ADVERTISEMENT

Running backs at PSU

All the others ran from split backfield or a I formation. SB is handed the ball flat-footed with 3 guys on him. Can't wait to what he does at the next level from an I.

1. Barkley 2. KiJana 3. Larry Johnson 4. Richie Anderson 5. DJ Dozier 6. Enis

I started watching PSU in the mid 80s as a kid so I can't comment on those I didn't get a chance to see of course with all the respect in the world to those guys. Barkley is best to me, his O line is the worst by far of any of those backs and its been bad for 3 years.

I started watching PSU in the mid 80s as a kid so I can't comment on those I didn't get a chance to see of course with all the respect in the world to those guys. Barkley is best to me, his O line is the worst by far of any of those backs and its been bad for 3 years.
Richie Anderson and DJ Dozier but no Blair Thomas? He's definitely ahead of those 2.

Absolutely! Blair Thomas was a one man show vs Alabama that year. 11 straight carries or something like that?

Reactions: bdgan
Absolutely! Blair Thomas was a one man show vs Alabama that year. 11 straight carries or something like that?
Yes, one of the most impressive performances by a RB I've seen in person. Should have let him carry one more time.

He scored but no video replay back then they ripped him off. It was an incredible display of talent. After the 5th carry everyone knew he would keep getting it and he just kept going.

When Charlie Pittman, Lydel and Franco played, I think our biggest O-lineman was about 240 lbs. We played Missouri (Big 8) in the Orange Bowl one year and they had a Tackle who was 280 lbs playing opposite Mike Reid. Reid was listed about 240 but met him and he seemed bigger than that. We destroyed that offense and won 10-3 (if I remember correctly).
You do. They had McMillan at QB and Mel Gray WR. We were ranked #2, they #5 and they were favored. Greatest line belonged to LB Denny Onkotz when interviewed in locker room after the game by Miami Herald he was asked "How long do you think you could keep them out of the end zone?" Denny is quoted as saying "Forever!"
Saw all of them, Lenny Moore included. They were all great and they all bring back great memories.

"I started watching PSU in the mid 80s".....

That's why you don''t have Mitchel and Warner in your top 4....

I only go back to 1969, and that's why I don't have Lenny Moore in my top 4.

JoePa went all the way back, and I believe he said there was no one better to play at PSU than Lenny Moore.......

He scored but no video replay back then they ripped him off. It was an incredible display of talent. After the 5th carry everyone knew he would keep getting it and he just kept going.
I didn't mention Blair Thomas initially but that Alabama game was pure magnificence for him. That is one game we should never have lost. Blocked field goal from about tar he 9 yard line with no time left. Even more than the famous Sugar bowl game I relive that one. People still debate the wisdom of that field goal attempt and taking the ball out of Blair Thomas's hands after he took the ball (on every play) to the one inch line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT