ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers "passing attack"

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
RU has the worst pass offense I've seen in person in a long time. It was bizarre to watch them stick to their game plan of running for 3 yards and a cloud of dust when trailing by 22 towards the end of the 3rd quarter. No sense of urgency. Too bad the PSU DBs and LBs had stone hands today. Dropped at least 4 very catchable INTs.

Last edited:
I turned to the other half and said basically the same thing, something along the "I am no math whiz, but with 15 minutes left, they don't have the time to be relying on methodical 7 minute drives to get back into this game".

Reactions: mn78psu83
I turned to the other half and said basically the same thing, something along the "I am no math whiz, but with 15 minutes left, they don't have the time to be relying on methodical 7 minute drives to get back into this game".
It was as if they were trying to keep it respectable. They decided to open it up on the last drive when PSU freely substituted on D. It was poetic justice that they turned it over on downs. Some of the back ups looked really hungry on D too. That was great to see. Some big sticks by the D on the final drive. Nice for them to get the stop.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
RU has the worst pass offense I've seen in person in a long time. It was bizarre to watch them stick to their game plan of running for 3 yards and a cloud of dust when trailing by 22 towards the end of the 3rd quarter. No sense of urgency. Too bad the PSU DBs and LBs had stone hands today. Dropped at least 4 very catchable INTs.
That QB was brutal.

It was as if they were trying to keep it respectable. They decided to open it up on the last drive when PSU freely substituted on D. It was poetic justice that they turned it over on downs. Some of the back ups looked really hungry on D too. That was great to see. Some big sticks by the D on the final drive. Nice for them to get the stop.
This is exactly what Pitt did, they ran clock just trying to stay within 3 TDs.

Interesting thread. Rescigno does a couple things well. Very good mobility. He's strictly a game manager though. Rutgers is clearly improved. They're not very good, but they at least look like a competently coached team. They got beat because they don't have any guns, not because they beat themselves in a laughable, comedic manner.

The big problem is they have ZERO talent at WR. I thought we would see a lot more of 4-star Melton, but I only recall him making one catch for a couple yards. When you have no playmakers, you gotta get your best talent on the field and see what he has.

Receivers are not getting open, and then Rescigno compounds the problem by pulling the ball down IMMEDIATELY and taking off. That's why they don't give up any sacks, because they don't try to stand in against the rush and throw. It's chicken-and-egg which problem needs fixed first. If they had dangerous receivers and a powerful run game then Rescigno would probably be all right.

They won three league games vs none last year, if they hadn't lost at home to a MAC they would still have a shot at a bowl game with Indiana on deck. They're still no threat against any decent team, but they are obviously improved.

Rutgers fans upset that Matt Millen wasn’t complimenting their team enough yesterday. They really are a delusional bunch.

Rutgers fans upset that Matt Millen wasn’t complimenting their team enough yesterday. They really are a delusional bunch.
They must have missed the 70% of the program dedicated to the awesomeness that is Jerry Kill.

Reactions: psu00
Interesting thread. Rescigno does a couple things well. Very good mobility. He's strictly a game manager though. Rutgers is clearly improved. They're not very good, but they at least look like a competently coached team. They got beat because they don't have any guns, not because they beat themselves in a laughable, comedic manner.

The big problem is they have ZERO talent at WR. I thought we would see a lot more of 4-star Melton, but I only recall him making one catch for a couple yards. When you have no playmakers, you gotta get your best talent on the field and see what he has.

Receivers are not getting open, and then Rescigno compounds the problem by pulling the ball down IMMEDIATELY and taking off. That's why they don't give up any sacks, because they don't try to stand in against the rush and throw. It's chicken-and-egg which problem needs fixed first. If they had dangerous receivers and a powerful run game then Rescigno would probably be all right.

They won three league games vs none last year, if they hadn't lost at home to a MAC they would still have a shot at a bowl game with Indiana on deck. They're still no threat against any decent team, but they are obviously improved.

Rescigno's nickname on campus is "The Answer." Last year there was the Zach Allen experiment. That failed and who did they turn to? Gianni. This year was the Kyle Bolin experiment. Then it was the Johnathan Lewis experiment. Neither of those worked out. Who was the man? Rescigno! Next year, Artur Sitkowski will be the program's salvation (not to worry; he will be so anointed by rutgersal).
When he proves that he can barely move, let alone walk on water, who will they turn to? The Answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT