ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Vulakh

The facts are pretty simple.
1. PSU has several highly rated dairy cattle (more than any other institution) yet only produces ice cream 40% better than Iowa. Iowa does more with less.

2. Iowa cares more about these cows while PSU simply uses them to bolster ice cream production.

3.The USDA crackdown is coming. Some places (not PSU specifically) are using CEDs (cream enhancing drugs).

4. PSU never cared about ice cream until one decade ago.

5. Next year Iowa will produce better ice cream as better cows are coming. Plus PSU lost at least two all time great cows.

6.Iowa produces the best "light" ice cream in the world!

signed- MSU,Iron whatever, and of course Vodka.
This is funny

If for some reason when in State College the creamery can not be done, Meyer's Dairy on south Atherton is a fantastic other choice for ice cream.
Get it right...it's "Meyer Dairy" :). Only mentioning, as my wife and I have fun with this all the time. Oh, and my youngest worked for ol' Joe for a couple years. Amazing fellow, still working, I believe.

Get it right...it's "Meyer Dairy" :). Only mentioning, as my wife and I have fun with this all the time. Oh, and my youngest worked for ol' Joe for a couple years. Amazing fellow, still working, I believe.
I believe he is still working, but last summer I was told the whole operation could be bought for the right price.
Never leave State College without Meyer Dairy bottled chocolate milk.

I believe he is still working, but last summer I was told the whole operation could be bought for the right price.

Where can I buy this elixir you speak of? Will be up SC Sunday for the year end banquet and to avoid doing my taxes for one more day.

If in Western Pa try to get your hands on Brunton's Dairy chocolate milk. It's like heaven in a bottle.

Where is a good place to get Meyer Dairy milk. A well made chocolate milk is hard to beat. Ritchey's Dairy used to be my favorite, but they quit making it with whole milk. It's not quite the same.

Where is a good place to get Meyer Dairy milk. A well made chocolate milk is hard to beat. Ritchey's Dairy used to be my favorite, but they quit making it with whole milk. It's not quite the same.
Pretty sure you have to get it at their store. The do deliver to local restaurants, I believe, so maybe there's a retail outpost here or there.

Webster's Bookstore downtown makes a mocha with Meyer chocolate milk--they call it a brown cow, and is worth a stop if you're close by and you like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAgeologist
At the store on south Atherton street is the only place I know. Traveling south it is on the right just past the little strip mall that used to be "Hills Plaza".

Reactions: PAgeologist
And thus this post, like the killing of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Gavrilo Princip triggered the Great War, has triggered the Great Transcontinental Ice Cream War of 2019
My wife is from Guatemala. Thinks wrestling is seriously stupid, and is clueless about Football (not that Football). But, the Creamery she loves. Not kidding, but when we visit State College from Los Angeles, the one hing we have to do is visit the Creamery.

At the store on south Atherton street is the only place I know. Traveling south it is on the right just past the little strip mall that used to be "Hills Plaza".
Still "Hill's Plaza", despite no Hills store. Similar to Elks Club Road, with the change of the old Elks Country Club to Mountain View Country Club.

Five or six local restaurants carry Meyer Dairy stuff, no retail stores to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Sometimes a thread is hijacked by Iceland. And sometimes a thread is hijacked by ice cream.
Either subject is OK. Did the Vulakh kid select PSU yet?
Maybe we can all get together with him at the creamery for a cone and then take him to Meyer Dairy for a chocolate milk chaser. While at the Dairy we can get a chilli dog and somebody can do an Iceland slide show. If anybody has the necessary pictures. Hockeygod, do you know anybody?

My wife is from Guatemala. Thinks wrestling is seriously stupid, and is clueless about Football (not that Football). But, the Creamery she loves. Not kidding, but when we visit State College from Los Angeles, the one hing we have to do is visit the Creamery.
You need to find another woman. But just for the heck of it, do you have any pics?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
The facts are pretty simple.
1. PSU has several highly rated dairy cattle (more than any other institution) yet only produces ice cream 40% better than Iowa. Iowa does more with less.

2. Iowa cares more about these cows while PSU simply uses them to bolster ice cream production.

3.The USDA crackdown is coming. Some places (not PSU specifically) are using CEDs (cream enhancing drugs).

4. PSU never cared about ice cream until one decade ago.

5. Next year Iowa will produce better ice cream as better cows are coming. Plus PSU lost at least two all time great cows.

6.Iowa produces the best "light" ice cream in the world!

signed- MSU,Iron whatever, and of course Vodka.
My God this is funny!

...a better drink than Meyer's chocolate milk is their double malt chocolate milkshake ...
...guaranteed to clog your arteries before you reach seven mountains - but what a way to go!... :)

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT