ADVERTISEMENT

Room battles

Nolf was competitive with Nickal? Nolf is a hammer-and-a-half but he is giving up 40 pounds to a two-time National Champ. Would love to see that.

Despite the intense curiosity, I don't know that I like the thought of our guys tossing around while giving up 40lbs. The injury bug is the only thing that can stop this year's train.

Reactions: ccdiver
Not me. Ive been saying all summer Teske start makes more sense. The points delta between the two in a tough weight will be little, we probably don't need the points, Teas reportedly has a cut to 125, and one has to shirt anyway. II say shirt the one with the most Prentiss as well. Next year (2019/2020) Teske 125, Teas 133, RBY shirts or he and Lee move up. I don't think Busiello will ever touch 125 for us. He's growing and is lean, in 2 years probably 133 minimum. Teske could be a 4 year guy for us
Why not just put the points ^? (That is my best attempt at making a triangle.) Nothing better than communicating with a fellow nerd.

After seeing the video of Nolf at his wedding, I am wondering if they are having any dance offs. Even that looked a bit physical. I bet Nico is getting danced off the mats.

Why not just put the points ^? (That is my best attempt at making a triangle.) Nothing better than communicating with a fellow nerd.

If we get 3-5 points at Nationals from 125 I'll be happy. Given we know nothing about either kid at the collegiate level R12 for Teske would be nice and maybe Teas could eke out a low AA?

If we get 3-5 points at Nationals from 125 I'll be happy. Given we know nothing about either kid at the collegiate level R12 for Teske would be nice and maybe Teas could eke out a low AA?
I am never going to be able to grasp how you just assume Teasdale is minimally better than Teske and possibly far superior.

Just a guess, but I think we got something special in Teske. As well as Teasdale.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I am never going to be able to grasp how you just assume Teasdale is minimally better than Teske and possibly far superior.

Just a guess, but I think we got something special in Teske. As well as Teasdale.

I love how 4-5 guys on this board sit back and spend most of the time ready to pounce on every comment, inuendoi or even typo that offends their sense of PSU fan superiority, constantly ripping brothers in Blue. Sad. If you have a different opinions state it with specifics - that's all.

What I 'assume' is pretty much Jack S&$@. So we have 2 4x state champs from different big wrestling states. 2- 3 years ago Teas seemed to be the second coming of Spencer Lee but then after a few loses he lost some of that luster. Teske although I believe undefeate in duals and states, and who both beat and then lost to another phenom in Thompson Iowa had less success in tournaments and all ranking services rate him far lower than Teas.

Both are 4x guys from great states and will develope under Cael into ....? Not even someone with your superior knowledge has any clue. 125 is a pretty damned solid weight class next year and it's hard to tell where either will fall, but I think expecting anything more than a top 8-12ish finish as true freshmen seems to me, to be overly optimistic, and thus the points impact for the team is really minimal.

To assume neither will finish above top 12 seems to disrespect Cael's ability to generally recruit great fits for his program and some pretty strong development mad skills. That said Nick Lee, Nolf, Nickal VJ all had the benefit of either a grey shirt or red shirt (granted Nick's came via what would have been his HS senior year).

Now, what I think is, Teasdale's petigree and this upside is likely stronger hence an early redshirt will help him more. If your implication is Teske is an automatic 0 points at Nationals while Teadale is Top 6 as a true freshman, disrespects Cael, Teske and at the same time is probably far too ambitious for Teasdale at this stage of his career.

Thus if you take a hard look at points potential at Nationals this year, the differential between the two will likely have zero impact relative to our winning another one.

If you want to speculate where they are 3-4 years from now and who has the better chance at being a top 4 type guy, most would say Teasdale hands down. From what I hear of Teske's heart and drive I would like another year or two before I can make an informed decision, but we all night just be surprised. I'm really glad we have then both as a future 1-2 punch.

I love how 4-5 guys on this board sit back and spend most of the time ready to pounce on every comment, inuendoi or even typo that offends their sense of PSU fan superiority, constantly ripping brothers in Blue. Sad. If you have a different opinions state it with specifics - that's all.
Methinks you're missing a part of the equation for why even one person would pounce.

Reactions: ccdiver and rmg78
Everything Ive heard about Gavin is that this will be his only year he could hold down 125 and Teske seems to be labeled a career 125. IDC which one they throw out but wouldnt it make more sense to use GT before he sprouts?

Edit: this is assuming we dont see Schnupp and both RS.

Everything Ive heard about Gavin is that this will be his only year he could hold down 125 and Teske seems to be labeled a career 125. IDC which one they throw out but wouldnt it make more sense to use GT before he sprouts?

Edit: this is assuming we dont see Schnupp and both RS.

I doubt any final decision has been made one way or another and I doubt any decision will be made until after the Scuffle. There is just no reason to make a final decision before that.

If the coaches think Gavin won't be able to maintain the weight for the second half of the year or if he can but his performance will suffer from it, then start Teske right away. If they need to wait till the scuffle and start Schnupp, no problem. They probably won't need a high number of points from 125 this year but if Gavin isn't going to make 125 next year, Teske will make gains by going all season this year and they will need his points next year at 125. I really don't see any benefit of red shirting both this year.

I have no idea if Brody is "game ready" for top end D1 wrestling, but I know he will give full effort. I have watched him practice and that alone is fun to watch. I would be stunned to hear he is anything but ears open mouth shut when being coached in that room. Brody choose PSU because of the coaching and went there with the idea of improving in leaps and bounds. Results may not be up to your expectations early on but I think you will notice the effort this young man makes to improve. He is a keeper! I have no problem admitting it was a huge loss for ISU when he choose you guys over us.

Last edited:
This is Schnupps third year in the PSU room. He should be dominating true freshman since Cael is the best developer of talent in sports history.

This is Schnupps third year in the PSU room. He should be dominating true freshman since Cael is the best developer of talent in sports history.

We all develop at different speeds based on a number of influences. You, for instance, seem to have moved backward rather quickly in ability to contribute quality posts. I liken your time over at HR to time spent in a bar. Turk must be ultra talented as he improves constantly despite his HR influence.

PS: How is Perez developing in the world's best lightweight room?

We all develop at different speeds based on a number of influences. You, for instance, seem to have moved backward rather quickly in ability to contribute quality posts. I liken your time over at HR to time spent in a bar. Turk must be ultra talented as he improves constantly despite his HR influence.

PS: How is Perez developing in the world's best lightweight room?

Lol. The development part of your post was funny. Well played.

I think you’ve proven my point from another thread on here. Which is that the room matters less than what the kid is made of.

I'm not sure if there is any truth to it but I believe it has been stated that Schnupp isn't a full 125. Maybe someone on here with more knowledge can speak on it.

I'm not sure if there is any truth to it but I believe it has been stated that Schnupp isn't a full 125. Maybe someone on here with more knowledge can speak on it.

Well, the eyeball test result is that he was a very undersized and physically undeveloped 125 last season. But there was no lack of effort or lack of appreciation from the PSU fans.

Last edited:
This is Schnupps third year in the PSU room. He should be dominating true freshman since Cael is the best developer of talent in sports history.[/QUOTE

Schnupp is dominating, Unfortunately it is the 118 lb, weight class. I have yet to read that Devin is being beaten in the room by Jeff Prescott!

Reactions: nerfstate

What I 'assume' is pretty much Jack S&$@. So we have 2 4x state champs from different big wrestling states. 2- 3 years ago Teas seemed to be the second coming of Spencer Lee but then after a few loses he lost some of that luster. Teske although I believe undefeate in duals and states, and who both beat and then lost to another phenom in Thompson Iowa had less success in tournaments and all ranking services rate him far lower than Teas.

Both are 4x guys from great states and will develope under Cael into ....? Not even someone with your superior knowledge has any clue. 125 is a pretty damned solid weight class next year and it's hard to tell where either will fall, but I think expecting anything more than a top 8-12ish finish as true freshmen seems to me, to be overly optimistic, and thus the points impact for the team is really minimal.

To assume neither will finish above top 12 seems to disrespect Cael's ability to generally recruit great fits for his program and some pretty strong development mad skills. That said Nick Lee, Nolf, Nickal VJ all had the benefit of either a grey shirt or red shirt (granted Nick's came via what would have been his HS senior year).

Now, what I think is, Teasdale's petigree and this upside is likely stronger hence an early redshirt will help him more. If your implication is Teske is an automatic 0 points at Nationals while Teadale is Top 6 as a true freshman, disrespects Cael, Teske and at the same time is probably far too ambitious for Teasdale at this stage of his career.

Thus if you take a hard look at points potential at Nationals this year, the differential between the two will likely have zero impact relative to our winning another one.

If you want to speculate where they are 3-4 years from now and who has the better chance at being a top 4 type guy, most would say Teasdale hands down. From what I hear of Teske's heart and drive I would like another year or two before I can make an informed decision, but we all night just be surprised. I'm really glad we have then both as a future 1-2 punch.
Geez. That's quite a vent. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

From your post I have no idea if you got my point or not.

You have formed an opinion on who is superior between Teasdale and Teske, and obviously in your eyes it is Teasdale.
As you pointed out I certainly have no clue which is the superior 125 pounder, and I certainly do not debate that point. Nor do I relentlessly proclaim one superior to the other. You on the other hand, with as much of a clue as me do relentlessly proclaim one superior. My point was I can not imagine how you take that needless leap. All the time.

It is like the Berge weight issue. There is nothing indicating it is an issue, but you can't write Berge's name without using weight cut as his birth name.

In summation. A few things I do have a clue to. One of the most important traits Cael looks for is how a kid reacts to getting a bit of a beating in the room. Do they get right back up and keep coming, or do they hang their heads and accept the beating. He has had a ton of success with kids with talent who do not know how to accept getting beaten in that room. Knowing both Teasdale and Teske were invited by Cael to join the program I do assume they have that trait. I already know they have talent, so yes I am assuming both are going to be exceptional. As I am also assuming RBY and Berge are going to be exceptional.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
The only 2 times I watched Teske wrestle he lost. That might skew my thoughts but I think he will struggle some this year with D1 competition. He does have lots of raw talent a should end up being a good one. If Teske goes this year he loses by TF to Lee. Teasdale probably loses by MD. Just my quick thoughts

Steel is much harder than iron so steel sharpens steel tops iron sharpens iron.

Not so fast. When you factor in the Tariffs.....a cost analysis may show that Iron tops Steel. Doesn't matter how hard something is if you can't afford it :)

Reactions: WildTurk

"ready to pounce on every comment, inuendoi or even typo"

You misspelled innuendo.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :p

Ok. I will quit now.. Having too much fun on my Friday afternoon off work. Sorry! Hawkeye wrestle final wrestle offs shortly! Woot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT