ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on MGoBlog that 2019 starting RB Chris Evans has been kicked out of Michigan

Judge Smails

May 29, 2001

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/chris-evans-team

Frank Chuck

February 1st, 2019 at 9:51 PM ^

It's an academic impropriety issue.

Frank Chuck

February 1st, 2019 at 5:48 PM ^

This won't be reduced to a suspension. This is serious.

vanarbor

February 1st, 2019 at 6:52 PM ^

For what it’s worth, I checked the Canvas site for the class I take with him - he is no longer enrolled in the class.

BlueCube

February 1st, 2019 at 6:20 PM ^

Not sure if it's true but my son frequently sat next to him in a class and I'll say he wasn't exactly applying himself. There were some things I don't want to post here.

northernmich

February 1st, 2019 at 6:31 PM ^

I have close ties with kids that also have classes with football players at U of M. I’ll just say their in class behavior (these kids are trustworthy and honest as I’ve ever met) is equal to a 5th grader. Talk while the professor is talking, play on their phones, never pay attention or write anything down. One such player got the final exam from the professor, sat and stared at it for just over an hour, then turned it in completely blank. Don’t believe me if you want, but I’ve heard the same type of thing regarding other players.

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/chris-evans-team

Frank Chuck

February 1st, 2019 at 9:51 PM ^

It's an academic impropriety issue.

Frank Chuck

February 1st, 2019 at 5:48 PM ^

This won't be reduced to a suspension. This is serious.

vanarbor

February 1st, 2019 at 6:52 PM ^

For what it’s worth, I checked the Canvas site for the class I take with him - he is no longer enrolled in the class.

BlueCube

February 1st, 2019 at 6:20 PM ^

Not sure if it's true but my son frequently sat next to him in a class and I'll say he wasn't exactly applying himself. There were some things I don't want to post here.

northernmich

February 1st, 2019 at 6:31 PM ^

I have close ties with kids that also have classes with football players at U of M. I’ll just say their in class behavior (these kids are trustworthy and honest as I’ve ever met) is equal to a 5th grader. Talk while the professor is talking, play on their phones, never pay attention or write anything down. One such player got the final exam from the professor, sat and stared at it for just over an hour, then turned it in completely blank. Don’t believe me if you want, but I’ve heard the same type of thing regarding other players.
Remember when harbaugh was at Stanford sniping at Michigan for not having academic standards?

Tough few days for Michigan. This, losing to unranked Iowa in bball, and getting slammed by PSU. Ouch

My Michigan buddy told me three years ago Evans will be much better than Saquon. He's a Michigan fan so he's still probably convinced himself this is true.

Can't wait to see the player who is MUCH better than Saquon. He'll be fun to watch. Capable of true flight and possibly invisibility.

If the comments are true, it sounds like the young man really didn't want to be in college in the first place. That's not a criticism of him. I'm sure every school has football players who don't want to be in college. Unfortunately, that's the best route to take if they want a shot at the NFL. Some type of viable "D" league for players less than three years out of high school would be a good alternative but that's a whole other argument.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Latest from Wolve1972? "You Penn State guys are so full of it. You don't know half the story about Evans, but you jump to conclusions right away. It's not like he was caught raping little boys in the shower. Besides, we don't rally need Evans anyway, he'd be 3rd string in the fall." o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Reactions: BBrown and N&B4PSU
It wasn’t academic-related, it was much more serious.

In the recruiting campout Fri night at Jimmy’s house, Evans was caught burning candles INSIDE a tent instead of using a flashlight.

This is a MAJOR NCAA and Big (2)(12) safety violation and will be dealt with swiftly and harshly by both Emmert and Delany. (After all, their lives were put at risk as they were spooning together in the next tent downwind.)

My Michigan buddy told me three years ago Evans will be much better than Saquon. He's a Michigan fan so he's still probably convinced himself this is true.
Three years ago, lots of people thought that was possible. Folks also thought Tom Brady wasn’t going to become arguably the greatest QB ever. Funny how life plays out.

Latest from Wolve1972? "You Penn State guys are so full of it. You don't know half the story about Evans, but you jump to conclusions right away. It's not like he was caught raping little boys in the shower. Besides, we don't rally need Evans anyway, he'd be 3rd string in the fall." o_O:rolleyes::eek:
Just remind him that Larry Nassar was a Michigan grad.

They have a true freshman and a walk on next on the depth chart so they are set. No worries.

Or they just go with two fullbacks. Probably more likely with Harbaugh.

And PSU is "set" at RB this year with unproven players??

Rally

About as "set" as a team could be after losing their starter. Two 5 star RB's (Slade and Ford), one of whom played successfully as a true freshman last season. Two 4 star RB's (Cain and Holmes), both of whom are already physically very mature, and one of whom (Holmes) that played as a true freshman at ND in 2017. Oh, the other, Cain, had offers from about every college program on the planet. And a 3 star RB (Brown) that ran for 700+ yards and 11 TD's in one high school game, was state champ in the 100 meters, in his 3rd year in the program, and also pretty physically mature.

Is there something to complain about in that? Other than having a returning Heisman candidate, that's about as good as it gets....

Last edited:
Ahhh... memories of fussball (and BB players) and being a TA.

Mine was watching a group of them obviously cheat off each other. When a student complained after class that I should put a stop to such goings-on I replied (well, first, there was my self preservation mode lol) I simply said... 'relax, it's the blind leading the blind.'

So all received scores well below 50. All, of course, received a C in the course.

Memories are made of this...

About as "set" as a team could be after losing their starter. Two 5 star RB's (Slade and Ford), one of whom played successfully as a true freshman last season. Two 4 star RB's (Cain and Holmes), both of whom are already physically very mature, and one of whom (Holmes) that played as a true freshman at ND in 2017. Oh, the other, Cain, had offers from about every college program on the planet. And a 3 star RB (Brown) that ran for 700+ yards and 11 TD's in one high school game, was state champ in the 100 meters, in his 3rd year in the program, and also pretty physically mature.

Is there something to complain about in that? Other than having a returning Heisman candidate, that's about as good as it gets....

You put that together about as clearly as it can be done.. nice job.

My worries are not about our RBs (possibly on who decides to leave if they don't get enough reps)... competition at this position might be the best since the days of KJ and Archie and Pitts and Morris.

Obviously PSU is the only team that loses players to graduation and the NFL. Apparently no other team ever loses good players. And Slade’s about as proven as you can get for a first year starter.

Reactions: nittnee and N&B4PSU
But they have Gattis. They don't even need a RB, just all WRs and chucking the ball all over the field. Michigan Air Raid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT