ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news.....it appears, based on information sent out on social media...

They seemed like they needed each other.......oh well......I am sure that they will find a great coach that will want to come into Rutgers..

Nardoozi?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../source-greg-schiano-rutgers-talks-break-deal

Rutgers' talks to hire Greg Schiano back as the team's football coach have broken down without a deal, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The source said the sides had agreed to an eight-year, $32 million contract, but it wasn't finalized after Rutgers refused to guarantee new facilities and other improvements that Schiano was demanding.

Sources had told ESPN earlier this month that Schiano wanted a new indoor facility, upgrades for other facilities and a dramatic increase in assistant coaches' salaries.”

Because of my sado masochistic tendencies I’ve followed this closely for the last month or so. For weeks at a time virtually all posts were all Greg all the time. The obsession was truly bizarre. Grown men insanely pining for the return of a career mediocrity. Others giddiness with joy at the certainty of future BIG championships with the return of savior Greg. They are by far the most delusional fan base on Earth. I guess 150 years of failure and embarrassment will do that.

They seemed like they needed each other.......oh well......I am sure that they will find a great coach that will want to come into Rutgers..

Nardoozi?
If truth be known the DUZZ is held in extremely high regard by scarlet knight fans. Not as high as Greg of course, but equal to Urban and Saban. The fact that once in his sad existence he beat PSU and Clemson elevated to mythical status. Now that Saint Greg is unavailable they would love to have the DUZZ.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../source-greg-schiano-rutgers-talks-break-deal

Rutgers' talks to hire Greg Schiano back as the team's football coach have broken down without a deal, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The source said the sides had agreed to an eight-year, $32 million contract, but it wasn't finalized after Rutgers refused to guarantee new facilities and other improvements that Schiano was demanding.

Sources had told ESPN earlier this month that Schiano wanted a new indoor facility, upgrades for other facilities and a dramatic increase in assistant coaches' salaries.”

I honestly believe that the Rutgers Board made the fiscally correct decision. They would be fools to agree to the terms given the fact that Rutgers does not have a true football tradition. That money would have been wasted, just like the money they pissed away on their new stadium

I will throw out names-whether any interest or feasibility-no idea:

Willie Taggart
Chad Morris
Clay Helton
Brett Bieliema
Bieliema is actually a good idea, but he may hold out for better as Rutgers is a last stop job for a guy like him. They probably need a youngish recruiting whiz who is desperate for a head coaching job. Maybe someone like Chris Partridge at Michigan? A jersey guy with serious in state recruiting chops may at least bring some energy to the program.

If truth be known the DUZZ is held in extremely high regard by scarlet knight fans. Not as high as Greg of course, but equal to Urban and Saban. The fact that once in his sad existence he beat PSU and Clemson elevated to mythical status. Now that Saint Greg is unavailable they would love to have the DUZZ.
LOL. It would be totally in character for Rutgers to hire Narduzzi.

Reactions: m48tank
I honestly believe that the Rutgers Board made the fiscally correct decision. They would be fools to agree to the terms given the fact that Rutgers does not have a true football tradition. That money would have been wasted, just like the money they pissed away on their new stadium
more and more schools are going to have to say "enough" because the current spending war isn't going to be sustainable- or justifiable

Reactions: canuckhal
rutgres is basically stealing b1g football money. They bring in a lot of money, refuse to spend any of it on football, and put a pile of shit on the field every year. They might as well take a check and not field a team.

I will throw out names-whether any interest or feasibility-no idea:

Willie Taggart
Chad Morris
Clay Helton
Brett Bieliema
On a somewhat serious note Heltons buyout is close to 20 mil. USC will not pay that unless they are sure they can get Urban.

rutgres is basically stealing b1g football money. They bring in a lot of money, refuse to spend any of it on football, and put a pile of shit on the field every year. They might as well take a check and not field a team.

Rutgers problem is that even with it's share (which is still not close to full) of Big Ten revenue, it still runs a whopping deficit.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Rutgers problem is that even with it's share (which is still not close to full) of Big Ten revenue, it still runs a whopping deficit.

Then they definitely shouldn’t field a team.

By the way, maybe barren could learn something from rutgres. Bringing in all that money and operating under a huge deficit sounds so right. barren would like that.

Art - is there anything in the conference bylaws that would allow Rutgers to drop out of the league?

There was a time that Temple was a perennial 2-9 team or worse but they have battled back to be a respectable program. I always thought that the right guy could turn a program around. Does Rutgers have *any* possibility of getting to respectable?

Then why even bother spending the money to get a guy like Schiano in the first place? If you aren't interested in putting out the money needed to build a better football program, just hire a cheap coordinator and hope you get lucky.

They should look to what Temple has done - they keep losing their guy's to better jobs but they keep finding pretty good low level replacements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT