ADVERTISEMENT

SJLuvsLions B2 thread got me thinking....

nittanyfan333

Aug 30, 2010
What’s your favorite aircraft and why? Not just US and not just military, but overall. Whether it’s a SU-27 (you damn commie....) or a Boeing 747, lets hear it.

I’ll go with the A-10 warthog. Ugly and slow, but MAN does that thing bring the freaking rain with that GAU-8 and it’s 3900 rounds per minute.

Not to mention it’s a flying tank. Read some of the stories of the damage these things can take:
https://www.military.com/air-force/air-force-pilot-landed-damaged-10-warthog-using-only-cranks-and-cables.html

And there are a ton of stories out there about warfighters raving about the support these things provide them on the ground. There’s no better aircraft for direct CAS than the hog.

Although the hog is my favorite, I have a soft spot in my heart for the F-15 E (strike eagle). My first duty station was Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage AK. I lived in the dorms which were at the end of the runway. Strike eagles take off full afterburner, so whenever they would fly training sorties it would shake the dorms like crazy. We’re talking can’t hand anything on the walls kind of shaking. The sound of these things spinning up to full AB is music to my ears. They have a special place in my heart....

AAAAAAAAAAmerica!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News