ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Franklin To Be Guest Analyst On Iowa-Mich St Broadcast!

IMHO, that's an incredibly tough job. Trying to be honest without pissing off either team / coaching staff.

However, a GREAT PR opportunity......that in and of itself makes the game worth watching!
Seems familiar for some reason....

I think the year was 1974....yes, it was 1974...Ohio State vs Michigan, and there was another guest analyst in the booth on that day, for ABC...

Seems familiar for some reason....

I think the year was 1974....yes, it was 1974...Ohio State vs Michigan, and there was another guest analyst in the booth on that day, for ABC...

Yep! I remember his voice as if it was just yesterday.....not 41 years ago.

I also remember the field goal, looking very very much like it was good, but ruled no good. Goal posts were extremely short, and the kick looked very much like it went through, then afterwards hooked off to the left. It was called no good. Mike Lantry.

Where are guys like Woody Hayes? What a great guy - thoughtful, intelligent, honest. You can see him on that clip in the pre-game interview. Excellent commentary on society.

I can tell you that I'll be very interested to see how Franklin performs.

Why didn't they get Narduzzi? He is the greatest coaching mind of our generation.

I expect James to do very well. He's great at interacting with the media. Great people skills. That will come across. Wonder why they didn't invite Harbaugh. *snicker*

IMHO, that's an incredibly tough job. Trying to be honest without pissing off either team / coaching staff.

However, a GREAT PR opportunity......that in and of itself makes the game worth watching!

Wow, that will be cool. Didn't he do something similar two years ago when he was still at Vandy? Good press for us too.

Where are guys like Woody Hayes? What a great guy - thoughtful, intelligent, honest. You can see him on that clip in the pre-game interview. Excellent commentary on society.

I can tell you that I'll be very interested to see how Franklin performs.
No surprise you love a psycho with pseudo-intellectual pretensions.

I think the "Great Guy" and "Woody Hayes" thing, in the same sentence, probably went out the window in late 1978 in Jacksonville. Dunno, ask Charlie Bauman I suppose. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, "every coach has that in them..bla bla", yep.

How many actually throw an uppercut inside of the facemask though? I count one, so far, in every game I have ever seen.

Lemme know if you come up with another.

I think the "Great Guy" and "Woody Hayes" thing, in the same sentence, probably went out the window in late 1978 in Jacksonville. Dunno, ask Charlie Bauman I suppose. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, "every coach has that in them..bla bla", yep.

How many actually throw an uppercut inside of the facemask though? I count one, so far, in every game I have ever seen.

Lemme know if you come up with another.

I really do feel that no person should have a life of good work undone by a single incident, especially one that doesn't involve murder, etc. But yes, he did go nuts for that one split second. Now that said, I did look up and find that he never apologized for hitting Bauman. I guess I think a lot less of him now.

I expect James to do very well. He's great at interacting with the media. Great people skills. That will come across. Wonder why they didn't invite Harbaugh. *snicker*

Looks to me like he's auditioning for a post-coaching career. Seems to be a natural. Hope he succeeds with us and is too old to follow through with a broadcasting gig.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT