ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Micah Parsons pisses off OSU players with tweet.

Remember when MRob informed Joe that PSU was no longer recruiting McCoy after the locker room incident?
Wonder if that could happen to OSU here.

Kid is dealing with the perils of celebrity. A year ago, he could stand on a soapbox in downtown Bristol CN and make those statement to which not a person would care. Today, its a big issue.

I hope it drives a wedge between tOSU and him but I think Urban is too smart for that. In the end, probably much ado about nothing.

Reactions: Cosmos and TheGLOV
Urban is in a tough position. Barret is just an average passer and average runner. Teams with equal, or close to equal talent are won by the play of the QB. Barret is just not great at anything. Years past OSU QB's have been great runners, even if they are not great passers. But Barret is a team leader, Does Urban pull barret and possibly lose the team? I think he has to just stick with barret even though they may have a better QB on the bench.
Micah should keep his mouth shut

I'm glad Penn State does not have this problem haha

Last edited:
You guys crack me up. Youth is an affliction that can be cured. Parsons' ability is something that can't be as easily replicated. PSU would be lucky to have him.

I agree...and to that point, PSU is the best place for the kid because he'll be surrounded by good influences.

Two thoughts just came to my mind. The second one is particularly inane, but I'll post it anyway.

1. What happened to jt barrett? He looked like he was going to be a world-beater as a freshman. As I recall, he got hurt at some point, but I don't recall it being a serious injury. It seems more to be more a mental thing with him as he supposedly has the physical tools.

2. parson's behavior makes me wonder what LaVar Arrington would have been like had there been social media when he was a high-school senior and then when he was in college. Remember that he had a big ego and wasn't the typical kid to play for Joe from that standpoint. Joe used to say that he and Arrington went at each other, presumably because Joe didn't like the attitude.

And at what cost. No thanks.

The best place for the kid is probably the armed forces.
he tweeted about a QB who won't be there when he plays (should he play for or against tOSU). He then quickly apologized. He's what, 17 or 18? I am unconcerned. If the kid knows he needs better guidance, I am all in. If he does not, that is a concern...but he quickly apologized and said he didn't mean to cause an uproar.

Two thoughts just came to my mind. The second one is particularly inane, but I'll post it anyway.

1. What happened to jt barrett? He looked like he was going to be a world-beater as a freshman. As I recall, he got hurt at some point, but I don't recall it being a serious injury. It seems more to be more a mental thing with him as he supposedly has the physical tools.

2. parson's behavior makes me wonder what LaVar Arrington would have been like had there been social media when he was a high-school senior and then when he was in college. Remember that he had a big ego and wasn't the typical kid to play for Joe from that standpoint. Joe used to say that he and Arrington went at each other, presumably because Joe didn't like the attitude.

He just doesnt seem nearly as dynamic running as he used to be. He was never an all world thrower, but he was darn fast and a bit more cognitive than Braxton. I have to think his injury was more serious a few years ago than suggested. He just is not nearly as dynamic running the ball as he used to be and that can have consequence on the psyche of a running QB and bleed into their throwing/pocket awareness. He used to look like a 4.4 guy and now he seems to be a 4.6-4.7 runner to me. So what are you left with....an average at best thrower and an average runner. He sort of does nothing exceptionally.

Reactions: BBrown and 81b&w
He just doesnt seem nearly as dynamic running as he used to be. He was never an all world thrower, but he was darn fast and a bit more cognitive than Braxton. I have to think his injury was more serious a few years ago than suggested. He just is not nearly as dynamic running the ball as he used to be and that can have consequence on the psyche of a running QB and bleed into their throwing/pocket awareness. He used to look like a 4.4 guy and now he seems to be a 4.6-4.7 runner to me. So what are you left with....an average at best thrower and an average runner. He sort of does nothing exceptionally.
I feel like he's a good runner, but nobody respects their passing game. So, you've got several good runners and nobody to pass and catch the ball (their best receiver last year was the running back who left for the NFL a year early). So what do you do? you put 8 or 9 up on the box and cover their WR's man-to-man.

Reactions: BBrown
he tweeted about a QB who won't be there when he plays (should he play for or against tOSU). He then quickly apologized. He's what, 17 or 18? I am unconcerned. If the kid knows he needs better guidance, I am all in. If he does not, that is a concern...but he quickly apologized and said he didn't mean to cause an uproar.[/QUOTE]

And he probably apologized because he soon realized that he pissed off Urban Meyer and thought that scholie might sail.

If Parsons was a 3-star/4-star player, I'm guessing everybody on this board would tell him to take a hike. But since he is a 5-star with all-world talent, the apologists want to give him a pass.

Agree...but its just one 'ship. So if you bring him on board and he turns out to be a problem, you let him go. BTW, PItt had Kromarte Carter, formerly a PSU commit who got tossed for drug usage and was highlighted in the show "last chance U" when he was with East Mississippi Community College. He had a tackle against us for Pitt.

I'm still in the camp that says that if CJF wants him then I want him. Although I'm really starting to question this stance, I am holding fast. Earlier today, some on the board where criticizing CJF for slow-playing Hudson and losing him to Michigan. Imagine the outrage if CJF stopped recruiting Parsons and he went to another school and became a multiple year AA and maybe even had career days against Penn State (sacks, TFL, offensive TD's). I think you can have a few guys who aren't in the Penn State conservative mold and they will assimilate based upon the coaching and leadership from senior players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT