ADVERTISEMENT

RTCs cropping up everywhere

Colorado Man

Jul 13, 2001
Ones associated with Brown and Columbia Universities have been created. UPenn has another, but it may havealready existed and I just was clueless. Rutgers merged with Princeton recently (yes, SKWC had already existed).

Saw Edinboro now has one also. Cliff Moore posted on another forum I follow looking for HS wrestlers who meet the criteria, to start practicing at their RTC.

Penn has had one shared with Drexel. Fairly recent development, maybe 3 yrs? (Speaking offhand, cant look up right now.)

Saw that Paulson turned down the Wisconsin RTC gig to join his brother at Virginia. Fresno State has one too.

Are we going to get to the point where we'll have more RTC's than post-collegiate wrestlers?

Would love to find a proper list of RTCs. Unfortunately, all attempts to get one have been futile, and the website of RTC listings is known to not be up-to-date.

Would love to find a proper list of RTCs. Unfortunately, all attempts to get one have been futile, and the website of RTC listings is known to not be up-to-date.

I concur. A thread like what the OP started comes up on the board about every 6 months. And each time I go to the USA Wrestling site and look at their list, and any other lists of RTCs I can find, and shake my head at how out-of-date they are.

Get one started, Pirate! Crowd-source that mofo.

I have no doubt that the Pirate could assemble an accurate list -- he's very thorough in pretty much everything he does. However, what would be his incentive to do so? He wouldn't get any money for his efforts. Plus if USA Wrestling doesn't bother to keep their list updated, you have to wonder how many folks really care about an accurate RTC list. I suspect that most wrestling fans care about the RTC affiliated with their favorite college, and are aware of a few RTCs affiliated with their favorite college's main competitors.

Reactions: SetonHallPirate
Gotta keep up with the Jones's. If this means everybody is finding money to keep guys training in the international styles, benefitting wrestling at all levels from youth through senior... Great.

But, with the buzz-phrase of "I want to be a World and Olympic Champion" that every recruit is driven by nowadays, you almost have to have one of these. Just looks more official. They won't be "special" to any given school, other than who you have training there, which was already taking place, really.

I concur. A thread like what the OP started comes up on the board about every 6 months. And each time I go to the USA Wrestling site and look at their list, and any other lists of RTCs I can find, and shake my head at how out-of-date they are.
Might be able to help, but it will be at least a couple weeks, maybe longer. We've been trying to get a list too.

Might be able to help, but it will be at least a couple weeks, maybe longer. We've been trying to get a list too.

Possibly asking posters on The Mat, et. al. to list RTCs for their favorite college is a start.
On another note, the time it takes to type a reply on any rivals site is getting to be unacceptable. I know, don't let the door hit me in the ass.

I have no doubt that the Pirate could assemble an accurate list -- he's very thorough in pretty much everything he does. However, what would be his incentive to do so? He wouldn't get any money for his efforts. Plus if USA Wrestling doesn't bother to keep their list updated, you have to wonder how many folks really care about an accurate RTC list. I suspect that most wrestling fans care about the RTC affiliated with their favorite college, and are aware of a few RTCs affiliated with their favorite college's main competitors.
Not only that, but the scope would be impossible to cast a net around, which is probably the biggest issue. One RTC I know of (because it's on the USA Wrestling RTC list...whether it's up-to-date or not is another issue, and one I can't answer, because this example underlines the issue) is in Winter Park, Florida, which would not be attached to any wrestling program, Divisions I, II, III, NAIA, NJCAA, or otherwise. Sure, I could contact every single one of those schools in those divisions with wrestling programs, but I'd still know that I was very possibly (likely?) looking at an incomplete list.

If will be interesting to watch if the backwards admin at Pitt would allow their own RTC to be started.

If will be interesting to watch if the backwards admin at Pitt would allow their own RTC to be started.

They have already started and have gotten Youtsey as the HC. They say that a #1 wrestler in his weight class from the Kstan country - I'm not going to try to spell it - has moved to Pittsburgh for better training and will be part of the RTC. If you are #1 in the world, how will being in the Pgh RTC be better training?

Yeah, sorry, I thought the idea of a SR world #1 improving at a youth club was ridiculous enough that I could deadpan it. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah, sorry, I thought the idea of a SR world #1 improving at a youth club was ridiculous enough that I could deadpan it. Guess I was wrong.
Truth.....Everyone trying to keep up with PSU.....Never happen though....This staff is 3 and 4 years ahead of everyone else.....

There's always one in the crowd who doesn't get the irony. I guess it was my turn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT