ADVERTISEMENT

Saeed Blacknall

DrJC

May 29, 2001
I thought he would be next ARobinson! What the heck has happened? Why seemingly not target?

Reactions: BBrown
I thought he would be next ARobinson! What the heck has happened? Why seemingly not target?

Good question.
I didnt' think he got a lot of time in the Akron game but he did play a good bit on Sat. and honestly I didn't see much from him. Only time I saw him open was the play at the end of the first half.
I even thought some of his blocking looked half hearted, especially when compared to Thompkins, Hamilton, Johnson and Charles.

He played a significant number of plays in the Akron game, check the record. If people didn't notice last season, Chris Godwins receiving production disappeared several games last season. That is going to happen from time to time with the way this offense works. As for the half-hearted blocking.... I have not seen that....

Why do people keep posting this. As a JR he had 8 catches and 1 TD in the regular season. Less as a SO. He was a non-factor in all but 2 games last year, and he made 1 catch in those games. Did everyone expect him to have every game just like the Big championship game? PSU will continue to spread the ball around, and Blacknall will have his chances.

Why do people keep posting this. As a JR he had 8 catches and 1 TD in the regular season. Less as a SO. He was a non-factor in all but 2 games last year, and he made 1 catch in those games. Did everyone expect him to have every game just like the Big championship game? PSU will continue to spread the ball around, and Blacknall will have his chances.

There haven't been many passes to the WR's so far this season. Only 8 attempted yesterday. Haven't seen the snap counts for Saturday, but Blacknall played in half the snaps Week 1.

There haven't been many passes to the WR's so far this season. Only 8 attempted yesterday. Haven't seen the snap counts for Saturday, but Blacknall played in half the snaps Week 1.
WIDE RECEIVERS

DaeSean Hamilton — 43 of 52

Juwan Johnson — 41 of 52

DeAndre Thompkins — 34 of 52

Saeed Blacknall — 17 of 52

Brandon Polk — 10 of 52

Irvin Charles — 9 of 52

Analysis: Thompkins sat out a few drives that began immediately after he'd fielded and returned a Pitt punt. Blacknall was bitten by some bad luck in that Penn State's rotation allowed him to play only one possession which lasted longer than three plays. Polk made the most of his limited action with a third-quarter grab along the sideline where he stared into the sun and adjusted well to a slightly underthrown ball.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT