ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders

PennStateTurf2002

Aug 28, 2010
So much negativity. I will try to say something positive. Even if only 2 carries to start the game. He was ready and I was really impressed with his 2 runs. I always knew he was a burner but the kid is powerful too. I think this kid is gonna be a monster next year when he is the man.

Maybe next year it’ll be this “fast offense” I keep hearing about.

So that’ll be 1 1000 2 1000 then read instead of our current 1 1000 2 1000 3 1000 then read.

Sanders actually received a carry on a jet sweep.

Last week Barkley had 2 good runs to the outside, one he broke 36 yards. This was out of the gates starting second half. Not to be seen again the rest of the game

Reactions: psu2016
And what do they have to lose by running some 2 QB plays? They ran it on only 1 play today. Early in the year they ran it pretty successfully, IIRC.
Having two QBs on the field is a gimmick that makes the defense have to prepare for it and may catch someone off guard. The reality is that neither the first or second string quarterbacks would ever see the field as a RB or WR. They run well for a QB, but I’ll take the ball in the hands of 26, 88, 5, 84, 24, etc. over that of Stevens.

The best way to combat teams focusing on Barkley is to give meaningful playing time to Sanders and other backs. Hell, I'd be fine with Barkley in Gesicki's spot and Sanders in the back field.

Speaking of TS in backfield with Trace and Barkley...I would much rather see Sanders back there in that spot.

I am just completely shocked that Penn State never put Barkley and Sanders in the same backfield this season. The possibilities that would bring and the confusion for the defense.

Should have redshirted Sanders this year; Robinson and Allen could have easily handled his few carries. Two years gone with little to show for it

Reactions: johnmpsu
Ok. So defences are keying on Barkley. Put him in motion. Run jet sweeps. Line him up in the slot. Just stop putting him next to Mcsorely every play. Yes, he can block but get him more than 2 feet away from the ball every play.
There won't be 8 in the box every play if we move Barkley around more than we are currently doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT