ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Being PJ Fleck

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Caught my first episode today. Thought it was hokey. Supposed to be impressed by his ability to recite the student-faculty ratio. I wonder how long his shtick lasts at Minny. We've seen this before. Wood-chopping by Greg Schiano at Rutgers. It never does have a long shelf life.

Caught my first episode today. Thought it was hokey. Supposed to be impressed by his ability to recite the student-faculty ratio. I wonder how long his shtick lasts at Minny. We've seen this before. Wood-chopping by Greg Schiano at Rutgers. It never does have a long shelf life.
I tend to agree with you Cosmos. Let's face it, there is a ceiling at Minny and Kiln and the guy they just fired reached it. If Fleck goes a consistent 7-6, 8-5 and an occasional 9-4 it will probably be a disappointment to Minny fans as that is what they have gotten out of their last two coaches.
I will say Fleck is obviously more personable and easier to like that their last coach, who was very unimpressive. But IMO Fleck will either be there 3 years and leave for a better opportunity or he will fall into that rut of mediocrity that Minnesota is known for.

Reactions: Rollin Stone
They are in the West division, so the realistic expectations should be Fleck having them in the B1G title game every 3-4 years or so, they should be pleased with that assuming the down years are still bowl eligible

nothing like Rutgers and Schiano. Rutgers was a doormat when Schiano took over and he completely changed that program. Schiano is akin to what Al Golden did at Temple. Minny is a decent P5 program with a fanbase and a brand new stadium. The issue with Minny is fans want to emulate what Wiscy does in taking 3 star talent and winning Big Ten championships and playing in the Top 15 and good bowl games.

Best job in Minnesota is the women's volleyball coach....too bad there aren't any more Tapp girls....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT