ADVERTISEMENT

Sade: Arguably the most underappreciated JAZZ ARTIST of my generation....

Psychedelic_MackDaddy

Jun 12, 2009
Some of you hear the word "jazz" and sigh, like it is something to loathe. But, Jazz is such a broad term. There are many flavors.

Here are a few songs on my personal collection of jazz. You will notice a certain "flavor" to my selection.

Now, back to Sade...She was a product of my generation (1980's). She wasn't appreciated back then the way she should have been (masked in the background b/c of Madonna and Michael Jackson). And, today, isn't played as much as she should be. She was (is) very talented.

She recently wrote a song for the movie "A wrinkle in time". I recently saw the movie. And, now, I've been playing a lot of Sade songs.

She has many popular songs: "The Sweetest Taboo"; "Your Love is King"; and, "Smooth Operator".

For those who don't like Jazz or never listened to Sade, give her a chance and you will fall in love. Unlike the Blues, where I prefer a Male singer, Jazz is much more enjoyable with a female singer. Sade, IMO, is the best.

Here are my personal favorites:

Sade has wonderful timbre and timing.

And jazz is a really big tent. But this is a really thin and much less exciting slice of jazz which makes me very unprepared to put her in the pantheon just yet.

Some of you hear the word "jazz" and sigh, like it is something to loathe. But, Jazz is such a broad term. There are many flavors.

Here are a few songs on my personal collection of jazz. You will notice a certain "flavor" to my selection.

Now, back to Sade...She was a product of my generation (1980's). She wasn't appreciated back then the way she should have been (masked in the background b/c of Madonna and Michael Jackson). And, today, isn't played as much as she should be. She was (is) very talented.

She recently wrote a song for the movie "A wrinkle in time". I recently saw the movie. And, now, I've been playing a lot of Sade songs.

She has many popular songs: "The Sweetest Taboo"; "Your Love is King"; and, "Smooth Operator".

For those who don't like Jazz or never listened to Sade, give her a chance and you will fall in love. Unlike the Blues, where I prefer a Male singer, Jazz is much more enjoyable with a female singer. Sade, IMO, is the best.

Trent Reznor is a huge fan of hers.

Saw Sade live twice. Once in small theatre in NY and another at larger venue in Wolf Trap in Northern VA. She’s an amazing performer live. Highly recommend taking the significant other. She’s the definition of a cool lady. Soothing voice and some strong pipes when needed. She’s an original in a generation where every other vocalist and song pretty much sounded the same.

Some of us see you have posted and sigh, like it is something to loathe, but I only detest it.:D

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
I can understand why you associate with Sade. She appears to be equally unstable.

Sade squatted in Wood Green, North London, in the 1980s, with her then-boyfriend English writer Robert Elms. In 1989, she married Spanish film director Carlos Pliego. Their marriage ended in 1995. Sade moved briefly to the Caribbean to live with Jamaican music producer Bob Morgan in the late-1990s, but they later separated. During her relationship with Morgan, Sade gave birth to Izaak, who was then known as Mickailia, on 21 July 1996. Sade has been in a relationship with former Royal Marine Ian Watts since 2007, and from this relationship she has a stepson, Jack. Morgan has nothing to do with their child and Izaak considers Ian as his father. In 2016 on National Coming Out Day, Izaak came out as transgender and is no longer known as Mickailia.

In 2005, Sade moved to the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, in the countryside where she bought a run-down, stone-built cottage near Stroud to renovate with her partner Ian Watts. Prior to the release of Soldier of Love in 2010, the Daily Mail described her as "famously reclusive".Sade rarely grants interviews.

I can understand why you associate with Sade. She appears to be equally unstable.

Sade squatted in Wood Green, North London, in the 1980s, with her then-boyfriend English writer Robert Elms. In 1989, she married Spanish film director Carlos Pliego. Their marriage ended in 1995. Sade moved briefly to the Caribbean to live with Jamaican music producer Bob Morgan in the late-1990s, but they later separated. During her relationship with Morgan, Sade gave birth to Izaak, who was then known as Mickailia, on 21 July 1996. Sade has been in a relationship with former Royal Marine Ian Watts since 2007, and from this relationship she has a stepson, Jack. Morgan has nothing to do with their child and Izaak considers Ian as his father. In 2016 on National Coming Out Day, Izaak came out as transgender and is no longer known as Mickailia.

In 2005, Sade moved to the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, in the countryside where she bought a run-down, stone-built cottage near Stroud to renovate with her partner Ian Watts. Prior to the release of Soldier of Love in 2010, the Daily Mail described her as "famously reclusive".Sade rarely grants interviews.

You're comparison would work, if I were unstable. Don't confuse 'play time" with reality.

Forced reps! I'm disciplining myself.

The Humanists are coming...The Humanists are coming...The Humanists are coming.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT