ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Norm McDonald

Wow, did not realize he was 61 or that he had cancer. Loved his comedy and delivery.

Reactions: TheGLOV
And I’ve heard that OJ essentially got him fired from SNL for all his jokes. OJ apparently still had some friends among the higher-ups at NBC.
I believe the rumor is the latter. Norm was one of a kind. A rare breed where not only could he write great material, but his delivery was what really set him apart from the rest. This was always one of my favorite Norm moments.

2.gif

He was one of the greats. You know how good he was by how there may not be a comedian who garners more respect from fellow comedians than Norm.

This will break some brains...

Reminds me of a time when our National leaders were decent enough human beings to laugh along with all of the ridiculous goings on in Washington. When your political party ties didn’t keep you from laughing along with the crowd, even when it was at your expense. When you likely had a drink after work with your friend Bob, rather than avoid that “asshole” on the other side of the aisle. Nobody played to that down the middle laugh better than Norm…he truly was a comic genius. RIP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT