ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: BoT Reform.

denniskembala

Jul 26, 2017
Legislation is pending to limit the BoT to 21 members. Positions to be eliminated are the appointed sheeple of L&I and the Farm Fudds. Best thing that could happen to the BoT and get rid of the royalty that currently ruins our University.

Someone has to say it........

"We landed on the Moon!!!!"

:)

BTW - The "Bernstine Proposal" does (next to) nothing to address the fundamental governance dysfunctions of the PSU Board. Not that anyone cares.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
How many times does one go down the same road - and fail for the same reasons (failing to address the fundamental issues of governance dysfunction - and therefore failing to garner the requisite support)..... "Wagner", "Yudichak 1.0", "Yudichak 2.0", etc etc.....
Before one MIGHT consider that "governance reform" should actually address the fundamental issues of governance dysfunction, in order to give anyone a reason to support it?

I can say with 100% complete confidence that there is not a living, breathing soul on this planet who is a stronger advocate for governance reform of the PSU Board than I am.
REAL governance reform - that addresses and eliminates the FUBAR that infests Penn State.
(And I'd even go one step further and say that NO ONE who knows me would argue that contention).

But this ain't it.

Throwing a different f$cked up proposal out there - at the behest of folks who wouldn't know "Responsible Governance" if it bit them in the a$$ - is a futile and "doomed-for-failure" exercise.
Alas :(

do the math, Barry

11 is a majority out of 21 if the alumni are capable of electing a competent nine and that nine can sway two more, that's 11

people are policy- not regulations

do the math, Barry

11 is a majority out of 21 if the alumni are capable of electing a competent nine and that nine can sway two more, that's 11

people are policy- not regulations
Which ..........two do you think will ever be swayed among the Old Guard? Perhaps if we risk anarchy and no hold overs are permitted to.........govern, there might be a chance. see
Dumb and Dumber.

Which ..........two do you think will ever be swayed among the Old Guard? Perhaps if we risk anarchy and no hold overs are permitted to.........govern, there might be a chance. see
Dumb and Dumber.
No one- but why can't PA's voters choose a Governor who will appoint a few trustees who aren't part of the problem? Granted, that's putting a lot of faith in the electorate, but with all the passion and noise over the BOT election it seems to me that the real opportunity has always been in Harrisburg.

Reactions: denniskembala
The Board is controlled by a collection of special interest groups.
It does not represent any constituency of the University.
The nine that we elect are in the minority and can’t do or control squat.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
They did.

At least many thought they did.

And they cheered like crazy when his first Appointee was Bob Capretto (you’da thought Saquon Barkley just took one 80 yards).

Of course, they cheered for Bob Capretto because Bob said “409” a couple of times....... not because they realized that Capretto was about as close to a Lubert or Dambly as you can get (just without the BOT power base).
And no one seemed to care that Wolf allowed Dambly to finish his term - - - AND handed Dambly another $10,000,000+ in our money (in the form of those scam “low-income housing deals”)
No one cared......... not about one damn thing except “409”.

But....... it’s six, going on seven, years of Groundhog Day in that regard.
Has the “409” Mafia led to things getting better? Or worse?
(Rhetorical question, of course)
I think they just elected "not Tommy"
Maybe it's time to elect a Penn Stater

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT