ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Micah Parsons pisses off OSU players with tweet.

Of course we do! Immaturity is not a death sentence. It can be managed and corrected over time. Are you saying that you would turn down his re-acceptance to our offer? If you again say no, it's only because you think 100% that he is going to OSU. This may be true, but our coaches are still working on getting him and would take him in a heartbeat!

Remember when I posted a while back that I met him at the Minnesota game and he was not psu material? He was acting like an ass and disrespectful to fans. People said I was wrong. This kid has trouble written all over him. He's simply super immature and has let the recruiting go to his head.

If I was an OSU player I would request that he no longer be recruited.

He only publicly disrespected the most respected player on the team.

OMG that would be the last straw for me. This guy doesn't understand Rule #1 of a locker room -- you support your teammates and above all your starting QB.

Plus -- Barrett has won a championship and a lot of big games. He has earned everybody's respect through thick and thin, wins and losses.

This is a high school player on a recruiting visit, he's a GUEST of Ohio State, and he runs his mouth about the head coach. Incredible.

I've been trying to be quiet about him but I really, really hope at this point PSU doesn't end up with him. Some Florida team can have him. Or Rutgers or Maryland. I'm about 95% certain after this it's not going to be Ohio State. Which is bad news because it means Meyer will try really hard for Oweh.

Until he grows up, he is going to be a problem for any locker room that he ends up in. Can you imagine this guy tweeting through his freshman season about how he should be starting? What a baby.

Really Parsons is Exhibit A for why players should be allowed to go to the NFL out of high school. It would be better for college football if this guy could just bypass college football

Last edited:
Reactions: deridealldems
So he is a bad kid cause of one tweet? You guys crack me up.

The rest of it --- all the attention seeking -- you can chalk it up to immaturity.

But this one betrayed a total, fundamental lack of understanding of what a football team is. It's not a collection of preening athletes showing off for the NFL. It's a band of brothers who have to support each other. That's how you win. The coaches decide who plays; it's the players' job to support each other through wins and losses and all the incredible s--- they have to endure together.

This is a tough week for the Buckeyes, painful week, they have some soul searching to do. But the last thing they need in the world is some little twerp recruit (5 stars or no stars) telling them who their QB should be. I'm sure the Buckeyes know the key to turning their season around involves 85 players and all their coaches.

Last edited:
You people on this board are beyond stupid!!!! What if Parsons comes to Psu for a game and says the same about Franklin? I am now convinced their are nothing but a--holes on this board, all of you should get off of here immediately!!

Reactions: ftlpsu
If you're JT Barrett and you've won a national championship, been a star for years, will be on an NFL roster somewhere next year, etc, do you forgive a kid for calling for your benching? Not Urban Meyer, who we know is a win-at-any-cost head coach who will gladly accept the kid tomorrow if he signed, not the Ohio State fanbase, who we know is basically a professional fanbase, but JT BARRETT the young man. If you are JT, do you forgive the kid?

You people on this board are beyond stupid!!!! What if Parsons comes to Psu for a game and says the same about Franklin? I am now convinced their are nothing but a--holes on this board, all of you should get off of here immediately!!
first, he didn't say anything about the coach. second, he suggested he'd bench JT for the second string QB (who would get valuable playing time if he went to tOSU). Its not like he got into a fist fight with the starting QB or something

Reactions: Ranger Dan
first, he didn't say anything about the coach. second, he suggested he'd bench JT for the second string QB (who would get valuable playing time if he went to tOSU). Its not like he got into a fist fight with the starting QB or something
So, the offense is lesser than Shady McCoy's? I respectfully disagree: Punches don't have to be thrown, it's the principle of the thing to me.

OMG that would be the last straw for me. This guy doesn't understand Rule #1 of a locker room -- you support your teammates and above all your starting QB.

Plus -- Barrett has won a championship and a lot of big games. He has earned everybody's respect through thick and thin, wins and losses.

This is a high school player on a recruiting visit, he's a GUEST of Ohio State, and he runs his mouth about the head coach. Incredible.

I've been trying to be quiet about him but I really, really hope at this point PSU doesn't end up with him. Some Florida team can have him. Or Rutgers or Maryland. I'm about 95% certain after this it's not going to be Ohio State. Which is bad news because it means Meyer will try really hard for Oweh.

Until he grows up, he is going to be a problem for any locker room that he ends up in. Can you imagine this guy tweeting through his freshman season about how he should be starting? What a baby.

Really Parsons is Exhibit A for why players should be allowed to go to the NFL out of high school. It would be better for college football if this guy could just bypass college football

In the story written about Parson's tweet on Land of 10, Buckeye report, the author of the story stated later on in the piece, that his informed sources tell him that it is likely that Oweh will commit to the Buckeyes...despite their loss, and the negative, post game vibe.

If you're JT Barrett and you've won a national championship, been a star for years, will be on an NFL roster somewhere next year, etc, do you forgive a kid for calling for your benching? Not Urban Meyer, who we know is a win-at-any-cost head coach who will gladly accept the kid tomorrow if he signed, not the Ohio State fanbase, who we know is basically a professional fanbase, but JT BARRETT the young man. If you are JT, do you forgive the kid?

Are you sure about that? Knowing what I know about that Ohio State program, they are pretty old school in some ways. They take a lot of characters, they take a lot of people who are not really college students, but my impression it's a pretty tight ship and they take the team dynamic pretty seriously. You do not see players talking out of school.

Yeah Meyer is hypercompetitive but he is pretty opinionated about how college football works and the way he unloaded on Tom Herman tells you how highly he values team chemistry. For Meyer to take Parsons now would send a really bad message -- undermining his QB as well as the authority of the coaching staff. At very least if he wants to recruit Parsons, he will let the young fool know that he needs to do some serious groveling for a few months before any announcement about Ohio State could be made -- or another visit to Columbus.

Thing is, Ohio State isn't really desperate for players, nor is PSU. They can afford to weigh character and team chemistry and they do -- they both do.

In the story written about Parson's tweet on Land of 10, Buckeye report, the author of the story stated later on in the piece, that his informed sources tell him that it is likely that Oweh will commit to the Buckeyes...despite their loss, and the negative, post game vibe.

That may or may not be true, but I'm sure it's what the Ohio State fanbase is praying for at this point.

I'd rather PSU take Jim Parsons of The Big Bang Theory.

Of course, all of us here would really really really like to take Kaley Cuoco! :rolleyes:

Maybe he will but they think every recruit will commit to the Buckeyes.

Agree...but its just one 'ship. So if you bring him on board and he turns out to be a problem, you let him go. BTW, PItt had Kromarte Carter, formerly a PSU commit who got tossed for drug usage and was highlighted in the show "last chance U" when he was with East Mississippi Community College. He had a tackle against us for Pitt.

He is a take if he wants to come IMO. Let the team leaders, Franklin and Spence straighten him out.

Would not surprise me a bit if Parsons decides to sit for the national anthem in college. My two cents.
I know he will. The Anthem is played while the players are still in the locker room, so, I assume he'll be sitting. Maybe he'll just take a knee.:)

Reactions: BBrown
he tweeted about a QB who won't be there when he plays (should he play for or against tOSU). He then quickly apologized. He's what, 17 or 18? I am unconcerned. If the kid knows he needs better guidance, I am all in. If he does not, that is a concern...but he quickly apologized and said he didn't mean to cause an uproar.

Exactly!

Two thoughts just came to my mind. The second one is particularly inane, but I'll post it anyway.

1. What happened to jt barrett? He looked like he was going to be a world-beater as a freshman. As I recall, he got hurt at some point, but I don't recall it being a serious injury. It seems more to be more a mental thing with him as he supposedly has the physical tools.

2. parson's behavior makes me wonder what LaVar Arrington would have been like had there been social media when he was a high-school senior and then when he was in college. Remember that he had a big ego and wasn't the typical kid to play for Joe from that standpoint. Joe used to say that he and Arrington went at each other, presumably because Joe didn't like the attitude.

Man, Bob you read my mind. I was thinking the same: "what if LaVar had Twitter."

Which is bad news because it means Meyer will try really hard for Oweh.
Crap! That is the down side here... I was just enjoying a little shardenfreude, with the Parsons and tOSU romance having their first spat. I hadn't considered that if tOSU moved on, they would go all in on Smith and Oweh. In that case, I hope they get Smith and don't have room for Oweh. I think they will find room somehow, if Oweh wanted to be a Buckeye.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Crap! That is the down side here... I was just enjoying a little shardenfreude, with the Parsons and tOSU romance having their first spat. I hadn't considered that if tOSU moved on, they would go all in on Smith and Oweh. In that case, I hope they get Smith and don't have room for Oweh. I think they will find room somehow, if Oweh wanted to be a Buckeye.

Obviously all this is pure groundless speculation, but it sounds like Oweh is going wherever Parsons isn't going. So if Parsons has just tweeted his way out of an Ohio State scholarship, Oweh is free to commit there. Who knows though, Franklin was recruiting Oweh very early and has strong relationships. PSU also has a really special DL class and Oweh would fit in beautifully, and probably knows the other PSU commits by now.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Of course we do! Immaturity is not a death sentence. It can be managed and corrected over time. Are you saying that you would turn down his re-acceptance to our offer? If you again say no, it's only because you think 100% that he is going to OSU. This may be true, but our coaches are still working on getting him and would take him in a heartbeat!

Please correct everybody else, on this board, who feels the same way I do the last several months.

Then come back to me sir.

I'm not going anywhere. And I do respectfully disagree with your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT