ADVERTISEMENT

SI.com lists McSorley as a Heisman front runner for 2018

Wait so third team isn't as good as second but second is better than first? Hmmm

There's a decent change McSorley is the best QB in the Big Ten next year but no QB in the Big Ten this year was in the running. Taylor is going to be the guy the Big Ten pushes IMO
But we've seen how much success RB's have in the Heisman race. It's a QB award, so Trace would have the edge over Taylor.

But we've seen how much success RB's have in the Heisman race. It's a QB award, so Trace would have the edge over Taylor.

Derrick Henry won 3 years ago. Yeah, QBs do seem to typically win but I don't see the logic in thinking Trace has the ability given our schedule to come close statistically to other top QBs in other conferences. A Big Ten player hasn't won since Troy Smith before him it was Ron Dayne and Charles Woodson. Trace won't have the needed hype or numbers. I think you know that

I think the poster meant to say can't instead of can. Maybe I'm wrong.
So funny how the inclusion or exclusion of the word NOT impacts the message. Almost like a 180. Almost, but not quite. ;-)

Derrick Henry won 3 years ago. Yeah, QBs do seem to typically win but I don't see the logic in thinking Trace has the ability given our schedule to come close statistically to other top QBs in other conferences. A Big Ten player hasn't won since Troy Smith before him it was Ron Dayne and Charles Woodson. Trace won't have the needed hype or numbers. I think you know that
He's already getting hype being listed as a front runner. I think it will be tough for any PSU player to win because they play for PSU (as has been proven in the past) but to write his chances off already like you're doing is ludicrous.

He's already getting hype being listed as a front runner. I think it will be tough for any PSU player to win because they play for PSU (as has been proven in the past) but to write his chances off already like you're doing is ludicrous.

Everyone is against us but Trace of all people is going to win. Gotcha

His home run swing isn't very popular with other fanbases apparently.
I'm a Penn State fan who doesn't particularly like it either. If an opposing player did that, I'm pretty sure many on here would be criticizing it also.

Wait so third team isn't as good as second but second is better than first? Hmmm

There's a decent change McSorley is the best QB in the Big Ten next year but no QB in the Big Ten this year was in the running. Taylor is going to be the guy the Big Ten pushes IMO
Taylor, along with Dobbins.

Trace McSorley was a big part of Penn State's turnaround last year. I thought he played even better this year. Let me see, back to back 10-2 seasons, plays with his throttle wide open. Would love to see TM win a Heisman Trophy.

McSorley is going to have to up his asshole game significantly if he is going to win the Heisman.
"Up his asshole" is a game? :eek: Where are tongs when you need them? (Not that there's anything wrong with that,)

McSorley is going to have to up his asshole game significantly if he is going to win the Heisman.
Reports from my inside sources at practice indicate he's been practicing his crotch grab especially for the Pitt game. It's in CJF's notebook as a Heisman prerequisite now so not leaving anything to chance.

RBs from Bama seem to have a shot. Otherwise you better play QB to be considered. Trace is a gamer and will make big plays when needed whether he racks up huge stats or not. I think he's got a better shot than you think if things fall right.

I think he has a decent shot. Lots of weapons (losing Gesicki and Saquon will hurt, but others will step up just like Hamilton did this season without Godwin), two really good years of experience under his belt, an improved OL (hopefully), running the same system for a third year (assuming Rahne does not make big changes). Playing for a genuine contender seems to usually be a factor too.

And Heisman voters do seem to like mobile QBs (Newton, Manziel, Jackson, Mayfield, etc).

I'm a Penn State fan who doesn't particularly like it either. If an opposing player did that, I'm pretty sure many on here would be criticizing it also.

JoeMo told the QBs to come up with a celebration for long TD passes in practice. Blame him if you don't like it.

Agreed, it's not my favorite thing either. But compared to grabbing ones crotch while shouting expletives at the other team, it's pretty tame.

I'm not a fan, think its a little childish, but don't really care. If the worst thing you can say about your qb is that you don't like his pretend home run swing after big plays then you probably have a pretty good qb.

Reactions: Madsol and LionJim
Pitt fans are hysterical.

HailToPitt1985
All Conference

McSorley and Pickett are not similar in the least. Pickett has a much stronger arm, more accurate than McSorley, and he's smarter than McSorley. He also has more guts than McSorley.

Joe MagaracFreshman
Gold Member

Picket and McSwirly are not even remotely in the same universe. Anyone with 2 eyeballs can see that Pickett is talent wise head and shoulders above that poser from the cesspool.

joeydavidJunior
Don't get the comparison. McSorely isn't an accurate QB; never has been.

pittdan77
The only college QB with a worse deep ball than McSorely the last two years was Max Browne.

HailToPitt1985
Heisman???? Where did that come from??? It's not even remotely possible for McSorley. Pickett is a very good QB and has more upside than McSorley, and he's far from a Heisman candidate. So I don't think McSorley is even being mentioned as a Heisman candidate, except by the cult.

PittisLit5959Prep
Silver Member

This thread just shows how damn stupid this fan base is. One QB is a manning award finalist, the other has 2 starts under his belt.

HailToPitt1985
All Conference

McSorley and Pickett are not similar in the least. Pickett has a much stronger arm, more accurate than McSorley, and he's smarter than McSorley. He also has more guts than McSorley.

Joe MagaracFreshman
Gold Member

Picket and McSwirly are not even remotely in the same universe. Anyone with 2 eyeballs can see that Pickett is talent wise head and shoulders above that poser from the cesspool.

joeydavidJunior

pittdan77
The only college QB with a worse deep ball than McSorely the last two years was Max Browne.

HailToPitt1985
Heisman???? Where did that come from??? It's not even remotely possible for McSorley. Pickett is a very good QB and has more upside than McSorley, and he's far from a Heisman candidate. So I don't think McSorley is even being mentioned as a Heisman candidate, except by the cult.

PittisLit5959Prep
Silver Member

This thread just shows how damn stupid this fan base is. One QB is a manning award finalist, the other has 2 starts under his belt.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

I think Trace should be in the discussion. let's wait to see how the season plays out before we cast votes. My feeling is that we play better next year on offense. If the D steps up, we are in the running. We now have the talent we need to move up, not over. Sanders et al. will do quite well and give Trace more cover. He needs to improve his short game and the new coach should reduce number of options he makes. IMHO

I agree with you 100%, I haven’t watched a single minute of the Heisman ceremonies in years.

Was really disappointed when I looked at the vote totals.....and looked at the wording in the award itself. It seems that there were maybe only a few voters in the entire country that took into account Mayfield’s long list of anti-Heisman-like actions.

Penn State is still toxic to a lot of fans.....and voters.....across the country. I’m convinced even if he had had a spectacular year and won the Heisman, there would have been a record number of voters that simply refused to put his name on the ballot even at the #3 spot.

He would have given one of the most humble acceptance speeches of all time.

The Heisman and DAC don't deserve Saquan Barkley.

HailToPitt1985
All Conference

Joe MagaracFreshman
Gold Member

joeydavidJunior

pittdan77

HailToPitt1985

PittisLit5959Prep
Silver Member

So the pitters think he is the second coming of Dan Marino....after seeing him play one game.

So the pitters think he is the second coming of Dan Marino....after seeing him play one game.

We heard all about how great Browne was. Our defense got him benched. DiNucci came in and scrambled some in the 2nd half and the narrative changed to "if DiNucci had started..." Then Pickett is a part of the Miami win and he's suddenly the most accurate, stronger armed, more intelligent, etc.

I wouldn't expect anything less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT