ADVERTISEMENT

{Sad} Penn State family loses one.

TheGLOV

Gold Member
PSU student Max McGlinchey passed away June 23 due to an extreme allergic reaction to peanut exposure while eating at a Chinese restaurant.

He had just recently finished up his freshmen year studying finance.

According to the story, Max ate June 22 at the Chinese restaurant that did not disclose that they used peanuts or peanut oil in cooking or preparation of its food.

I cannot link the story at this time. Perhaps someone else could please. The story can be found over at Onward State.

Please keep Max in your prayers PSU family.

Thank you.

Here ya go Glov... own a restaurant among other businesses. We have separate grills for seasood and red meat products and add the oils and ingredients in our infusions to all our menus. Some douchebags want less requirements to divulge product content. The company my wife and I own want more. Too many lazy franchise owners out there.

https://www.allergicliving.com/2018...-of-severe-allergic-reaction-to-chinese-food/

Here ya go Glov... own a restaurant among other businesses. We have separate grills for seasood and red meat products and add the oils and ingredients in our infusions to all our menus. Some douchebags want less requirements to divulge product content. The company my wife and I own want more. Too many lazy franchise owners out there.

https://www.allergicliving.com/2018...-of-severe-allergic-reaction-to-chinese-food/

Very sad indeed.

I worked with a guy once who, went over his girlfriends house for Thanksgiving dinner and her mom {knowing full well of his allergy to peanuts and peanut oil} made sure the food was all made peanut free.

Even the cookies were supposedly made, from the bakery, without peanut oil or peanuts. Supposedly.

And ambulance ended up rushing him to the hospital in order to SAVE HIS LIFE!!

Very sad indeed.

I worked with a guy once who, went over his girlfriends house for Thanksgiving dinner and her mom {knowing full well of his allergy to peanuts and peanut oil} made sure the food was all made peanut free.

Even the cookies were supposedly made, from the bakery, without peanut oil or peanuts. Supposedly.

And ambulance ended up rushing him to the hospital in order to SAVE HIS LIFE!!

Do you think the mother secretly didn't like the guy? ? ? ?

Thanks for posting. I've discussed a similar topic here with others recently. Wife and daughter have celiac. I find often (not always) that other people don't take it seriously unless they or somebody close are directly impacted by these afflictions. My daughter has told stories about other kids in school doing purposefully mean things to a friend with peanut allergies, etc. Wife has read countless articles with comment sections full of people calling them fakers, etc.

There was a story in the loacl news a few years ago in the Lehigh Valley, I think it was one of the Bethlehem schools, of a kid with an allergy to Axe Body spray. Kids would wear it out of spite. I hate to hear this stuff.

Reactions: TheGLOV
At privately owned restaurant, we specially prepare food for people with allergies, celiac disease, lactose intolerance, etc without hesitation. It is not a problem for us, yet somehow is is and has eluded the abilities of the corporatists and their franchise lackeys. Go figure. We give a shit about people, they have higher priorities.

I dont get this peanut allergy phenomenon. So many of my peers and younger grew up with peanuts as a part of their diet. People in the rest of the world have peanuts as part of their diet

What happened in the last 10 years where peanuts are the precursor to 21 St Century Bubonic Plague?

I dont get this peanut allergy phenomenon. So many of my peers and younger grew up with peanuts as a part of their diet. People in the rest of the world have peanuts as part of their diet

What happened in the last 10 years where peanuts are the precursor to 21 St Century Bubonic Plague?

Nothing. People in the past just died and it was recorded as unknown natural causes. You would think as a supremely dedicated scientist involved in the lifelong study of tits that you would know that, in the past when they were not seen, we knew less about their many shapes, form, adaptability and nuances. Seriously... the same applies to genetic incompatibility with food stuffs.....

Last edited:
At privately owned restaurant, we specially prepare food for people with allergies, celiac disease, lactose intolerance, etc without hesitation. It is not a problem for us, yet somehow is is and has eluded the abilities of the corporatists and their franchise lackeys. Go figure. We give a shit about people, they have higher priorities.

All the chains want to do is buy pre-portioned and pre-cooked shit from food service companies and drop it in a fryer or pot. Applebee’s, Perkins, TGIF, Olive Garden, etc. are all the same: Complete and total abominations.

A lot more restaurants have a gluten free menu these days. Granted some are pretty cop-out-ish but others do a good job.

A lot more restaurants have a gluten free menu these days. Granted some are pretty cop-out-ish but others do a good job.

Yah.. they go to great lengths to accommodate celiacs disease and lactose intolerance. Not... and all the little they have to do to accommodate 15% of the market is lift a finger. Just not the middle finger to people with real needs .... ya know customers.....Lactose intolerance.... by Vermont cheddar coop products.... no lactose. Cheese created with yogurt culture.... where is the marketplace.... bending the customers and doing them anally.

Much like a politico from OSU... ex wrestling coach. tragic

PSU student Max McGlinchey passed away June 23 due to an extreme allergic reaction to peanut exposure while eating at a Chinese restaurant.

He had just recently finished up his freshmen year studying finance.

According to the story, Max ate June 22 at the Chinese restaurant that did not disclose that they used peanuts or peanut oil in cooking or preparation of its food.

I cannot link the story at this time. Perhaps someone else could please. The story can be found over at Onward State.

Please keep Max in your prayers PSU family.

Thank you.

Sad story. Too young to go so soon.

scary....my 20 year old son has a good friend who frequently comes over to hang out at our house and is allergic to tree nuts....he's really good about watching what he eats etc but its really scary

rest in peace young man

It’s not just peanuts. It’s startling how many kids today have some kind of serious mental or physical health issue. You can’t help but wonder if all of the crap we put into the air and our bodies has had an impact.

Reactions: bytir
Sad. That article reads like a textbook case on what not to do if you have an allergy: don't disclose, don't carry the epipen, don't administer right away, don't treat the underlying asthma, don't properly research where you eat ahead of time.

Reactions: Art
The only time we have experienced problems at restaurants is when the staff mixes up the order. It's always a place where you can get a substitute pasta or tortilla, etc
There is an active internet community and they are not shy about letting people know where they can eat safely and where they cannot.
My wife goes to great lengths to have a plan on where we're eating before we go anywhere.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT