ADVERTISEMENT

So be we play Illinois at 5:30?

Love having another game but Ill want on my want list
You didn't get vote because Barry A decided the match-ups for Kevin W.

In the complete absence of leadership within the B1G, I'm amazed at the influence the FF from Madison has on B1G football. Meanwhile, PSU's FF remains complicit and silent.

Reactions: MacNit07
Since Franklin to Urbana-Champaign, does he get a head start and coach the Illini this Saturday?

Running up the score on a very overmatched 2-5 Illinois will prove very little.

I don't blame the conference with figuring out a way to play some of the traditional games missed due to the pandemic.
Lots of bitching, moaning, and complaining because that's what we do, but they actually made the right decisions for all the game re-scheduling decisions they made.

OSU into the conference championship game - people are ignoring the fact that if OSU had played and lost this past weekend to anybody, they still would have been in the conference championship game anyways. The only team that had an argument of "rules being changed" was Indiana and since OSU beat Indiana on the field, that argument is silly.

Wisconsin - MN and Indiana - Purdue - these are long running natural rivalry games which deserved to be given a second chance to have been played.

MSU - MD - this game was cancelled due to covid earlier, so it makes sense to reschedule for this weekend.

Everywhere else, they avoided rematches of games played this season. Nobody would be excited about a rematch, so they did the right thing here, too.

The only way I ever want to see a rematch of an already played regular season game is if the rematch were for a conference title.

Let's beat Illinois and then let the players decide whether they want to play one more game (bowl) or call it quits for the year.

Let’s just worry about winning!
Just as a note

PSU's 5 losses (so far) the opponents had a total of 21 wins
PSU's 3 wins (so far) the opponents had a total of 7 wins.
PSU's next opponent has 2 wins and chances are won't get a third on Sat.

I think, considering the trend, winning should be anticipated, but not an expectation.

Running up the score on a very overmatched 2-5 Illinois will prove very little.

When the next pandemic hits in 2122, Penn State fans hopefully can look back and say they went 5-5 during that. They won’t care what was proved. (This is a sarcastic post).

I don’t care about anything being proven. Get the W and have no injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT