ADVERTISEMENT

Senator John McCain has brain cancer.

Must be a Glioblastoma (Grade 4 Astrocytoma). A childhood friend of mine died from it a couple of years ago and the father of a good friend of mine from Penn State is suffering form it currently. Prognosis is grim.

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
Must be a Glioblastoma (Grade 4 Astrocytoma). A childhood friend of mine died from it a couple of years ago and the father of a good friend of mine from Penn State is suffering form it currently. Prognosis is grim.

That's what it is. Same as Joe Biden's son. Prognosis isn't good. Prayers for him and his family.

As a staunch moderate independent, I always found Sen. McCain to be a voice of reason and common sense, even if I did not completely agree with his stance. He understands that mutual respect in Congress is needed, and is lacking, at least on the surface. I'd like to see more like him, and bring us closer to the middle overall, where I think most people truly are.

guys, please do not use this thread to attack other posters over their political views, leanings, etc. In addition, please avoid discussions as to how you think/wish things were in Washington, or in the political arena.

I'm trying to be elastic in this thread with regards to my rules about no politics on the board, but there are limits.

Saw the man often when I worked on the Senate side back in the early 90s. Him and my boss were very close. Senator McCain always walked around in obvious pain from the torture he suffered over in Hanoi. Very nice to lowly staffers like me
That is certainly the measure of a man inside the Beltway; being respectful to people who aren't able to provide you with political favors.

guys, please do not use this thread to attack other posters over their political views, leanings, etc. In addition, please avoid discussions as to how you think/wish things were in Washington, or in the political arena.

I'm trying to be elastic with my rules about no politics in this thread, but there are limits.

It would appear that you're preaching to the choir. I only saw respectful posts, and nothing partisan. Did you or the mods already have to take out some garbage?

Regardless of your politics, one cannot deny the decency of the man. I will always remember the way he shut down a woman during a town hall meeting when she said Obama was un-American. I hope Obama is right. He tweeted that cancer does not know what it is up against. Here's hoping McCain wins the fight.

Regardless of your politics, one cannot deny the decency of the man. I will always remember the way he shut down a woman during a town hall meeting when she said Obama was un-American. I hope Obama is right. He tweeted that McCain's cancer does not know what it is up against. Here's hoping McCain wins the fight.
Fixed it for you.

Last edited:
I lost my father to this two years ago. It's a horrible, horrible unimaginable disease. My father suffered a horrific seizure in my arms as the tumors cause those events due to attacking of the brain. We received the same type of prognosis but lost my father after 2 months. At the end I was praying for mercy for him.

My thoughts are absolutely with Senator McCain and anyone else out there who is suffering or has a loved one battling this. My heart hurts when I read theese stories.

Not a good thing to have. Without meaning to get partisan about it, he's fortunate to have at his disposal the very best medical plan that this country offers, which is the one that Congress has and nobody has access to. When they made the rules about Obamacare, they conveniently left themselves out of it.

Not a good thing to have. Without meaning to get partisan about it, he's fortunate to have at his disposal the very best medical plan that this country offers, which is the one that Congress has and nobody has access to. When they made the rules about Obamacare, they conveniently left themselves out of it.

I do not have a warm and fuzzy feel for ANY Senator or Congressman. They are ALL "bought and paid for" (see: health care was to be included in original SS bill). That being said, I feel for anyone that is ill. Especially since "we" do NOT spend enough money on health to put and end to all of this !!!!!!

I do not have a warm and fuzzy feel for ANY Senator or Congressman. They are ALL "bought and paid for" (see: health care was to be included in original SS bill). That being said, I feel for anyone that is ill. Especially since "we" do NOT spend enough money on health to put and end to all of this !!!!!!

Put an end to all of this? Are you kidding me?

Not outrage. I merely made the observation that he is very fortunate to have the best health care plan in the world. It is a bad disease, but perhaps his odds are somewhat better than if he were unlucky enough to have a bronze plan off the exchange that still costs a small fortune.

Not outrage. I merely made the observation that he is very fortunate to have the best health care plan in the world. It is a bad disease, but perhaps his odds are somewhat better than if he were unlucky enough to have a bronze plan off the exchange that still costs a small fortune.

I do know that "bronze" is third place AND that is good enough for "us". :)

You'll get the expensive crappy bronze plan with the huge deductible and the limited access to most physicians, and you'll like it, goddamnit!

(But those of us in Congress thankfully don't have to put up with this crap.)

You'll get the expensive crappy bronze plan with the huge deductible and the limited access to most physicians, and you'll like it, goddamnit!

(But those of us in Congress thankfully don't have to put up with this crap.)

I seem to remember your participation in a thread a few days ago....I believe "No big deal. To have him state it in less offensive terms would have been quite shocking, given his history" was the quote....in response to the inappropriateness of commenting (with facts, mind you) on a recruit's academic standing.

Your garbage about health care has no place in this thread, either. To have you keep your mouth shut about it would have been quite shocking, given your history.

Look who's back! I had forgotten how poorly your stream of consciousness efforts came across. You seem to be one dumb SOB, if you don't me saying so in a public forum.

Reactions: tobakkorudy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT