ADVERTISEMENT

RV Explosion in downtown Nashville this morning

These guys are real, one runs a high end security company . They find it troubling because it seems sophisticated for a disgruntled employee. They’re not speculating on who or why yet but they believe it goes beyond that and is some type of warning. It’s quite possible LE has more knowledge at this time and of course are keeping it quiet .

It's very possible. And I personally doubt it was a single disgruntled employee.

I have my own theories, but right now, they're worthless without anything real to go on.

Having dealt with these situations in the past, what looks obvious or clear very, very often is anything but. An attack may appear sophisticated and well-orchestrated when in fact one single dude without any training pulled it off. I've seen attacks conducted by serious professionals go bust and reek of amateur hour. And everything in between.

We'll just need to wait and see.

Two thoughts:
1) I think the significance of this being one of the two holiest days in Christendom should not be discounted. Islamic terror is all about symbolism.

2) Seems like a test run of some sort. Knocking out communication, cell service etc seems too much of a coincidence.

Two thoughts:
1) I think the significance of this being one of the two holiest days in Christendom should not be discounted. Islamic terror is all about symbolism.

2) Seems like a test run of some sort. Knocking out communication, cell service etc seems too much of a coincidence.

Not to say it never happens (because it does), but the jihadist types don't pay attention to dates of Western significance like Christmas the way we do.

And there's no way an ISIS fan boy would provide a countdown and warn people to leave the area before detonation.

I guess I should never say never. But I'd be mildly surprised if this were linked to somebody affiliated with or acting in the name of ISIS or al-Qaida.

I do tend to agree that a test run of sorts could be in play, here.

Last edited:
Militant Islamists rarely conduct attacks on dates significant to us. Not to say it never happens, but they don't pay attention to dates like Christmas the way we do.

And there's no way an ISIS fan boy would provide a countdown and warn people to leave the area before detonation.

I guess I should never say never. But I'd be stunned if this were linked to somebody affiliated with or acting in the name of ISIS or al-Qaida.

There’s a bomb in Centennial Park.

• Angry
Reactions: PSJimbo
Not to say it never happens (because it does), but the jihadist types don't pay attention to dates of Western significance like Christmas the way we do.

I guess I should never say never. But I'd be mildly surprised if this were linked to somebody affiliated with or acting in the name of ISIS or al-Qaida.

The only thing I’ve learned from this thread is that you’re in love with yourself and your opinions. :rolleyes:

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Apparently the first batch of individuals are being questioned by police. No suggestion that any are suspects.

Flights out of Nashville grounded because of the telecommunications outage, and 911 services still out up to 180 miles away. I wonder if the attackers themselves would have anticipated this kind of impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Apparently the first batch of individuals are being questioned by police. No suggestion that any are suspects.

Flights out of Nashville grounded because of the telecommunications outage, and 911 services still out up to 180 miles away. I wonder if the attackers themselves would have anticipated this kind of impact.
Should be a lot of evidence with an RV. There has to be a registration and video

Should be a lot of evidence with an RV. There has to be a registration and video

I hope they had the sense to steal or rent the RV. Why buy one if you're going to blow it up anyway?? OTOH, it may have been cheaper to buy if they blew it up before the first payment was made. It didn't look like a brand new or high end model anyway.

I hope they had the sense to steal or rent the RV. Why buy one if you're going to blow it up anyway?? OTOH, it may have been cheaper to buy if they blew it up before the first payment was made. It didn't look like a brand new or high end model anyway.
My guess would be stolen. Unless they want to get caught or committed suicide.

Almost everything you wrote is incorrect. As far back as the Yom Kippur War, one of the main tactics practiced by Islamic terrorists is to attack on holidays. They are times where more media coverage is present and generally more people are in the street.

There are tons of examples. Just off the top of my head I can remember Islamist attacks in various parts of the world on All Saints Day, Diwali, Palm Sunday., Easter, Christmas and Passover. Boko Haram attacks nearly every Christian holiday. Most of the Islamic Brotherhood massacres occurred in Egypt on Christian holidays.

The animals even pick Muslim holidays like Eid and Ramadan to attack their coreligionists who are not “devout enough” or a different sect.

It's very possible. And I personally doubt it was a single disgruntled employee.

I have my own theories, but right now, they're worthless without anything real to go on.

Having dealt with these situations in the past, what looks obvious or clear very, very often is anything but. An attack may appear sophisticated and well-orchestrated when in fact one single dude without any training pulled it off. I've seen attacks conducted by serious professionals go bust and reek of amateur hour. And everything in between.

We'll just need to wait and see.
Checked with my one friend and right now he has no inkling if it’s left wing, right, or Islamic yet. He’s been paid to figure this stuff out for a long time now btw.
He said that this area of Nashville is “liberal” and conservatives tend to not “sh!t where they eat “. But lately due to crazy internet speculation these various groups are getting ideas from clowns like use and our stupid theories.
Also false flags are extremely rare but there’s talk of them ramping up because guess what? They’re rare . We are helping the bad guys eith out chatter in his opinion .
Which he said means maybe this is a right wing group trying to lay it on Antifa. Or jihadists getting really tricky .

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Almost everything you wrote is incorrect. As far back as the Yom Kippur War, one of the main tactics practiced by Islamic terrorists is to attack on holidays. They are times where more media coverage is present and generally more people are in the street.

There are tons of examples. Just off the top of my head I can remember Islamist attacks in various parts of the world on All Saints Day, Diwali, Palm Sunday., Easter, Christmas and Passover. Boko Haram attacks nearly every Christian holiday. Most of the Islamic Brotherhood massacres occurred in Egypt on Christian holidays.

The animals even pick Muslim holidays like Eid and Ramadan to attack their coreligionists who are not “devout enough” or a different sect.
You’re both potentially right.

Two thoughts:

1. Can be a distraction. 2. Yep

Not going to argue the premise of your post, but the Yom Kippur War is a bad example.

Reactions: GreggK

it was a 1994 (ish) Chateau Sport class-C on a Ford E-350 chassis (I immediately recognized the font on the overcab bunk / LR quarter).. these things are littered across the countryside in drivable condition and can be had for about $3000

this has all the markings of Kevin Goatee and Duane Wraparoundsunglasses

Checked with my one friend and right now he has no inkling if it’s left wing, right, or Islamic yet. He’s been paid to figure this stuff out for a long time now btw.
He said that this area of Nashville is “liberal” and conservatives tend to not “sh!t where they eat “. But lately due to crazy internet speculation these various groups are getting ideas from clowns like use and our stupid theories.
Also false flags are extremely rare but there’s talk of them ramping up because guess what? They’re rare . We are helping the bad guys eith out chatter in his opinion .
Which he said means maybe this is a right wing group trying to lay it on Antifa. Or jihadists getting really tricky .
Agree that Nashville is liberal but that part of Broadway many of the bar owners are the opposite.

it was a 1994 (ish) Chateau Sport class-C on a Ford E-350 chassis (I immediately recognized the font on the overcab bunk / LR quarter).. these things are littered across the countryside in drivable condition and can be had for about $3000

this has all the markings of Kevin Goatee and Duane Wraparoundsunglasses
Nice call, Louie.

Two thoughts:

Number 2 makes a lot of sense

Reactions: PSJimbo
Number 2 makes a lot of sense
Agree, 5 AM on Christmas morning is obviously not a time one would choose if they wish to maximize casualties. The perpetrators expected the streets to be deserted and apparently issued a warning. Was it a “warning” a “false flag” or a dry run? All seem possible and this is very mysterious.

Good thing today doesn't have any significance in military operations, ehh?

Surprised no one has mentioned motive as a possible suicide?? The police have not commented nor released any videos of the driver exiting the video. You would think they would have secured videos of that by now. With human remains being found, it could be a possible suicide. Appears to be a gunpowder bomb.

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned motive as a possible suicide?? The police have not commented nor released any videos of the driver exiting the video. You would think they would have secured videos of that by now. With human remains being found, it could be a possible suicide. Maybe making a statement or had a grudge. Tried to make sure he didn’t injure anyone else.
You can do the same thing in an open field outside Nashville. Knocking out service and parking right there seems very suspicious.

Reactions: bison13
The people I know in military intelligence say this points to the opposite. Capable and sophisticated people with a potentially more serious goal.
Quite possibly an attempt for something larger in the future. Taking down communications is something a military strategist would use in early strikes. Think back to Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Initial bombing was about taking out communications/radar capabilities so as to "blind" the enemy and degrade their ability to rapidly respond. Crippling our 911 and cell capabilities would hinder coordination of emergency responses. Just a thought of mine.

Quite possibly an attempt for something larger in the future. Taking down communications is something a military strategist would use in early strikes. Think back to Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Initial bombing was about taking out communications/radar capabilities so as to "blind" the enemy and degrade their ability to rapidly respond. Crippling our 911 and cell capabilities would hinder coordination of emergency responses. Just a thought of mine.
Yep, I talked more last night to him and he didn’t have a most possible theory yet. He mentioned that area of Nashville is “liberal” and conservative radicals don’t tend to crap where they eat so it’s possible it’s an antifa or Muslim group . But then again he said it’s possible it’s a conservative group attacking “enemy” territory as a warning .
Or any of those three for various reasons . He also said false flags almost never happen ( a lot of work and sophistication) but they’re upticking because people tend not to put much faith in that theory .
And lastly all our idiotic speculation is fueling these groups with new ideas . Yeah, our nonsense is giving these idiots ideas. Welcome to 2020 I guess.

A thought of mine too, but something of this scale would be very limited. There have to be more efficient ways of causing more widespread damage. (Hacking.)

Seems like a dry run to knock out communications possibly. Hopefully they are caught soon and the group responsible are hammered into the ground.
News blurb---
AT&T are also continuing to investigate as they work to repair internet and cell phone outages caused by the blast that had impacted 911 and emergency phone systems, and temporarily shut down flights from Nashville International Airport.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT