ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Tommy Smothers

My son (( 11 yo) at the time and I met the Smothers Brothers on a golf course in Orlando in 1990.
They were filming a special and I was surprised when we hit to a green and they were near it.
Tom was tormenting me about a sand trap shot and couldn’t be nicer.
He spoke to my son and explained who he was and asked my son about golf etc.
I’m feeling sad about the news. What a great guy he was.

Learned how to "walk the dog" and a few other tricks from one of his books pre-internet.

We do? Who should we be protesting?

Who should protest?

American citizens who are sick of undeclared, perpetual war and the $trillions of dollars of unsecured debt that follow. Not to mention those who are sick and tired of hack politicians (Rs and Ds) who rake in millions from defense contractors, whose only concern is arming the next army, for the next war.

Who should protest?

American citizens who are sick of undeclared, perpetual war and the $trillions of dollars of unsecured debt that follow. Not to mention those who are sick and tired of hack politicians (Rs and Ds) who rake in millions from defense contractors, whose only concern is arming the next army, for the next war.
And this is the performance on the smothers brothers show that got them cancelled. It was not them doing the performing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT