ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders to NFL?

I don’t see a football player majoring in Finance graduate in three years. Poz majored in Finance and didn’t graduate in three years. And he was pretty smart.

Back then that wasn't the expectation. They weren't taking classes trying to graduate in three. Franklin stresses that and there's a reason for it. He wants the open scholarships as well as seeing kids graduate.

Parks and Rec, Criminal
Justice communication, -these are the primary majors for football players right?

You are right-they should be able to finish these degrees in 3 years. Sweet jeebus they should be able to finish them in three weeks.

1)
It’s NOT what CJF said

2)
If he did - it would have been “2020-level” stoopid

3)
The “target” is 3 1/2 years

4)
Sanders hasn’t even been at PSU a full three years yet

5)

With every day, every post, you descend into a deeper and deeper pit of pitiful :) stoopid.

1. The goal is for them to be gone after their third year of eligibility. 3 years not 3.5,
2. Very possible with 3 summers and 5 semesters. Do the math.

Back then that wasn't the expectation. They weren't taking classes trying to graduate in three. Franklin stresses that and there's a reason for it. He wants the open scholarships as well as seeing kids graduate.
I guess you really do think these bowl games are meaningless since you're not watching Ohio State.

Reactions: mn78psu83
1. The goal is for them to be gone after their third year of eligibility. 3 years not 3.5,

Summer 2016: 6 credits
Fall 2016: 15 credits
Spring 2017: 15 credits
Summer 2017: 12 credits
Fall 2017: 15 credits
Spring 2018: 15 credits
Summer 2018: 12 credits
Fall 2018: 15 credits

105 credits. Close but no cigar

You’re a ****tard of the highest order.

Ciao
Still need that hug I see...

giphy.gif

Summer 2016: 6 credits
Fall 2016: 15 credits
Spring 2017: 15 credits
Summer 2017: 12 credits
Fall 2017: 15 credits
Spring 2018: 15 credits
Summer 2018: 12 credits
Fall 2018: 15 credits

105 credits. Close but no cigar

Why are you saying 12 for summer?

See-now you have hit on what is MY biggest issue with Franklin-he may be too much of a numbers guy. He is focused on the numbers for the numbers themselves.

I won’t say every kid under Joe was a rocket scientist but I never got the impression he was just trying to make numbers for the sake of making numbers. I also won’t say CJF doesn’t care about the kids

The graduation rate under Joe was because the systems in place. Under CJF it almost seems like a quota to meet.

What major do these kids select to be able to play football at this level and graduate in three years? Not every kid has to major in Chemical Engineering or Quantum Physics but are they really selecting degrees that will allow them to be successful after they are done playing?

Good for you. The exalted Duke basketball team has a 3 year degree in a major I can not remember.

I got that the money is what it is about, but seems to me leaving too early much worse than too late, even given the nfl scouts tell the player he is a whatever round draft choice. Would be shocked if coaches did not keep track of what the expected rd was and when the actual choice was. How accurate are these so-called scouts?

I like Miles, but based on this game, I thought Slade was the better runner. I'm not sure Miles, if he returns, will even be the starter next year. I could see PSU going to more of a rotation like Bama.

See-now you have hit on what is MY biggest issue with Franklin-he may be too much of a numbers guy. He is focused on the numbers for the numbers themselves.

I won’t say every kid under Joe was a rocket scientist but I never got the impression he was just trying to make numbers for the sake of making numbers. I also won’t say CJF doesn’t care about the kids

The graduation rate under Joe was because the systems in place. Under CJF it almost seems like a quota to meet.

Joe projected a great image, but the teams were still filled with Parks and Rec majors.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I like Miles, but based on this game, I thought Slade was the better runner. I'm not sure Miles, if he returns, will even be the starter next year. I could see PSU going to more of a rotation like Bama.
And who is the better pro prospect, Miles or Snell from UK?

I can see Miles as an NFL player, but he doesn't seem to have any really special skills that would translate to a long career.

And who is the better pro prospect, Miles or Snell from UK?

I can see Miles as an NFL player, but he doesn't seem to have any really special skills that would translate to a long career.
That's what they said about Frank Gore. ;)

Reactions: royboy
That's what they said about Frank Gore. ;)
Ha...yeah, what a remarkable career he's had.

Here were his measurables from the NFL combine as noted in his wiki profile:

5'9 3/8" tall
210 lbs
40-yd 4.58
vert jump 34"
bench press 17 reps
Wonderlic 6

So, it turned out the only special skill he had was running with the football ;)

best wishes on your decision, Miles

It was mentioned during the game that his decision was made and would announce after the game. Any word yet?
That’s not what I heard... after the game he said in an interview that he has thought about it and will discuss with his mom. I think CJF really pushes for these guys to focus on the game first and then decide whether you are entering the draft once the game is over.

I find that really hard to believe. I don't even know why non-athletes would stay for a summer to take 2 classes during both sessions.

Glad to hear you don't let the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about get in the way of you spewing your crap so resolutely

Reactions: mn78psu83
I just hope Franklin uses Bama/Georgia's system with backs next year. Play all three. Make sure they all get touches. Ride the hot hand.
A large problem with that this year is they couldn't run enough plays on offense with their pass O so inefficient

Miles says the only reason he'd return is to win a Natty. With Bama and Clemson still fielding teams, go pro young man.

IMO, he's gone. I like #24 a lot, but next man up won't be an issue at RB.

Sanders served this program well. He was a good college runner. Good luck to him going forward.

I thought Slade looked good today. Between two top 10 recruits one will be ready as a freshman. Add Brown and Holmes and RB is least of our concerns even if Sanders leaves

Whatever his decision I wish Miles Sanders the very best. It must have been tough to follow a RB like S. Barkley.

Used to be they nine credits was considered full time. When I was there most players were between 10-13 credits. Not 15.

Yep, same here. For me that was when PSU was on quarters. 9 was full time on quarters and 10/quarter, 3 quarters per year got you to 120 and graduation. Unfortunately I needed 144 in Engineering. But today PSU is on semesters, so an aggressive load would be 18 to get 36 per year for an Engineering degree in 8 semesters. So the plan laid out with 15 in some of the non Fall semesters is realistic....

Whatever his decision I wish Miles Sanders the very best. It must have been tough to follow a RB like S. Barkley.
One thing I love about both of them? They never abandoned their home schools for some private school’s hand picked roster. They played ball with their friends. They showed loyalty and character.

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT