ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - good news on the academic front

James R. Carlson ‏@JamesRCarlson

PSU's wrestlers on NWCA All-Academic team are
Nico Megaludis, Zain Retherford, Jordan Conaway, Jason Nolf, Geno Morelli and Matt McCutcheon.​

Last edited:
Penn State Wrestling had 6 Academic All Americans. More than any other team in division 1. National Champs Duals ... National Champs Team .... National Champs Academics !
...and undefeated in dual meets, Southern Scuffle champs, B1G Conference Tournament champs, with 2 individual national champions.

Pretty good year. ;)

Penn State Wrestling had 6 Academic All Americans. More than any other team in division 1. National Champs Duals ... National Champs Team .... National Champs Academics !

...and undefeated in dual meets, Southern Scuffle champs, B1G Conference Tournament champs, with 2 individual national champions.

Pretty good year. ;)

Along with JD's and royboy's accolades, the team had 14 Academic All-Big Ten honorees (tied with tOSU for most in B1G), and was in the top-10% of all wrestling programs in NCAA's APR (Academic Progress Rate, a measure of graduation and retention).

As important, for anyone that's talked with the wrestlers, they're genuinely great people.

Along with JD's and royboy's accolades, the team had 14 Academic All-Big Ten honorees (tied with tOSU for most in B1G), and was in the top-10% of all wrestling programs in NCAA's APR (Academic Progress Rate, a measure of graduation and retention).

As important, for anyone that's talked with the wrestlers, they're genuinely great people.
Nods head

uthh3.jpg

Nico and Zain... NCAA Champions, All Academic, Finance majors. Wonder if these guys might be successful in their future lives?
Damn. There must be *something* these guys are bad at! But I have a feeling they're good at languages, have great taste in art and literature, can sing, can tell stories, everybody likes them, ... Sheesh. It's too humbling.

Damn. There must be *something* these guys are bad at! But I have a feeling they're good at languages, have great taste in art and literature, can sing, can tell stories, everybody likes them, ... Sheesh. It's too humbling.
They're probably bad at basketball and being spotted in a crowd

Reactions: Dogwelder
Slight correction on terminology -- this is the NWCA "All-Academic" team, this is not the Academic All-American. That is released by CoSIDA. And it's trademarked.

I love the type of kids Cael brings into the program. As a fan, you can't help be proud that we not only get to pull for great wrestlers but also outstanding young men in the classroom. They no doubt will grow and become fine young citizens out in " the real world".

Having said that, it now pisses me off even more that you have Sansoucci running his mouth over on HR implying that Zain is juicing. It really shouldn't I know and I really should drop it but it infuriates me considering how obvious it is that Zain does things the right way. The guy talks about his kids all the time. How would he feel if I go around accusing his sons of using PEDs. He's a parent. He should know better than to be spreading that kind of garbage about a young man whether he's just trying to pull our chain or not. I couldn't imagine being Zain's parents and have some idiot out there saying those things about my son. And the folks that run that board should be ashamed that they let him do it.

Sorry... Rant over but my being pissed about it still remains.

They're probably not much at being a coach potato. I'll match up with either of them at drinking a beer and handling a remote control at 15 feet away from the TV.

[ . . . ] Having said that, it now pisses me off even more that you have [So and So] running his mouth over on HR [ . . . ] It really shouldn't I know and I really should drop it but it infuriates me [ . . . ] Sorry... Rant over but my being pissed about it still remains.

Hi johnstownsteel, I understand what you are saying, and I think I understand your frustrations. Here is ~2 minutes on one philosophy of what to do ... (just replace "fear" with "stupidity"): :)

(Warning: Watching will spoil a great scene from the all-time-great "Apocalypto", for those who have not yet seen the movie.)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Hi johnstownsteel, I understand what you are saying, and I think I understand your frustrations. Here is ~2 minutes on one philosophy of what to do ... (just replace "fear" with "stupidity"): :)

(Warning: Watching will spoil a great scene from the all-time-great "Apocalypto", for those who have not yet seen the movie.)

Thank you for that!

And I haven't seen the movie and never had the desire. Having seen the trailer it's now on my list to see next. Looks like a great movie.

Great movie. I had my doubts with all subtitles but Gibson did a great job with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT