ADVERTISEMENT

Shocker here....Urban must have forgot about this...

This situation with Smith is not going to change my opinion of him one way or the other, honestly.

I know that. All I am saying is that if you are going to attack him get your facts right and don't repeat obvious falsities. There is much that Meyer can be criticized for, particularly during his tenure at Florida.

I know that. All I am saying is that if you are going to attack him get your facts right and don't repeat obvious falsities. There is much that Meyer can be criticized for, particularly during his tenure at Florida.

Again, I don’t think here anybody cares enough about it to bother getting all the facts lined up. It’s just not that important to us.

Reactions: odshowtime
You are annoying people, that’s why the kerfluffle.

I know that. Don't care if the truth annoys people or makes them uncomfortable. My original post simply pointed out the mistake and that, as of the time of the post, zero evidence in the records that Meyer intervened in 2015.

I know that. Don't care if the truth annoys people or makes them uncomfortable. My original post simply pointed out the mistake and that, as of the time of the post, zero evidence in the records that Meyer intervened in 2015.
You’re misunderstanding me. The truth is not annoying people. You are annoying people.

Last edited:
His answer is that he could be accused of witness tampering which is a very legitimate fear. Not his job to evaluate the truth when even CS's mother doesn't believe her. Also, CS was accused of trying to run down ZS with a car one time.

I’m not arguing with your position on this. I wish many had given Joe Paterno the benefit of doubt. He, more than most, earned it.

Reactions: marshall23
Seriously, I don't see why anyone would not want to have factual mistakes corrected. I get where certain people here will always think that Urban is evil. However, one narrative that is clearly wrong is that he sent a lawyer in 2015 to talk CS out of filing charges.

To the extent that some of the people here want to bang Meyer on clearly incorrect facts what you have is a club of people who don't care about the truth and take some pleasure in dishonest smearing. If that is your position and the position of a majority of posters here, I am happy to go away. No sense wasting my time with people who have zero concern about the truth. If you and others have no concern about the truth, just admit it explicitly, and I am happy to go away.
Obviously you haven’t been on this board much in the past seven years. We seem to be the only fans that care about the truth at least in terms of Penn State. Then you come on here and lecture us about the truth in a case where no matter how you slice it, Urban lied. We’ll care about the little truths when anyone outside of the Penn State community cares about the big truths.

Reactions: AvgUser and ouirpsu
interesting Lurker, but what is the CDC?
Sorry, sometimes it's difficult to follow the acronyms constantly used on this site.
I'M approaching 70, probably working as an engineer into the 2020's.
WHAT THE HECK IS CDC?

Center for Disease Control comes to mind.

Reactions: step.eng69
Urban to USC.

And I know USC better than anyone here. ;)

Would be great. Love for him to win 2 or 3 national championships for USC and stick it in the face of OSU's pc administration. Would like to see him coach outside of the Big Ten and SEC.

Wouldn't be that popular there. I have already seen the speculation there though. If Meyer can make the OSU administration look like a bunch of horses asses more power to him.
It’s not that popular here either, but you continue to post. Try it out over there, maybe for a week or so. Give it a shot.

It’s not that popular here either, but you continue to post. Try it out over there, maybe for a week or so. Give it a shot.
I will point out obvious mistakes no matter how uncomfortable it makes some people here or how unpopular I may be.

Point out the obvious mistakes, yet when shown what Smith did and said, silence. Lmao. Show tOSU. Get out of here. He knew for years and did absolutely nothing. He also lied out his ass. He also knew what was going on at Florida. You've lost all credibility defending him. And....I truly have given Urban the benefit of the doubt. No more. Urban is about Urban. The only reason he held players accountable at tOSU is because he had to. He's in the B1G, not the slimeball SEC.

The only reason he held players accountable at tOSU is because he had to.

So, he did the right thing by OSU. He changed and improved. That is all I care about. Somehow you view this as a criticism.

If you have complaints about Meyer at Florida, maybe you want to go to the UF board or complain to the UF administration. Meyer did good by OSU and its players, which is all I can ask. For example, at about 38 minutes into this program, Tony Pike, former qb at UC, stated how much the OSU players loved Meyer and would go to war for him. https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-...episode/cincy-360-with-mo-egger-and-30259006/

If his health gets better or he decides to coach again, there won't be a paucity of job offers -- good for him.

Urban's leaving, right? Not sure why this is still such an issue. Meyer owned the Big Ten during his tenure (56-4?). Hopefully with him leaving Franklin and Penn State take that title not Day and Ohio State.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Would be great. Love for him to win 2 or 3 national championships for USC and stick it in the face of OSU's pc administration. Would like to see him coach outside of the Big Ten and SEC.

I think he would be VERY LA. And his recruiting prowess would be second to none. The Pac is certainly much easier for CFP than B1G or SEC.

My wife, not a Penn Stater as she attended Kent State and Akron U, found out about Meyer and his new jobs yesterday and asked me in a serious fashion if this was a joke. When I told her it was true, she stated this says everything about OSU’s credibility and reputation. That includes the university administration, athletic department and football fans. This is what the outsiders think, that is those who don’t have any ties to the university and don’t care if the football team wins or loses.

The perception by most (including all my neighbors here in FL) is that OSU is nothing but a football factory where academics take a back seat to athletics and the poor education anyone receives there means nothing. Unfortunately this perception hurts those who have graduated from OSU including my own daughter. The university administration, athletic department and fans all contribute to this. So dailybuck can come here and say what he says, but it means nothing and helps perpetuate how poorly thought of the Ohio State University and football team is, even in some places in Ohio. So dailybuck can take that in his pipe and smoke it.

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT