ADVERTISEMENT

So... about Dante Cephus..

OSU has the #1 and #2 WR's in the country coming in next years class. Going to be a long 3-4 more years ahead playing the Buckeyes. Bottom line, elite QB's want to go where the elite WR's are, vice versa, elite WR's go where the stud QB's are going.

What we need is a QB that's a threat to take off with the ball. That opens everything up. I like Allar, and some of his throws are off the charts good, but he strikes zero fear into opponents for making plays with his feet. IMHO: it's the reason Singleton and Allen can't get into space. No defense is concerned on RPOs with Drew's "mesh point." Sad reality, but I believe Pribula would be more effective.
I tend to agree with you with the offense we are trying to run. There wasn't one person in the whole stadium on Saturday that thought Allar was going to pull the ball and go.

This has to be the JF hands on the offense because MY at one point had Mason Rudolph throwing that shit all over the field. MY made both Rudolph and James Washington look like Hall of Famers. So for the heat that MY takes.....maybe he isn't allowed to completely run his offense.

Does anyone think the scheme makes our WR very average? Everyone else can't just recruit the position that much better or coach them that much better. Look at the other teams, WR (even Harrison ends up WIDE open when 110,000 people know they are looking for him). He is good but c'mon!
Out routes are slow, we rarely cross, and we often have 2 or 3 WR in the same area.
Couldn’t agree more. Particularly on crossing routes. OSU used that on the final TD. Given our WR challenges you would think we’d run more crossers and pick plays.

Couldn’t agree more. Particularly on crossing routes. OSU used that on the final TD. Given our WR challenges you would think we’d run more crossers and pick plays.

We did run some. They were just in zone coverage and came forward and made the tackles. At least 2 on the 3rd downs in the Breneman breakdown.

Take a look at the WR's on the roster. We can't get any to run a route that gets some separation?

I mean, go way back to the NFL with Steve Largent. Was he a 4.3 speedster? Nope. Yet he could run a route and get open.
Not even Jerry Rice had “burner” speed but he knew how to read a defense to find open zones. He knew how to create separation to compensate for his lack of elite speed.

Reactions: m.knox
We did run some. They were just in zone coverage and came forward and made the tackles. At least 2 on the 3rd downs in the Breneman breakdown.
sorry if this was addressed elsewhere:

Midway through the 1st Quarter, Singleton had back-to-back runs of 20-yards and 16-yards; that was followed by a 3-yard sack, an incomplete pass, a 6-yard gain on another Singleton run, and then a successful FG from 40 yds

Was it after that possession that Ohio State adjusted their scheme and/or had the Safeties play the run more aggressively?

sorry if this was addressed elsewhere:

Midway through the 1st Quarter, Singleton had back-to-back runs of 20-yards and 16-yards; that was followed by a 3-yard sack, an incomplete pass, a 6-yard gain on another Singleton run, and then a successful FG from 40 yds

Was it after that possession that Ohio State adjusted their scheme and/or had the Safeties play the run more aggressively?

I believe it was. I haven't rewatched the film on it, but after that 6 yard gain we ran our backs 7 times for 17 yards from the first FG until the end of half.

Coming downhill on the run combined with Allar's inaccurate throws, we were toast. I think Yurcich biggest crimes was 1) not sticking with the run on the 2 early drives until they stopped it and 2) the trick play after the punt fumble recovery.

Here was a beautiful gem from todays presser 😂😂😂😂:

Writer: "where was cephas"
Franklin: "he was the starter"
Writer:"until the final drive he had 3 total snaps"
Franklin:(silence)

😂

Reactions: Ski
I believe it was. I haven't rewatched the film on it, but after that 6 yard gain we ran our backs 7 times for 17 yards from the first FG until the end of half.

Coming downhill on the run combined with Allar's inaccurate throws, we were toast. I think Yurcich biggest crimes was 1) not sticking with the run on the 2 early drives until they stopped it and 2) the trick play after the punt fumble recovery.
I agree with both of those.

Reactions: lazydave841
Here was a beautiful gem from todays presser 😂😂😂😂:

Writer: "where was cephas"
Franklin: "he was the starter"
Writer:"until the final drive he had 3 total snaps"
Franklin:(silence)

😂
Doesn’t mean he didn’t start. Do you know one way or another. I’m asking not trying to be proactive. I do recall Cephas and one of the TEs being within 5 yards of each other early in the game so someone screwed up.

Reactions: bison13
Not a cool story dude. He coaches the team. If he was responsible for every damn thing what is the purpose of having assistant coaches and coordinators?
He was a WR coach coming up in the game bville, its our weakest position....i dont much feel like arguing with you....he's the best and their plan was awesome Saturday.

He was a WR coach coming up in the game bville, its our weakest position....i dont much feel like arguing with you....he's the best and their plan was awesome Saturday.
Their offensive game plan sucked. My point is that teams have position coaches and coordinators for a reason. Of the latter one did a good job and the other one was lousy.

Reactions: ram2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT