMENT

So who is having pork roast, mashed potatoes, and sauerkraut tonight?

That will help ease the pain and bring good luck for the Lions in 2019. Anyone know why pork brings good luck on January 1? Because, unlike the chicken, the pig always moves forward!!

Go Lions in 2019!!!

This guy - thanks to my wife and her crockpot!

...we have enjoyed it every year of our marriage, along with my wife's homemade applesauce and pumpkin roll or fruitcake...
... hard to stay awake afterward but we have the quarterfinals of the Southern Scuffle wrestling tourney to enjoy tonight at 7:30.... :)

That will help ease the pain and bring good luck for the Lions in 2019. Anyone know why pork brings good luck on January 1? Because, unlike the chicken, the pig always moves forward!!

Go Lions in 2019!!!
Absolutely! Had two plates! Paired with my favorite with pork, Dr Franks dry Riesling. Had a Boston Butt roast( no pic need to avoid a flag since the butt pertains to a pig!):)

Go Lions in 2019!!!

Wife and I made halupki (stuffed cabbage) on Sunday and have feasted on them for 2 days. :)

4e1de5084e4a2187292a603664788fa6.gif

Last edited:
We had pork, kraut, kielbasa, hot dogs, mashed potatoes. All locally grown or homemade. One of my favorite meals of the year.

We had all three, and do every year on New Year’s Day. Happy New Year!

Preceded by a stiff Manhattan I had a Stuffed pork chop with sauerkraut and local orchard made applesauce. Some Christmas cookies for desert.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Close...

brats and kraut with mustard and some onions.....

Go Lions in 2019!!!

Had the kraut last night with Kielbasa and mustard.

But tonight after the game it was a pork loin roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy. Definitely one of my favorite meals. I put the roast and carrots in the crock pot this morning. I'm just now getting around to desert - blackberry pie and mint chip ice cream!!

...black-eyed peas rank right up there with grits on my list... a little better than rutabaga...ugh... :(
... on the other hand one of my favorites is pig stomach...
... different strokes for different folks...

...Happy New Year... !

Pork Butt... seared then crock pot for hours w/the kraut.... added apples for the last couple hours.... finished in oven... eaten with mashed potatoes.... delish.

Go Lions in 2019!!!
Didn’t know pork on NYD was a thing but slow cooked a pork butt because I wanted it for game day. Cosmic.

And it was awesome. 10hrs in the slow-coooker

I had all three available, but I don't eat high carb foods on purpose (I save my carb allowance for beer). Pork and sauerkraut is a tradition that needs more than one day per year in my opinion.

This was the first year that I can remember that I did not have pork and sauerkraut on NYD. Was on the road driving home so I stopped and picked up Chinese takeout. Might have started a new tradition.

I had all three available, but I don't eat high carb foods on purpose (I save my carb allowance for beer). Pork and sauerkraut is a tradition that needs more than one day per year in my opinion.
Yes... leftovers are frozen and will be eaten during the winter at a later date. :)

Reactions: MJG-90
...Chinese takeout!!!!....
...you broke the tradition!!!...

...so that's why we lost the game!!!...

... :( :( :( ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT