ADVERTISEMENT

Saved 120 dollars with a few clicks

Fauci, Fauci, Fauci...... god damn do they hammer it home to you guys. Talk to your own Doctors, that is allowed. Your own infatuation with Fauci is media driven which is funny....you people harp on how corrupt the press is but you never seem to question your own sources and BS you post. Talk to your own Doctors....oh wait, they are in on it too. I swear to God if Foxnews/Right wing social media started telling you guys God was really evil you would flip on him too and it wouldn't take much. Masks were all the rage and talking points for you guys the last few days....they must have really hammered this down throats recently with the new CDC recommendations. You poor, poor victims of this tyranny. Heros for the truth, patriots. Go fight your imaginary battle with Fauci, holy sh!t did they wear you guys down to nothing.

The only people you can somehow trust is right wing media.....odd how they are never wrong about anything. The war on Christmas, the war on masks, the war on freedom, the war on religion, war on guns......it never occurs to you dults that they are spinning you up nightly. Not once, you just keep eating right up. Somehow putting on a mask doesn't bother me enough, but it's just so super hard for you guys. Oh wait, it's about your freedom, I forgot....my bad.

Ah yes. Another rant about how you are too intelligent to fall into media lies, but everyone else is stupid and does.

This is probably the 8th time you have done this in just this thread.

LdN

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Since this thread is about Rogan and some of the BS his guests put out. Joe's show is great, but he could have been more careful. I tend to like it more when the comedians are on there, but the UFO guys and conspiracy freaks are a bit fun to watch to. I listened to it more pre-Spotify and this wouldn't deter me from listening either. He's an entertainer and not a Doctor....so I'm not tuning in for any life tips other than grilling Elk maybe.

When someone says... "It's essentially" and then follows with a statement, generally they are not saying it is that thing they are saying its analagous to that thing.

Rogan's statement was

"This is not a vaccine, this is essentially a gene therapy."

his comment is that this is not a vaccine in the Louis Pasteur sense. It is more like gene therapy. But he did not say it IS gene therapy.

Subtely is lost on the angry left here.

The 'fact check' failed on the first section unfortunately.

The rest of that garbage article was pathetic. If this is what the clowns are upset about I am shockingly amazed they are this stupid.

LdN

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Fauci, Fauci, Fauci...... god damn do they hammer it home to you guys. Talk to your own Doctors, that is allowed. Your own infatuation with Fauci is media driven which is funny....you people harp on how corrupt the press is but you never seem to question your own sources and BS you post. Talk to your own Doctors....oh wait, they are in on it too. I swear to God if Foxnews/Right wing social media started telling you guys God was really evil you would flip on him too and it wouldn't take much. Masks were all the rage and talking points for you guys the last few days....they must have really hammered this down throats recently with the new CDC recommendations. You poor, poor victims of this tyranny. Heros for the truth, patriots. Go fight your imaginary battle with Fauci, holy sh!t did they wear you guys down to nothing.

The only people you can somehow trust is right wing media.....odd how they are never wrong about anything. The war on Christmas, the war on masks, the war on freedom, the war on religion, war on guns......it never occurs to you dults that they are spinning you up nightly. Not once, you just keep eating right up. Somehow putting on a mask doesn't bother me enough, but it's just so super hard for you guys. Oh wait, it's about your freedom, I forgot....my bad.
This is exactly the response I was expecting..... another rambling incoherent mess that completely avoids the points I made earlier. And, like I expected, he threw in the "victims of tyranny" crap and that wearing a mask is easy for him but must be hard for us..... completely missing the point.

Oh well, I tried. LaJolla is not interested in a serious discussion.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
This is exactly the response I was expecting..... another rambling incoherent mess that completely avoids the points I made earlier. And, like I expected, he threw in the "victims of tyranny" crap and that wearing a mask is easy for him but must be hard for us..... completely missing the point.

Oh well, I tried. LaJolla is not interested in a serious discussion.
It’s not that he isn’t interested.....for him it isn’t possible.

So you're saying it's okay to lie to people based on availability?
Yeah, N95’s weren’t available so let’s tell people cloth masks work. That way they will think they are safe and go about their normal lives only wearing a nearly useless mask. Let’s ignore doing so will spread the virus much faster, including hitting the more vulnerable.

Oh dear, you’re such a victim in this. Sorry the guidance changes as they discover new things. How dare they evolve their stances as they continue to learn. What was so hard about wearing the mask? Do they help at all or not? I’m not one crying about masks, just saying.
Lojolla, you have left the scope of this conversation. Go back and look at our conversation and your comment about how the efficacy of masks could change. The only thing that can change is the 'experts' admitting they were wrong and changing the guidance.

Then you take the fact that the original guidance defied logic and stupid knuckle draggers like me said so. When the 'experts' change the guidance to match what the knuckle draggers were saying from the start, why does no one ever hold the 'experts' accountable for continuously missing the mark or even remotely think that if the guidance has changed 3 times already, maybe the current guidance is not infallible and maybe we should not mandate things we don't know are accurate?
I know, I'm so stupid..it's all because I don't want to wear a mask and not because I'm an intelligent human who wants the best outcomes for everyone, and is capable of analyzing information and pointing out things that are illogical and contrary to data and evidence. I hate me.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Lojolla, you have left the scope of this conversation. Go back and look at our conversation and your comment about how the efficacy of masks could change. The only thing that can change is the 'experts' admitting they were wrong and changing the guidance.

Then you take the fact that the original guidance defied logic and stupid knuckle draggers like me said so. When the 'experts' change the guidance to match what the knuckle draggers were saying from the start, why does no one ever hold the 'experts' accountable for continuously missing the mark or even remotely think that if the guidance has changed 3 times already, maybe the current guidance is not infallible and maybe we should not mandate things we don't know are accurate?
I know, I'm so stupid..it's all because I don't want to wear a mask and not because I'm an intelligent human who wants the best outcomes for everyone, and is capable of analyzing information and pointing out things that are illogical and contrary to data and evidence. I hate me.

He is simply deflecting. It’s ridiculous that he won’t address the issue which is only whether Omicron can change mask effectiveness.

Yeah, N95’s weren’t available so let’s tell people cloth masks work. That way they will think they are safe and go about their normal lives only wearing a nearly useless mask. Let’s ignore doing so will spread the virus much faster, including hitting the more vulnerable.

My favorite part is that the cult of Fauci just ignores it.
He literally got on camera and said, do not go and buy masks. There is no reason for healthy people to wear masks. Stay home for 2 weeks to flatten the curve. (2 weeks never made sense BTW, given that were told the virus had a 14-day incubation period.)
Then a few weeks later, he got back and TV and said, "just kidding." I lied to you because we wanted HC workers to have masks. "Hope you didn't die up in those nursing homes. For the greater good!"

So the cultists went around wearing cloth masks, feeling safe, scolding everyone who suggested that it didn't make sense for a loose fitting piece of cotton, or surgical mask that is not designed to stop aerosols, to be effective in the end at preventing viral spread.

Then the high priest of the CDC came out and said "Two masks." So the cultists strapped 2 masks and shoved coffee filters inside them, and again, went around feeling safe, lecturing everyone, and somehow oblivious to the fact that they were apparently running around unprotected with 1 mask for the better part of a year.

Then, the good shaman of the CDC says...mmmm, no, cloth masks do nothing, so the true believers, go buy KN95 masks made by the good people of the PRC and they lecture about science, while ignoring that there were scientific people all along saying that it seemed wholly unscientific to assume that a T-shirt over your face would stop a virus. And again, they never consider that for 18 months, they were following guidance that was wrong, didn't get sick, but now we MUST follow the new guidance, because now, on the 4th try, the experts MUST be right, and anyone that points out that properly fitting an N/KN95 mask requires training and that there are health cautions about wearing one for extended period, well, you know what happens....the cult rolls on...the high priest enjoys his time on CNN, preaching to the kool-aid drinkers. Reality, history, logic...none of it matters when you are a true believer.

All that aside, here is my favorite part. Notice that none of the pols/bureaucrats/believers ever discuss what the goal of these policies is. There will never be ZERO COVID. It's an impossibility. The more you live like this, well, the longer you will be living like this. Viruses mutate. It's why we need a different flu vaccine every year. We are now taking a vaccine targeted at the original A strain of COVID for a virus that has mutated. With every variant, the vaccine becomes more and more mismatched. It's why people who are double vaxxed, boosted, and/or have recovered from covid are getting Omicron as much as the non-vaxxed.

We will be living this way until we change the focus from vaccination to therapeutics and early treatment(before hospitalization). Everyone will eventually get COVID. Stop thinking otherwise.

My favorite part is that the cult of Fauci just ignores it.
He literally got on camera and said, do not go and buy masks. There is no reason for healthy people to wear masks. Stay home for 2 weeks to flatten the curve. (2 weeks never made sense BTW, given that were told the virus had a 14-day incubation period.)
Then a few weeks later, he got back and TV and said, "just kidding." I lied to you because we wanted HC workers to have masks. "Hope you didn't die up in those nursing homes. For the greater good!"

So the cultists went around wearing cloth masks, feeling safe, scolding everyone who suggested that it didn't make sense for a loose fitting piece of cotton, or surgical mask that is not designed to stop aerosols, to be effective in the end at preventing viral spread.

Then the high priest of the CDC came out and said "Two masks." So the cultists strapped 2 masks and shoved coffee filters inside them, and again, went around feeling safe, lecturing everyone, and somehow oblivious to the fact that they were apparently running around unprotected with 1 mask for the better part of a year.

Then, the good shaman of the CDC says...mmmm, no, cloth masks do nothing, so the true believers, go buy KN95 masks made by the good people of the PRC and they lecture about science, while ignoring that there were scientific people all along saying that it seemed wholly unscientific to assume that a T-shirt over your face would stop a virus. And again, they never consider that for 18 months, they were following guidance that was wrong, didn't get sick, but now we MUST follow the new guidance, because now, on the 4th try, the experts MUST be right, and anyone that points out that properly fitting an N/KN95 mask requires training and that there are health cautions about wearing one for extended period, well, you know what happens....the cult rolls on...the high priest enjoys his time on CNN, preaching to the kool-aid drinkers. Reality, history, logic...none of it matters when you are a true believer.

All that aside, here is my favorite part. Notice that none of the pols/bureaucrats/believers ever discuss what the goal of these policies is. There will never be ZERO COVID. It's an impossibility. The more you live like this, well, the longer you will be living like this. Viruses mutate. It's why we need a different flu vaccine every year. We are now taking a vaccine targeted at the original A strain of COVID for a virus that has mutated. With every variant, the vaccine becomes more and more mismatched. It's why people who are double vaxxed, boosted, and/or have recovered from covid are getting Omicron as much as the non-vaxxed.

We will be living this way until we change the focus from vaccination to therapeutics and early treatment(before hospitalization). Everyone will eventually get COVID. Stop thinking otherwise.
That was pretty good. But you left out the fact that the ones that were right all along are still just a bunch of knuckle draggin, mouth breathin, anti-science, red neck, Trumpers.

Love is never having to say you’re sorry, liberalism is never having to admit you were wrong.

images

You are the proud recipient of the largest beating yet delivered on this board.
LOL, you babies crying about masks is hysterical. I'll have mine on for my flight in 2 days...won't think twice about it. Maybe some mouth breather will get kicked off because they cannot wear one and will cry about it. You guys try so hard to be victims. When the masks go away, you'll find some new cause to cry about. Old white men trying to be discriminated against....you go patriots!!!!! Your fake outrage is cute and all, but I don't give 2 f--ks what you people think. Even more so when you think you're all experts on vaccines, masks, medications......you need should high boots to walk around this place. So much BS is slung it's not even funny, but your echo chambers are fun to make fun of. I think I'll take up a notch too....morons.

LOL, you babies crying about masks is hysterical. I'll have mine on for my flight in 2 days...won't think twice about it. Maybe some mouth breather will get kicked off because they cannot wear one and will cry about it. You guys try so hard to be victims. When the masks go away, you'll find some new cause to cry about. Old white men trying to be discriminated against....you go patriots!!!!! Your fake outrage is cute and all, but I don't give 2 f--ks what you people think. Even more so when you think you're all experts on vaccines, masks, medications......you need should high boots to walk around this place. So much BS is slung it's not even funny, but your echo chambers are fun to make fun of. I think I'll take up a notch too....morons.
Feel better now? Need some windmills to slay?

Reminder.

There is no mechanism by which omicron would change masking recommendations. Particle diameter distribution is identical.

No idea what else you might type, people are going to just ignore you pretty soon.

That was pretty good. But you left out the fact that the ones that were right all along are still just a bunch of knuckle draggin, mouth breathin, anti-science, red neck, Trumpers.

Love is never having to say you’re sorry, liberalism is never having to admit you were wrong.
HAHA. I mentioned my knuckle draggin in a previous response to the good Mr Lajolla. And for the record, liberalism is never wrong. When it fails, it just means you didn't "liberal" the problem hard enough and it just requires more money to fix it.

If you think pointing out that your trusted experts, now say masks are worthless is "crying about masks," then you are a special kind of stupid.
If you think pointing out that your trusted experts are now saying what us "science deniers" have been saying is obvious for 2 years, is "crying about masks," then you are are special kind of stupid.
If you think pointing out that universal masking, including for kids who have a statistical ZERO risk from COVID, has negative consequences, is "crying about masks," then you are a special kind of stupid.
We understand why you only name call and post memes - because actually trying to respond, would prove to everyone, that.....well, you know.

As you know, I've often fought the mask mandators with the following retort: Wear your N95 mask, which protects you, and don't worry about what I wear.

As such, I've had to check Amazon to refute the defense mechanism from my opponents, "They aren't available".

Of course, they are, and always have been available during the pandemic. I would normally just copy the Amazon link, and there were no further replies.....well except for "you're a jerk".
In the past, they were not. It specifically asked if you were a healthcare professional. If not, they were on back order.

I ordered them several times since then. Because of demand, and price, there is also the real concern of getting a counterfeit N95. Even through Amazon.

Edit: For months (I believe it is still the case) they did not exist at Home Depots, etc. You were told that they were being sent to wait for it... Healthcare professionals. The shortage was and is real.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaconNitt
If you think pointing out that your trusted experts, now say masks are worthless is "crying about masks," then you are a special kind of stupid.
If you think pointing out that your trusted experts are now saying what us "science deniers" have been saying is obvious for 2 years, is "crying about masks," then you are are special kind of stupid.
If you think pointing out that universal masking, including for kids who have a statistical ZERO risk from COVID, has negative consequences, is "crying about masks," then you are a special kind of stupid.
We understand why you only name call and post memes - because actually trying to respond, would prove to everyone, that.....well, you know.

According to LaJolla, If you are white and old you should have no opinion on anything.

He must hate himself.

LdN

In the past, they were not. It specifically asked if you were a healthcare professional. If not, they were on back order.

I ordered them several times since then. Because of demand, and price, there is also the real concern of getting a counterfeit N95. Even through Amazon.
They were available in the past. I know I specifically linked to it over a year ago.

And they’re available now.

Let's talk about this in 2023 and we have some more scientific facts, and actual historical facts. I have a feeling a lot of us will either have to stop giving opinions.....or apologize.

Waltman,

Appreciate the thoughts and post, sorry for your loss, but 96% of the MD's in this country are vaccinated. RN's are about 90% now. It sucks that people are dying during this pandemic, but try getting someone from the ICU on the frontlines who has to deal with the spikes where these rooms get full due mostly to unvaccinated people. Tell that to those people who have to work in the ICU 10-15 days in a row as co-workers tested positive and they are the only healthy ones left there to help these sick people. Again, it sucks you had to suffer this loss, but it's not really up for debate as to whom is filling up the ICU's and hospitals when it comes to unvaccinated versus vaccinated. Are there outliers...certainly there are, but some of us knew this was a pandemic and tried to look out for others. Other people simply wanted to downplay it or obstruct what the real medical community was saying. So I don't really feel for them as they want to play facebook doctor and then run to the hospital afterwards.
LaJolla, I appreciate your response. As I have been reading this thread, I am disgusted over the name calling and attitudes. And I've read some good, thought provoking stuff from people on both sides. My point is that I just want honesty. ie. If some "expert" comes out calling for a particular type of mask, and then facts show they were wrong, why can't they just admit it? Because their ego won't let them. Heck, we can't even admit we're wrong when it comes to sports!!!! How are we ever going to admit we're wrong about something much more important??? I want someone to tell me if there have been any "awful" side effects with this vaccine? Our VP said she wouldn't trust any vaccine developed under the prior administration. Then, after elections, she got the vaccine! Kind of 2-faced to me. So it's turned to politics and we all know what happens when politics is brought in!!! We have confused the masses, then wonder why people are so "stupid!!!!????" So I do my best not to be drawn to arguments, but have no problem with discussion. 😉

fair points, really. But as soon as you say YOU are the expert and suppress other opinions you've become a tyrant. The basis of the USA is based on Freedom.

We've seen the CDC and NIH be catastrophically wrong and have done major damage. I don't believe they did this on purpose. However, careers and reputations are on the line. They've been horrible about adjusting their messaging even after it was clear their original guidance was wrong (cloth masks, moving from 6 to 3 feet distancing, length of time the vax works, outdoor distancing, the accuracy of tests, natural immunity vs vax and time needed to quarantine off the top of my head).

If we are to maintain freedom, we need unvarnished truths and accountability. That is the basis of Franklin's quote "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.".
When you have a platform… you need to be held to a higher standard in my opinion. He’s entitled to an opinion and to express it. Expressing alternative facts(lies) is different than expressing an opinion.

Reactions: Obliviax
LaJolla, I appreciate your response. As I have been reading this thread, I am disgusted over the name calling and attitudes. And I've read some good, thought provoking stuff from people on both sides. My point is that I just want honesty. ie. If some "expert" comes out calling for a particular type of mask, and then facts show they were wrong, why can't they just admit it? Because their ego won't let them. Heck, we can't even admit we're wrong when it comes to sports!!!! How are we ever going to admit we're wrong about something much more important??? I want someone to tell me if there have been any "awful" side effects with this vaccine? Our VP said she wouldn't trust any vaccine developed under the prior administration. Then, after elections, she got the vaccine! Kind of 2-faced to me. So it's turned to politics and we all know what happens when politics is brought in!!! We have confused the masses, then wonder why people are so "stupid!!!!????" So I do my best not to be drawn to arguments, but have no problem with discussion. 😉
If you want honesty, then you should call on LaJolla to either explain why masking requirements/effectiveness would be different with Omicron, OR to admit that he can't see how they would be either.

Really. That's how you get scientific honesty.

By giving people a "way out", you get no change.

When you have a platform… you need to be held to a higher standard in my opinion. He’s entitled to an opinion and to express it. Expressing alternative facts(lies) is different than expressing an opinion.
We've seen a lot of those "alternative facts (lies)" turn out to be correct.

If you want honesty, then you should call on LaJolla to either explain why masking requirements/effectiveness would be different with Omicron, OR to admit that he can't see how they would be either.

Really. That's how you get scientific honesty.

By giving people a "way out", you get no change.
Engineer, I agree. That's what I was "getting at" when I mentioned people who won't just come out and say "I was wrong!" So called experts won't do that, so how are we going to expect the common Joe to do so. Opinions are formed and we aren't changing it, come hell or high water. In all honesty, I could be wrong about a lot of things, (I doubt it....😉🙄🤣) but when it's clear I was wrong, I am going to say, like the Fonz, I was wrrrrroooo, I was wrrron, I was mistaken!!!!!!!!! 😙

Engineer, I agree. That's what I was "getting at" when I mentioned people who won't just come out and say "I was wrong!" So called experts won't do that, so how are we going to expect the common Joe to do so. Opinions are formed and we aren't changing it, come hell or high water. In all honesty, I could be wrong about a lot of things, (I doubt it....😉🙄🤣) but when it's clear I was wrong, I am going to say, like the Fonz, I was wrrrrroooo, I was wrrron, I was mistaken!!!!!!!!! 😙

The Fonz.

Only in that time period could Henry Winkler play a tough guy.

But he pulled it off.

Reactions: Waltwam
There are many reasons not to get vaccinated. I am immunosuppressed. A live attenuated vaccine poses a significant risk to my life. Many people would have religious issues or issues regarding animal testing. Some vaccines are more dangerous than the vaccine. Certain viruses are comparatively less risky, depending on the population (the case with COVID 19 and children). In fact, that risk is less than your activities.
COVID vaccines are not live attenuated vaccines. people who are immunosuppressed may not respond as well, but because they are at even higher risk for infection, should receive the vaccine.

Granted but far from a majority. Most alternative facts have turned out to be anything but facts.

Granted but far from a majority. Most alternative facts have turned out to be anything but facts.
So you agree, no one should be allowed to speak on the topic if they tried to imply that masking policy could change because of Omicron.

I mean, these people have huge platforms and are either unable to understand the physics behind the issue, or are indifferent to the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT