ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Gould

Lion84

Apr 10, 2015
Gets the franchise tag from 49ers - Bears really f’ed up with him. Saw him kick at PSU - great leg but was all over the place - awesome he figured it out and is having a great and financially rewarding NFL career.

Gets the franchise tag from 49ers - Bears really f’ed up with him. Saw him kick at PSU - great leg but was all over the place - awesome he figured it out and is having a great and financially rewarding NFL career.
Also good chance Amos and Smith get franchised, nice pay day.

Gould was at the Bears playoff game with his family when that loser Cody Parky missed that kick. Yes the idiot Bears management screwed up and cheaped out by cutting him for basically no reason. He still has a home in Chicago and loves it there.
Was told that is why the 49ers franchised him, bears wanted him back

Gould was at the Bears playoff game with his family when that loser Cody Parky missed that kick. Yes the idiot Bears management screwed up and cheaped out by cutting him for basically no reason. He still has a home in Chicago and loves it there.
I was cheering for Cody the whole way!! I knew he had it in him!!!

Don't really follow all of the contract negotiations, but is this common? For a kicker? Is this Gould's way of wanting to go back to Chicago?

Dang. May end up unemployed with this strategy.

Wow, Adam Schein was a total douche with the Harper signing, not he's moved over to Robbie.

Dick move by Robbie. Thought he was pure class. Nope, he's playing the family card. What a joke. Not a man of his word.

Pretty bold move for a 37 yr old kicker, even if he's still at the top of his game.

Dick move by Robbie. Thought he was pure class. Nope, he's playing the family card. What a joke. Not a man of his word.
What it says is “I am smart and have enough money for me and my family” so now after his family sacrificed for him he is doing the same - not sure how this is a dick move and yeah NFL teams NEVER make dick moves and screw players over. Good for Robbie.

You nailed it. All filth. Nothing to see here. Crappy weather. No jobs. Tourists hate it. :cool:

San Fran is a beautiful city but you have to admit it is getting pretty scummy in many parts of the downtown away from the Warf. I have been going there regularly for 30 years and it has gotten progressively worse - much like many urban areas - I have no solutions but just an observation.

Reactions: BBrown
San Fran is a beautiful city but you have to admit it is getting pretty scummy in many parts of the downtown away from the Warf. I have been going there regularly for 30 years and it has gotten progressively worse - much like many urban areas - I have no solutions but just an observation.
I would not contest that. This subject has been debated at length on the Test Board. Conservatives there are fond of bringing up how "filthy" San Francisco is. Who knows why? :rolleyes:

I would not contest that. This subject has been debated at length on the Test Board. Conservatives there are fond of bringing up how "filthy" San Francisco is. Who knows why? :rolleyes:
Because they have free zones for open drug use Google the tenderloin.

They are talking about the trash in the streets that only they seem to see. But not necessarily the trash in the streets that everyone sees.

Probably the vast majority of the big cities in the USA have beautifully scenic areas and then have areas sometimes only a few blocks away that most people never see (or would want to see).

Because they have free zones for open drug use Google the tenderloin.
So that fact that California is a blue state, and San Francisco the bluest part of the state, has nothing to do with the repeated posting about how "filthy" San Francisco is? By people who, for the most part, neither live in nor regularly visit San Francisco? OK ...

Drug addicts eventually do one of two things: kick the habit or kill themselves. What is your proposed solution, incarceration? Incarcerating addicts is expensive, and more often than not results in them using again once they get out of jail. I would readily concede that allowing them to use without prosecuting them is also problematic. But although SF spends considerable money on "navigation centers" where they assist people in trying to kick the habit and regain control of their lives, it is less than the amount that would need to be spent on incarcerating all of those people.

Or maybe he just loves his old team and teammates, why argue over which city has more filth and druggies. He's the guy that knows where he feels most comfortable and he's talented enough to have choices. Good for Robbie for standing up for what HE wants and feels is best for His family

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
What it says is “I am smart and have enough money for me and my family” so now after his family sacrificed for him he is doing the same - not sure how this is a dick move and yeah NFL teams NEVER make dick moves and screw players over. Good for Robbie.
He signed a contract. He gave his word. Not a man of his word. Period. Hope the Niners make him rot for a year.

He signed a contract. He gave his word. Not a man of his word. Period. Hope the Niners make him rot for a year.

The 49ers franchised tagged him but I don't think he signed the tender. So no, I don't think he signed a contract or gave his word

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT