ADVERTISEMENT

So...that's what actually happened to Tony Soprano.....

Doesn't matter what is in David Chase's head. If he didn't film it, it didn't happen.

Reactions: mean15
The guy in the Member's Only jacket was at 3 oclock... if he's coming out of the sh1tter like Al Pacino. Tone is looking direct at where the sexy Jewish Italian lookin Philadelphia lawyer is about to walk in.

In my mind, Tony’s life goes on and on and on and on. Just like in the lyrics of Don’t Stop Believin’. Everywhere he goes he will always be looking over his shoulder, always on guard. It’s not a peaceful life, he’ll always have his mental health issues, but he chose it and that‘s that.

Strangers waitin’
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows
Searchin‘ in the night
Streelights, people
Livin’ just to find emotion
Hidin’ somewhere in the night

Funny you post this…I just finished binge watching this.

There is a great YouTube piece on this…many many Easter eggs planted by Chase……he is dead.

Go to YT “Mystery Solved Ending Explained see who set up Tony Soprano By Rodney Pearson
brilliant investigative work and pieced it all together…this is what happened…

At at 4:58 of the video linked above, the two actors discuss what they thought happened to Tony at the end of the series. Almost certainly, this was before Chase came out and gave his explanation.

I always liked that Journey song, long before the Sops. If you went through high school when I did Journey was like the Beatles to kids who grew up 20 years earlier. The girls loved them. The guys liked it because the girls did and they had some good banger songs. Every time I hear Don't Stop I always think of the Sopranos now. Not a bad thing.

There was never any doubt in my mind this was the end of Tony.

Reactions: psu00
The guy in the Member's Only jacket was at 3 oclock... if he's coming out of the sh1tter like Al Pacino. Tone is looking direct at where the sexy Jewish Italian lookin Philadelphia lawyer is about to walk in.
Yeah that's his daughter. Chris said 3 oclock. He also said every day was St. Patrick's Day in Hell. LOL. Great stuff. I never heard or read this but I noticed Meadow tried to park the car three times.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Funny you post this…I just finished binge watching this.

There is a great YouTube piece on this…many many Easter eggs planted by Chase……he is dead.

Go to YT “Mystery Solved Ending Explained see who set up Tony Soprano By Rodney Pearson
brilliant investigative work and pieced it all together…this is what happened…
1. That is 29:34 I will never get back.
2. Rodney should not quit his day job.
3. Rodney clearly thinks that all white girls look alike.
4. The whole "setup girl" thing is just stupid. They tracked Phil when he was actively hiding, so if someone wanted to track Tony's movements at a time when he felt safe, it wouldn't take some grandiose conspiracy to follow him to a very public restaurant.
5. Chase was no genius here. He left the original ending ambiguous in order to provide options in either direction for the cash cow in the future, but Gandolfini's unexpected passing forced his hand to ultimately shit or get off the pot.

4. The whole "setup girl" thing is just stupid. They tracked Phil when he was actively hiding, so if someone wanted to track Tony's movements at a time when he felt safe, it wouldn't take some grandiose conspiracy to follow him to a very public restaurant.
5. Chase was no genius here. He left the original ending ambiguous in order to provide options in either direction for the cash cow in the future, but Gandolfini's unexpected passing forced his hand to ultimately shit or get off the pot.
I found it interesting and very compelling.
Rhianon said she was a model--that was her but ok
They tracked Phil via information that FBI Agent Harris gave Tony by tipping off what town Phil was in--a call from a gas station-only 2 gas stations with pay phones in that town--that really narrows things down for the Sopranos.
I do believe Chase left the ending ambiguous on purpose-Agree..but I do feel the Members Only guy was a hitman for Tony.

Reactions: WaylonJ
I found it interesting and very compelling.
Rhianon said she was a model--that was her but ok
They tracked Phil via information that FBI Agent Harris gave Tony by tipping off what town Phil was in--a call from a gas station-only 2 gas stations with pay phones in that town--that really narrows things down for the Sopranos.
I do believe Chase left the ending ambiguous on purpose-Agree..but I do feel the Members Only guy was a hitman for Tony.
I watched it quite awhile ago and found it compelling too. One can look for gaps in the guy's logic but why introduce that girl's character into the plot at all if she's not involved? What was she in, two episodes at the end of the whole series? It's not like she was necessary to the overall plot. Just another Anthony Jr. fling. I think the guy is probably onto something, and his theory is plausible.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I watched it quite awhile ago and found it compelling too. One can look for gaps in the guy's logic but why introduce that girl's character into the plot at all if she's not involved? What was she in, two episodes at the end of the whole series? It's not like she was necessary to the overall plot. Just another Anthony Jr. fling. I think the guy is probably onto something, and his theory is plausible.
Agree and way too many Tips/Hints with her....that wasn't happistance. What we can all agree to is that Chase made the ending much like Dealey Plaza---its very intriguing and why we are still talking about it today as well as on a CFB message board.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Seems that if you're going to kill someone in a public place, you wouldn't want many people to notice you before you do it. Wearing a Members Only jacket in 2006 would seem to attract attention.

Agree and way too many Tips/Hints with her....that wasn't happistance. What we can all agree to is that Chase made the ending much like Dealey Plaza---its very intriguing and why we are still talking about it today as well as on a CFB message board.
She was inserted to bring AJ out of his funk quickly, which was easy since they knew one another before the institution. That wasn't even her picture on the wall in the salon, and the whole conspiracy theory is just dumb.

If we are going to pretend that the plan at the time the episode aired was that he was unequivocally dead ("but we're just not gonna show that... wink, wink!") then it's a simple matter of: Tony survived the war with New York, but in the life he chose there is much peril, and death or prison are always lurking.

Or maybe I should make a long video piecing together bullshit to suggest it was the missing Russian with a facelift? If Gandolfini hadn't died then who knows where the characters would be today?

I just watched the final scene again. It seems clear to me that when Tony looks up, he is looking towards the front of the restaurant, where Meadow would be approaching from, not to his right, where the bathroom is. And if the guy is there to kill Tony, why would he have to go to the bathroom first? Why would the gun have to be planted there? Why couldn't he just have it on him?

But I will admit that something else I read was very interesting. Twice before, Meadow saved Tony from death (on the college visit and during his coma), but this time, with her trouble parking, she was too late.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Agreed, that video is terrible. The following link is the best explanation I have seen about what happened to Tony. If you take the time to read (skip all of the stuff at the top and start reading at the "Introduction"), you will see that you are wrong, Chase is a genius.

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

Agreed, that video is terrible. The following link is the best explanation I have seen about what happened to Tony. If you take the time to read (skip all of the stuff at the top and start reading at the "Introduction"), you will see that you are wrong, Chase is a genius.

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
Thanks for sharing....digging into this while drinking my coffee.....Never realized or knew Tony wore the same shirt in the Diner that he was wearing when Junior Soprano shot him in Season 5....He's Dead.

Reactions: LionFan87b
Thanks for sharing....digging into this while drinking my coffee.....Never realized or knew Tony wore the same shirt in the Diner that he was wearing when Junior Soprano shot him in Season 5....He's Dead.
In the final scene, do they show the bullet hole in his shirt from when Uncle Junior shot him? 😃

• Haha
Reactions: smealpsu2005

Nah, Tony gets killed last episode. Dude that does it is wearing a Member's Only jacket cause WhatsIsFace he didnt let retire to Florida earlier in the season- the multiple mentions of what you see "when it happens" and it being like the music stops, and the mentions to Members Only jacket including it being the name of an episode in S6, etc all in all it isnt even that subtle or ambiguous on replay. Member's Only jacket did it, shoulder bumped his way out, then ditched the Pacino Corleone bathroom burner. Better to not have had AJ and Carmella screaming with big guy face down in a basket a' onion rings.

Reactions: WPB_lion
Nah, Tony gets killed last episode. Dude that does it is wearing a Member's Only jacket cause WhatsIsFace he didnt let retire to Florida earlier in the season- the multiple mentions of what you see "when it happens" and it being like the music stops, and the mentions to Members Only jacket including it being the name of an episode in S6, etc all in all it isnt even that subtle or ambiguous on replay. Member's Only jacket did it, shoulder bumped his way out, then ditched the Pacino Corleone bathroom burner. Better to not have had AJ and Carmella screaming with big guy face down in a basket a' onion rings.
I am not arguing that we are clearly going with the path where he's dead, since Gandolfini isn't going to be making a comeback in the next mediocre movie.

My beef is with this video's stupid theory that AJ's little girlfriend was a pivotal piece of the ending.

I am not arguing that we are clearly going with the path where he's dead, since Gandolfini isn't going to be making a comeback in the next mediocre movie.

My beef is with this video's stupid theory that AJ's little girlfriend was a pivotal piece of the ending.
Please explain how the NY mob knew Tony was to be at Holstens?

Please explain how the NY mob knew Tony was to be at Holstens?
Please explain how you knew that the NY mob had him killed, assuming he was even killed? Chase hasn't told different stories over the years to indicate "who" did it, even though he could easily put all of this to rest.

Tony was moved back into his house and back to a normal routine, so it wasn't going to be difficult for anyone who wished him harm to follow his movements. It happened with the African Americans that Junior hired early in the series following him to Melfi's office, so it's not that far-fetched for killers without any special skills to follow someone's normal routine.

Or maybe it was like the college visitation episode, where Tony happened to run into a rat that nobody was even actively looking for, and this time the shoe was on the other foot from someone he pissed off?

If people want to buy into every stupid internet rabbit hole theory, then have at it, but don't expect other people to blindly believe it too.

Please explain how you knew that the NY mob had him killed, assuming he was even killed? Chase hasn't told different stories over the years to indicate "who" did it, even though he could easily put all of this to rest.

Tony was moved back into his house and back to a normal routine, so it wasn't going to be difficult for anyone who wished him harm to follow his movements. It happened with the African Americans that Junior hired early in the series following him to Melfi's office, so it's not that far-fetched for killers without any special skills to follow someone's normal routine.

Or maybe it was like the college visitation episode, where Tony happened to run into a rat that nobody was even actively looking for, and this time the shoe was on the other foot from someone he pissed off?

If people want to buy into every stupid internet rabbit hole theory, then have at it, but don't expect other people to blindly believe it too.
Fair points …all hints could have been redirects

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT