ADVERTISEMENT

Seiders Interim OC. Franklin wants Moorehead back

I could have been the OC with Saquon, McSorley, Godwin, etc.!
Those Barkley wheel routes called by Moorehead were legendary! Man was a genius with regard to utilizing his players according to their strengths! Little known and remembered Saeed Blacknall catching bombs when Gesicki and Godwin were covered! I’m getting excited again!

Didn't Moorhead just take the Akron HC job last year???

Don't see someone leaving an FBS HC'ing job for an OC job.... Leave for a better HC'ing job, yes.... but leaving a FBS HC'ing job for an OC role? Don't think so.

Sean Lewis says hi.

Tho I agree, it's unusual.

Sean Lewis says hi.

Tho I agree, it's unusual.
I think Sean Lewis is a very credible OC. He was the scapegoat by Coach Prime. The Colorado OL is miserable and he still had them scoring points. I'd hire him in a heartbeat but Franklin needs to be told by Kraft he has NO SAY in the offensive scheme. Franklin, going through so many failed OCs is the lone constant in the consistent failure of the offense. Their improper utilization of the RBs and the very slow developing running plays are Franklin's calling card.

Those Barkley wheel routes called by Moorehead were legendary! Man was a genius with regard to utilizing his players according to their strengths! Little known and remembered Saeed Blacknall catching bombs when Gesicki and Godwin were covered! I’m getting excited again!

Sure. Show us Gesicki and Godwin on this team. And for that matter, show us the two quarterbacks we would need to keep fresh when that system destroys one of them physically, because that's what it does. People forget what happened to Trace McSorley, and how that impacted results.

I guess the plan would be to use Beau as the QB. Throw it up for a jump ball or run it. I'm excited.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Sure. Show us Gesicki and Godwin on this team. And for that matter, show us the two quarterbacks we would need to keep fresh when that system destroys one of them physically, because that's what it does. People forget what happened to Trace McSorley, and how that impacted results.

I guess the plan would be to use Beau as the QB. Throw it up for a jump ball or run it. I'm excited.
Forget about Morehead.

Godwin could get separation. Gesicki could go up and get 50/50 balls in traffic.

Didn't Moorhead just take the Akron HC job last year???

Don't see someone leaving an FBS HC'ing job for an OC job.... Leave for a better HC'ing job, yes.... but leaving a FBS HC'ing job for an OC role? Don't think so.
he making $650k or so at akron...yurcich was somewhere in the $1.5-1.7million or so range

Tyler Warren played like Gesicki yesterday. he Could have done a much better job blocking

Gesicki was a rare talent in that regard. Kid couldn’t block to save his life and if you recall he had trouble catching the football consistently prior to JM’s arrival. JM isn’t God but he maximized his talent pool to the best of its ability. All of the quality WR recruiting wins we had post JM was a result of his offensive philosophy. Ricky Rahne and MY were beneficiaries of the JM offensive philosophy. However, neither RR or MY could get the best out of their talent like JM could. We couldn’t run the ball effectively under JM because our OL wasn’t very good. So, he did what was logical and covered that bullet hole with the bandaid of a mobile QB. He found ways to get the ball in Barkley hands any way he could. Again, see where he utilized his talent pool to the best of its ability to overcome obstacles.

Except PSU hasn’t run an RPO offense this year.
What would you call it? Honest question. It looks like the same slow developing Franklin RPO to me even though Drew may not have passed out of it this year. Allar is still making the run-pass read before the snap since he's calling multiple plays in the huddle. He is still making the read whether to keep the ball at handoff. Drew is a big boy and will eventually have to make big boy reads, but we are giving him every responsibility imaginable pre- and post-snap plus making him police all the shifting and motioning. Can we just call a run play or pass play and in rare occurrences check out of it? Drew is obviously overwhelmed, the RB is starting from a standstill at handoff just like the RPO, the defense is getting an extra split second of time just like the RPO, and nobody has to worry about Allar running because he'll never break a long one.

What would you call it? Honest question. It looks like the same slow developing Franklin RPO to me even though Drew may not have passed out of it this year. Allar is still making the run-pass read before the snap since he's calling multiple plays in the huddle. He is still making the read whether to keep the ball at handoff. Drew is a big boy and will eventually have to make big boy reads, but we are giving him every responsibility imaginable pre- and post-snap plus making him police all the shifting and motioning. Can we just call a run play or pass play and in rare occurrences check out of it? Drew is obviously overwhelmed, the RB is starting from a standstill at handoff just like the RPO, the defense is getting an extra split second of time just like the RPO, and nobody has to worry about Allar running because he'll never break a long one.

Zone Read. That's what you are describing is called.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Allar is a 19yr old with potential. Does not make him a good qb at all. He does not have the IT factor for sure and rarely makes anything happen off script . He take too long to process the game - accuracy is iffy and he is slow as hell. That is your scouting report Mr and Mrs allar. I hope he enjoys his Tesla. Moment is too big for this 19 yr old who has not and may not ever arrive.

Allar is a 19yr old with potential. Does not make him a good qb at all. He does not have the IT factor for sure and rarely makes anything happen off script . He take too long to process the game - accuracy is iffy and he is slow as hell. That is your scouting report Mr and Mrs allar. I hope he enjoys his Tesla. Moment is too big for this 19 yr old who has not and may not ever arrive.
A lot of Auburn fans said the same thing about Bo Nix. When it clicks, it clicks. We just never know when that moment is.

Moron

Moorehead had a lot of talent when he was around, but don’t forget how many times they needed 1-2 yards and couldn’t get it.

No way do I believe they're looking to bring Moorhead back. That would be a really dumb move.

Also, sorry, but Moorhead wasn't exactly a huge success at Mississippi State.

Reactions: 81b&w
Thanks. Zone read but still with a pre-snap RPO, so it has no advantages on the old RPO but with all the responsibilities.

I've not seen any of our plays resemble the RPO with Allar this year. I can't think of a single time he put the ball into the RBs pouch then pulled it to throw. Honestly, I can't remember a single time Allar pulled and kept the ball on read either, but I believe it's bound to have occurred once or twice.

Are you talking about Allar audibling or Yurcich signaling in a new play pre snap? Because we have run ZERO RPO this season and I'm not sure what you are calling the RPO (except for that we seemingly call pass plays then audible into a run, or vice versa; which isn't the RPO).

Lot a disinformation in this thread. the offense Joe Moorhead would run if he came back and Allar stayed would look a lot like what he ran at UConn when they went to the Fiesta Bowl, what his disciple Joe Brady ran at Louisiana State or what he ran at Oregon before heading to Akron.

The only reason the RPO was in the playbook is because that is the only thing Trace McSorley could actually do at a high level. Joe Moorhead is exactly the coordinator we need because he is one of a few that are not tied to a specific offensive philosophy. It didn't work out for him as a head coach but his is the top offensive mind in the college game right now.

I've not seen any of our plays resemble the RPO with Allar this year. I can't think of a single time he put the ball into the RBs pouch then pulled it to throw. Honestly, I can't remember a single time Allar pulled and kept the ball on read either, but I believe it's bound to have occurred once or twice.

Are you talking about Allar audibling or Yurcich signaling in a new play pre snap? Because we have run ZERO RPO this season and I'm not sure what you are calling the RPO (except for that we seemingly call pass plays then audible into a run, or vice versa; which isn't the RPO).
Allar has pulled the ball a handful of times but it might be less than once a game. I don't remember him pulling it to throw, but he still has to make the run-pass read. Franklin has said that they often call both run and pass plays in the huddle and Allar has to check to one before the snap. Drew also usually checks with the sidelines but I don't know how that ties in. I couldn't think of the term "read option" for some reason so I called it RPO because it has a lot of the same negatives and even though Drew rarely pulls the ball to run there still seems to be some imaginary mesh with the hesitation and bad timing.

Why is he a moron? He's correct: Allar plays poorly in bigger games, can't pull the trigger on long throws, is not accurate, and so far cannot handle the moment. Maybe next year, maybe not.
here's my problem...I don't know what instructions yurcich has received from the head coach, and don't know what instruction allar has gotten from yurcich. The mantra offensively this year has been don't make mistakes...has that filtered into allars brain when it comes to his passes - don't take chances. There's a reason why he only has one interception this year...little risk on his throws.

Personally, I'm going to wait a little longer to see how allar responds to potentially new direction and a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT