ADVERTISEMENT

SNL Cast - How much do these guys make? This Pete Davidson

Nittany_9

Feb 21, 2002
guy who appears a few times a season, usually as himself on Weekend Update or a background character in a skit, just dropped $93,000 on an engagement ring?

WTF??? The whole cast can't be bringing in huge bank, can they?

guy who appears a few times a season, usually as himself on Weekend Update or a background character in a skit, just dropped $93,000 on an engagement ring?

WTF??? The whole cast can't be bringing in huge bank, can they?

Considering Grande is worth about $50mm, not sure how impressed she’ll be.

Kidding - that’s a big chunk of change.

Not sure about how much they make. I really enjoyed his interview on Marc Maron's podcast not too long ago.

I could be wrong, but my assumption is that he is also a writer.
And as much as he has a face I want to punch, I hear he is a pretty good dude.

Also, I heard his dad was a firefighter who passed away at the twin towers when he was only 8.
Seems like a lot of comedians have that stuff happen when they are kids.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
What is the rule of thumb? Three times monthly income? So a $100k drop would be $400K per year? I would think he makes that and more with other income like standup and such. Plus, as others have said, she is a money making machine.

What is the rule of thumb? Three times monthly income? So a $100k drop would be $400K per year? I would think he makes that and more with other income like standup and such. Plus, as others have said, she is a money making machine.

Have seen her on TV a couple of times - not really a fan of her music, but I think she has some acting chops and could do some of that. Of course, she could have sometime and I just don't know or follow it.

Reactions: BBrown
I don't know how much the make but I bet he overreached because his GF is so rich he has to bend over to not appear cheap. If he (far from the most famous cast member) is making 400 K then wow, SNL is spending more than I thought. In addition to whatever he gets paid just being on a show that visible probably brings him money in other ways in the sense of getting outside gigs.

I give this marriage about a 1% chance of working. Neither of these people seem all that sensible and stable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they broke up even before they got married.

BTW, in our advanced time of 2018 have we still not gotten past the sexist tradition of the guy having to buy the gal an expensive piece of jewelry?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Most of the cast has side jobs. He has a few movies coming out this year and has done some stand up specials/tours in the past. Don't know if he has any stand up in the works.

BTW, in our advanced time of 2018 have we still not gotten past the sexist tradition of the guy having to buy the gal an expensive piece of jewelry?
uh, we won't get past that until the gals get past that, or get on board with getting past that.

I know a few women who didn't want a fancy ring, wanted something else, etc. But in broad strokes, I don't see much motivation there. ;)

uh, we won't get past that until the gals get past that, or get on board with getting past that.

I know a few women who didn't want a fancy ring, wanted something else, etc. But in broad strokes, I don't see much motivation there. ;)

The interesting thing is, I think in addition to women getteing jewelry out of it there is a sexist bent in the other direction too in that the man is marking his territory by putting a ring on the woman and warning other men away whereas the man bears no such marking even though he is engaged too.

The interesting thing is, I think in addition to women getteing jewelry out of it there is a sexist bent in the other direction too in that the man is marking his territory by putting a ring on the woman and warning other men away whereas the man bears no such marking even though he is engaged too.
sexism in the form of a diamond for her and her cash remaining in her pocket isn't offensive to many women.

When I compare a women's engagement ring to a second men's ring to wear in the meantime, I'm sure most women would have no problem making that adjustment.

A rule of thumb created by a woman about to get engaged no doubt. That’s quite a bit to drop on a ring.

When I first saw him on that Dave Attell comedy underground deal 3 or 4 years ago his routine was about how he still lived with his mom (and he had the SNL gig at that point, I think). So maybe he's living quite cheaply (with the exception of ring expenditures).

I don't know how someone's mind even works this way. There truly is no limit to the things we can be offended by.

I believe they don't get paid much by TV entertainer standards. They're relatively unknown when SNL hires them. Still, they make a lot of money from endorsements, speaking gigs, movies. And if they're a hit on SNL after 4-5 seasons, that's when they make really big money.

A rule of thumb created by a woman about to get engaged no doubt. That’s quite a bit to drop on a ring.

Rule of thumb created by jewelry companies.

I got no problem as long as the guy's actually got the money. What I find pretty silly is the guy puts a $40,000 ring on his credit card, then marries the girl so she can help pay off that debt for the next umpteen years. Only in America.

Reactions: AWS1022
I believe they don't get paid much by TV entertainer standards. They're relatively unknown when SNL hires them. Still, they make a lot of money from endorsements, speaking gigs, movies. And if they're a hit on SNL after 4-5 seasons, that's when they make really big money.

Typically main cast members with his experience would get around $15,000 an episode.

I don't know how much the make but I bet he overreached because his GF is so rich he has to bend over to not appear cheap. If he (far from the most famous cast member) is making 400 K then wow, SNL is spending more than I thought. In addition to whatever he gets paid just being on a show that visible probably brings him money in other ways in the sense of getting outside gigs.

I give this marriage about a 1% chance of working. Neither of these people seem all that sensible and stable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they broke up even before they got married.

This could be a situation like the one Anne Hathaway was in. She was engaged to a “rich” dude. It turned out he was way over extended and using a Ponzi Scheme (or similar) to live the lavish lifestyle.

I’m not saying this guy is running a scheme - he’s not - but I can see feeling the need to over reach to impress a rich, successful fiancé.

This could be a situation like the one Anne Hathaway was in. She was engaged to a “rich” dude. It turned out he was way over extended and using a Ponzi Scheme (or similar) to live the lavish lifestyle.

I’m not saying this guy is running a scheme - he’s not - but I can see feeling the need to over reach to impress a rich, successful fiancé.

Quick search puts his net worth somewhere around $2mm. He doesn't seem to lead an extraordinarily lavish lifestyle or anything and this is a big purchase for him. Rooting for these two. Grande's comment on this pic he posted (they're both in Gryffindor themed Harry Potter gear) is just perfect....

pete-davidson-confirma-namoro-ariana-grande.jpg

Reactions: smealpsu2005
I don't think they get paid all that much by SNL, unless they are a really special case.

But, when they are on that show and living in NYC I think they have all kinds of opportunities to make money doing ads and stuff.

Have seen her on TV a couple of times - not really a fan of her music, but I think she has some acting chops and could do some of that. Of course, she could have sometime and I just don't know or follow it.
She has acting experience — four years as “Kat” on the Nickelodeon show “Victorious.” My daughter was in the prime demographic for that show, so unfortunately I had to endure some of it.

On the other hand, I found its companion show “iCarly” to be almost bearable. There was actually some decent writing and performances on that show.

Let the mocking begin...

She has acting experience — four years as “Kat” on the Nickelodeon show “Victorious.” My daughter was in the prime demographic for that show, so unfortunately I had to endure some of it.

On the other hand, I found its companion show “iCarly” to be almost bearable. There was actually some decent writing and performances on that show.

Let the mocking begin...

I actually have to agree with you about the ICarly show. My kids watched it too so i had to watch so if it as well. It wasn’t bad as kids shows go and had some interesting plot lines.

I actually have to agree with you about the ICarly show. My kids watched it too so i had to watch so if it as well. It wasn’t bad as kids shows go and had some interesting plot lines.

iCarly also the acting debut for Miss 'I Can't Get an Acting Job Because My Boobs are too Big' Emily Ratajkowski.....

sub-buzz-3821-1498143659-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT