ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting FREE Q/A - On the field, recruiting, etc - Ask me anything!

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Alright folks, let’s do a free Q/A throughout the day. I will answer any question that I have an answer to. It can be on the field related, recruiting related, or about anything you want.

I’ll leave this open all day and check in periodically.

I am impressed with one current commitment and hopefully two more with their track speed. Mack’s 400 M State Champion in Florida , and Harris 10.7 and even more impressive Wallace’s 10,5 time which is close to Journeys’ time. The latter two your thoughts?

As in any year there will be turnover on the team due to graduation etc. My question is who is in the pipeline to step up to starter status next year that no one is talking about? Who may be a surprise quality first teamer waiting in the wings that is flying under the radar in your opinion? Thank!

I am impressed with one current commitment and hopefully two more with their track speed. Mack’s 400 M State Champion in Florida , and Harris 10.7 and even more impressive Wallace’s 10,5 time which is close to Journeys’ time. The latter two your thoughts?
My thoughts on Daniel Harris and Cameron Wallace correct?

Harris - I think is a kid who can be an impact player as soon as next year. A super advanced corner with great athleticism as you already know. Penn State has never stopped pushing for him even when he committed to Georgia and they’ve put themselves in a great spot. He has a chance to be one of their best late cycle recruiting wins ever.

Wallace - For looking for a RB late in the cycle, I’m not sure you can go wrong with Wallace. The skill set is there and the athleticism is there, he just needs to learn to put it all together. If they do end up landing him, I think it’s a recruit you can’t go wrong with. You have two superb backs in Singleton and Allen already who will take most of the snaps the next two years. Montgomery has quite a bit of upside himself and should be healthy next season. Adding a kid like Wallace is low risk, high reward. If he doesn’t pan out, it’s not the biggest hit positional wise. If he does, you have another dynamic weapon to add to the offense going forward. I think wherever he ends up, he could end up being a big steal. Big fan of what I’ve seen so far, there’s enough there that I think you roll the dice and see what happens.

As in any year there will be turnover on the team due to graduation etc. My question is who is in the pipeline to step up to starter status next year that no one is talking about? Who may be a surprise quality first teamer waiting in the wings that is flying under the radar in your opinion? Thank!
Great question - I guess it depends what position you’re looking at…. So I’ll just go position by position of guys I think could be starters down the road.

QB: Beau Pribula - Allar gets all the attention but I think Pribula in the case Allar doesn’t pan out has a really nice ceiling himself.

RB: No one here we don’t know about.

WR: I really think Omari Evans is someone who could be a big time player for them with Allar at quarterback. Allar’s arm strength + Evan’s game breaking speed could be a deadly combination. Maybe not as a starter but I really do think Liam Clifford could perhaps carve himself out a nice little role in the offense as well.

TE: Jerry Cross - He has been banged up which hasn’t helped a ton this year but he was a tight end we knew needed some developmental time and it looks like he is impressing and developing maybe even a little faster than expected.

OL: Ya’ll pretty much know the names here. I don’t expect too many surprises but young guys like Drew Shelton, Vega Ioane and not as young but still new to the program, JB Nelson all have really high upsides.

DL: Does Zuriah Fisher count? I think he has a chance to have a big 2023 after missing most of this season. That defensive line next year will be one of the best in the country if they are able to return everyone outside of PJ Mustipher. Also Davon Townley I’m still high on, think he could come on big next year.

LB: Keon Wylie is someone I expect to become a big part of the linebacker room in the future.

CB/S: Kevin Winston and Cam Miller both are guys I think will continue the trend of strong play in the secondary.

I know not all of these may be surprises but all are young guys who I think can be starters in 2023 or 2024 and beyond.

Great question - I guess it depends what position you’re looking at…. So I’ll just go position by position of guys I think could be starters down the road.

QB: Beau Pribula - Allar gets all the attention but I think Pribula in the case Allar doesn’t pan out has a really nice ceiling himself.

RB: No one here we don’t know about.

WR: I really think Omari Evans is someone who could be a big time player for them with Allar at quarterback. Allar’s arm strength + Evan’s game breaking speed could be a deadly combination. Maybe not as a starter but I really do think Liam Clifford could perhaps carve himself out a nice little role in the offense as well.

TE: Jerry Cross - He has been banged up which hasn’t helped a ton this year but he was a tight end we knew needed some developmental time and it looks like he is impressing and developing maybe even a little faster than expected.

OL: Ya’ll pretty much know the names here. I don’t expect too many surprises but young guys like Drew Shelton, Vega Ioane and not as young but still new to the program, JB Nelson all have really high upsides.

DL: Does Zuriah Fisher count? I think he has a chance to have a big 2023 after missing most of this season. That defensive line next year will be one of the best in the country if they are able to return everyone outside of PJ Mustipher. Also Davon Townley I’m still high on, think he could come on big next year.

LB: Keon Wylie is someone I expect to become a big part of the linebacker room in the future.

CB/S: Kevin Winston and Cam Miller both are guys I think will continue the trend of strong play in the secondary.

I know not all of these may be surprises but all are young guys who I think can be starters in 2023 or 2024 and beyond.
Great question and answer. Tangentially, we've got two more years with some really great skill-position people (Allar, RBs, WRs, CBs specifically). I think this year is KEY to potential championship-caliber players to go along with these exceptional skill-set guys. So recruiting, this year should be at premium players on the OL/DL/LB areas. We haven't been, and probably won't be a consistent MNC caliber team like GA, tOSU and Clemson are. So we have to take our shots with the cycles (think the Guardians and the Yankees).

Is the staff thinking this way? Are we focused on loading up complementary players?

Great question and answer. Tangentially, we've got two more years with some really great skill-position people (Allar, RBs, WRs, CBs specifically). I think this year is KEY to potential championship-caliber players to go along with these exceptional skill-set guys. So recruiting, this year should be at premium players on the OL/DL/LB areas. We haven't been, and probably won't be a consistent MNC caliber team like GA, tOSU and Clemson are. So we have to take our shots with the cycles (think the Guardians and the Yankees).

Is the staff thinking this way? Are we focused on loading up complementary players?
That’s a really good question and I haven’t spoken to anyone regarding that, maybe I should next time I have an opportunity. I think to a degree that is the case but also they’ll always recruit with need in mind first and foremost and then look to pick up those complementary players imo as they see fit. If that makes sense.

Reactions: Obliviax
Any other potential recruits to flip?

With Driver converting to WR and a ton of DB in the recruiting class, will there be any DB who flip over to WR or maybe a S who grows in to an OLB?

Reactions: Online Persona
I see that 4 star RB Mark Fletcher just decommitted from Ohio St. We were after him at one time. Do we still pursue him?

Reactions: bison13
My 17 Chevy Suburban’s headlights seem to be getting dimmer. Is that even possible? Do LED lights go dim? The plastic casing is clean and clear, so it’s not due to that.

Reactions: bison13
I believe LEDs can go dim, but reminds me of back in my day we used bug spray on the plastic casing and it would clean it right off.
Ah the magic of DEET - a cheap industrial solvent that even mosquitoes dislike. A neurotoxin too. Get yours today!

ADVERTISEMENT