ADVERTISEMENT

Rooney returns to Everton on free transfer

Have asked U.K. Colleagues what makes a person an Everton fan v. Liverpool fan, when they are maybe a mile apart in the same town. Is it religion, is it class, or is it simply that's what my parents are. Have @ one time or another gotten all 3 answers. I think it is heritage uber alles. Love to hear others thoughts. I have been an Everton fan because they are the "smaller, " less wealthy side, and because of Tim Howard's time there. Will always root for the teams from the north, not the moneyed teams in the southeast. Can't cheer for the Yankees.

Have asked U.K. Colleagues what makes a person an Everton fan v. Liverpool fan, when they are maybe a mile apart in the same town. Is it religion, is it class, or is it simply that's what my parents are. Have @ one time or another gotten all 3 answers. I think it is heritage uber alles. Love to hear others thoughts. I have been an Everton fan because they are the "smaller, " less wealthy side, and because of Tim Howard's time there. Will always root for the teams from the north, not the moneyed teams in the southeast. Can't cheer for the Yankees.

I am an Everton fan because a friend from Liverpool supports Everton and took me to Goodison Park for a Premier League match when I visited him. He got his brother-in-law tickets which were some of the best seats in the house - in the front row of the 2nd level right at midfield. After that game, I was hooked. Having Tim Howard as their goalie for all those years reinforced my support.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT