ADVERTISEMENT

Slow day - Music trivia

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
1) Who lived at 16 Parkside Lane?
2) What song has the lyrics "Oh, that cement is for, just the weight , dear"?
3) Who was called "Treetop Lover"?
4) What was Sylvia's last name?
5) What song has the lyrics "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass"?
6) The song "59th Street Bridge Song" is commonly know as ....... and who wrote it?
7) What song has the lyrics "Yeah, the bad guys know us and they leave us alone"?
8) Red Rubber Ball. Who wrote it, who sang it and who provided the spelling of the group's name?
9) The lyrics "Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train". Name the song and who wrote it?

No Google allowed.
I'll come back later and provide answers unless it is too easy and everyone gets them correct.

6) The song "59th Street Bridge Song" is commonly know as ....... and who wrote it?
7) What song has the lyrics "Yeah, the bad guys know us and they leave us alone"?
8) Red Rubber Ball. Who wrote it, who sang it and who provided the spelling of the group's name?
9) The lyrics "Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train". Name the song and who wrote it?

No Google allowed.
I'll come back later and provide answers unless it is too easy and everyone gets them correct.
I'll try some 2. - Mac the knife
3. Leroy Brown
7. We get around
9. Me and Bobby McGee

1. The former girlfriend of Harry the taxi driver. She married into money and he was left with a mediocre job.

By the way their is a live version of a sequel to this song. It’s pretty good. Recorded in 1980
3. Jim. From the song “You don’t mess around with Jim”.
6. Feeling Groovy. Simon and Garfunkel.
9. Me and Bobby McGee. Written by Kris Kristoffersen. Made famous by Janis Joplin.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t you put “oldies” in the header? Lol looks like nothing here is less than 40 years old

Reactions: Gnat91
2 Mach the Knife
4 Avery
7 I get around BB"s
9 Bobby McGee Janis Joplin

Shouldn’t you put “oldies” in the header? Lol looks like nothing here is less than 40 years old

Ha Ha - That's because I'm 61 years young and have been stuck in the 60's and 70's for the past 25 years.

Reactions: therod

No Google allowed.

1 sounds familiar but I can't think of it.
2 - No idea.
3 - The ladies called him Treetop Lover, the men just called him sir, he's bad bad Leroy Brown
4 - And the operator says 40 cents more for the next 3 minutes...please Mrs Avery, I just gotta talk to her. Maybe it's not "Avery" but it's something like that.
5 and 6 - No idea.
7 - I know 7 but I don't wanna answer too many so I'll just say it's the same song where they sing "I'm a real cool head, and making real good bread."
8 - The band is Cyrkle, I think.
9 - I know 9 but I'll let others take a crack at it.

Hey gotta go for now I'll post the answers in the morning.

We almost got them all.

Thanks for all that played. ,(The old guys).:D

Reactions: FHSPSU67
8. ya it's going to be all right, ya the worst is over now the morning sun is shining like a Red Rubber Ball.

Okay, I'll pitch in a couple. The task is to fill in the missing lyric.

1. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have "fill in lyric."

2. I said I'm so happy I could die, she said "fill in lyric."

3. I'm a leaf on a windy day, pretty soon I'll get blown away, "fill in lyric."

4. America spells competition, "fill in lyric."

5. Soldier boy kisses girl, "fill in lyric."

1. The former girlfriend of Harry the taxi driver. She married into money and he was left with a mediocre job.

By the way their is a live version of a sequel to this song. It’s pretty good. Recorded in 1980
3. Jim. From the song “ You don’t mess around with Jim”.
6. Feeling Groovy. Simon and Garfunkel.
9. Me and Bobby McGee. Written by Kris Kristoffersen. Made famous by Janis Joplin.

Grateful Dead have had Me & Bobby McGee in their songbook for decades. They do it well.

Reactions: 2atpsu
love these...thanks. worst sports time of the year: Football to Blue/white and spring baseball

Red Rubber Ball was by The Cyrkle, a band from Lafayette College in Easton. Brian Epstein was their manager and Paul Simon wrote the song. It was either Epstein or John Lennon who provided the spelling of the name, which was based on The Circle around Centre Square, Easton's main crossroads of Northampton and Third streets.

No Google allowed.

Answers:
1) Sue - Song is Taxi by Harry Chapin
2) Mack the Knife
3) Leroy Brown
4) Avery
5) Bungle in the Jungle - Jethro Tull
6) Feelin Groovy - Paul Simon
7) I Get Around
8) Paul Simon, Cyrkle, John Lennon
9) Me and Bobby McGee - Kris Kristofferson

1. No luck at all
5. Leaves behind a tragic world

Since we as a board did so well. Trivia Bonus questions: What pop star had an SS father and was a product of Lebensborn? name and group. Who is the only musician inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 3 times ? Name, and the 3 acts ?

1. No luck at all
5. Leaves behind a tragic world

Right. And 4 is a popular song too so someone should get that but 2 and 3 are more obscure.

ETA: 1 is from Hee Haw and 5 is "Listen To What The Man Says" by Paul McCartney.

Since we as a board did so well. Trivia Bonus questions: What pop star had an SS father and was a product of Lebensborn? name and group. Who is the only musician inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 3 times ? Name, and the 3 acts ?

3 timer - Cream, Yardbirds, and solo artist. Clapton

Reactions: m48tank
In answer to the question "What pop star had an SS father and was a product of Lebensborn? name and group." The group is ABBA. Not sure of the name but it is one of the gals. Her mother was from Norway and during WWII when Norway was occupied she had an affair with a German. After the war they fled to Sweeden.

In answer to the question "What pop star had an SS father and was a product of Lebensborn? name and group." The group is ABBA. Not sure of the name but it is one of the gals. Her mother was from Norway and during WWII when Norway was occupied she had an affair with a German. After the war they fled to Sweeden.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad

The blonde gal

#2: she said "drop dead" then left with another guy. (Elvis Costello, Red Shoes)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT