ADVERTISEMENT

Self-Scouting?

DavidM

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2002
Annapolis, MD
From the cheap seats, I'm wondering about the coaches' willingness to take seriously what they're seeing from their films of the previous games. I see defensive players who continually refuse to plug the obvious gaps on the D line. I see DEs continually go upfield and run themselves out of the plays. I see almost no stunts from the DL--they always seem to bull rush straight on. I continually see blitzers who never get to the QB, leaving the rest of the D with too much field to cover. I see WRs who continually drop passes, or who run bad routes, and they seem to get more playing time than more productive receivers. I see OL that, despite considerable experience, seem soft and sloppy in their techniques. I see very little misdirection from the offense, zero screens, and generally a absence of creativity from the offense. if I can see all of this--and obviously there are others who see it as well--don't they? And If they do see it, why aren't they adapting to the realities they see?

Against good teams, this ain't working. What's that saying about the definition of insanity and expecting different results from the same behavior?

Reactions: Steve052
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News