ADVERTISEMENT

September 1: First Contact Day For Class of '18

Coaches are hitting the phones hard in Happy Valley and Macon, France today.
- Seth Nevills
- Travis Wittlake, Jr.
- Aaron Brooks
- Jacori Teemer
...just to name a few. Having Joe Lee committed is always a plus!
Thank you sir.

Those guys really should commit already:

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Brooks right down the road in Hagerstown

Teemer from Longuyland and cronies with Adam B.

I might have to check out some of their vids

Good list - how about Beard and Shane Griffith also?
Their interest in Beard has cooled down and Griffith might be a backup plan.

This class of Junior's has been the one they have targeted as the next group to be the foundation of four more NCAA team titles.

The best part of these targeted, top-tier recruits is they want to compete for Penn State!

I will be shocked if it comes to fruition, however the staff is optimistic that Fix is still in play for Penn State.

The news about Griffith and Beard makes me wonder if Singletary or Berge are in the mix. Though they seem to be done with 17 (except for Fix).... so maybe just see Brooks and J. Lee > Griffith and ??? > Beard.

Last edited:
Their interest in Beard has cooled down and Griffith might be a backup plan.

This class of Junior's has been the one they have targeted as the next group to be the foundation of four more NCAA team titles.

The best part of these targeted, top-tier recruits is they want to compete for Penn State!

I will be shocked if it comes to fruition, however the staff is optimistic that Fix is still in play for Penn State.

Oui oui

Good list - how about Beard and Shane Griffith also?
Griffith has grown to 160 -- same weight as Brooks. Not a lot of lineup flexibility with Wreck Hall at the next weight up. As good as Griffith is, Brooks looks more offensively explosive.

Beard may be fallout of the decision to grayshirt AJ Nevills.

IIRC, Teemer beat Busiello a couple years ago in the NY state finals. I think he's up to 132 now, so he's probably being projected to 141.

Interesting that all 4 are nonresidents despite some big PA names in 2018 (Beard, Sasso, Hoffman, Walters, Jones, Duggan, etc.). No complaints, just an observation. In Cael we trust.

Please this. My #1 wish list guy of non-committed wrestlers for the class of 2017. I see him at 133 in two years, slotting in as Cortez moves up and Nick Lee succeeds Zain.
Didn't Cortez leave Illinois because he wanted to wrestle 33 and couldn't beat out Zain Richards? Why would he move up to 41 for PSU and not Illinois? The way I see it is if PSU get's Fix he would go 25 as a TF and have Suriano RS, then switch roles the following year. When Fix comes off the RS Cortez will have graduated and Fix/Suriano will figure out who will be 25/33 with Nick Lee 41. Don't forget PSU is in play for Berge at 49.

Didn't Cortez leave Illinois because he wanted to wrestle 33 and couldn't beat out Zain Richards? Why would he move up to 41 for PSU and not Illinois? The way I see it is if PSU get's Fix he would go 25 as a TF and have Suriano RS, then switch roles the following year. When Fix comes off the RS Cortez will have graduated and Fix/Suriano will figure out who will be 25/33 with Nick Lee 41. Don't forget PSU is in play for Berge at 49.

He'd only have 1 year at 141 under my scenario, which is a different one than Illinois presented.

Oh, and Singletary is my #2 wish. That would be a sweet recruiting class, with Fix, Singletary and Nick Lee as a base.

He'd only have 1 year at 141 under my scenario, which is a different one than Illinois presented.

Oh, and Singletary is my #2 wish. That would be a sweet recruiting class, with Fix, Singletary and Nick Lee as a base.
Thats some class with Manville and Nevills coming in that year as well.

Here's a good Fargo vid of Brooks - lots o' ankle picks

Tons of Fargo clips on YouTube now. The Nick Lee/Kanen Storr match is great

Here's Teemer's final:

Last edited:

Isn't Singletary the same weight as Big Snacks?

Why have I not seen the name of one David Carr??? Don't tell me he is off the board! Any inside info on Mr. Carr Ames2State??

Singletary is supposedly moving up to 220 this year, and there's some word he could grow into college HWT. That last part is far from set in stone, and it'll surely be part of his college decision.

Someone better call spyker's house, make sure he hasn't stroked out.
Blasts from the past:

That would be AWESOME !!!! PRAYING CAEL IS PUTTING A FULL COURT PRESS ON FIX SINGLETARY AND ESPECIALLY DAVID CARR....FIX AND CARR ARE THE MAIN TO I AM PRAYING CAEL IS GOING HARD FOR RIGHT NOW...HAVING FRANK IN THE ROOM EVERY DAY SHOULD REALLY HELP WITH FIX !!!!

Well Carr's brother or Dad helps at Cornell...YES WE NEED DAVID CARR REALLY BAD...THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE GREAT...MARK IT DOWN NOW !!!! CAEL MUST PUT THE FULL COURT PRESS ON FIX AND CARR BIG TIME GUYS...I HAVE BEEN SAYING MY PRAYERS...JUST HOPE CAEL IS THINKING THE SAME. YOU CAN MENTION RECRUITING TO HIM ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR E-MAIL BUT HE WILL NOT RESPOND CAUSE HE'S NOT ALLOWED...PUTTING IDEAS IN HIS HEAD DOES NOT HURT....LOL

WOW...This could be great news for us if Cael takes full advantage...WE MUST GET DAVID CARR AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO E-MAIL CAEL AND LET HIM KNOW HOW BAD THE FAN BASE WANTS HIM...THIS YOUNG MAN IS GOING TO BE GREAT !!!!

Looks like not enough of us emailed Cael.

Reactions: diggerpup

Certain chrome dome coach spotted in Iowa today

Last edited:
Teemer is projected as a 149 at the next level.

Singletary is not being recruited by Penn State.

David Carr is most definitely on their board.
Scholarship money is the issue.

Aaron Brooks is going to be a class of '19 recruit since he plans to gray shirt and train at the Olympic Training Center after his senior year of high school and that will help with scholarship allocation.

Aaron Brooks is going to be a class of '19 recruit since he plans to gray shirt and train at the Olympic Training Center after his senior year of high school and that will help with scholarship allocation.
I could see him even at 157 but that's about right

That's some red meat there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azchief32
Just passing on what I heard...makes sense, but would Cael be in France the whole week or get there in time for freestyle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT