ADVERTISEMENT

RIP former Buckeye Will Smith....

Minor traffic accident. Killed by road rage idiot. Will's wife also injured.

God bless his family/friends/loved ones...my heartfelt sympathy. Too young...what a tragedy...a reminder of what a senseless world we live in.

Reactions: step.eng69
Minor traffic accident. Killed by road rage idiot. Will's wife also injured.

Is this accurate? Seems like Smith was potentially the "Road Rage Idiot" as his car was the one rear ended.

"The pair were in their car when a Hummer hit them from behind, causing their car to rear-end another vehicle in front of them.
Smith and the Hummer driver got into a confrontation, police said. The Hummer driver allegedly shot him multiple times and his wife twice in the leg. She was transported to a local hospital.
The Hummer driver stayed on the scene, and is in custody undergoing questioning, police said in a statement"

LdN

Is this accurate? Seems like Smith was potentially the "Road Rage Idiot" as his car was the one rear ended.

"The pair were in their car when a Hummer hit them from behind, causing their car to rear-end another vehicle in front of them.
Smith and the Hummer driver got into a confrontation, police said. The Hummer driver allegedly shot him multiple times and his wife twice in the leg. She was transported to a local hospital.
The Hummer driver stayed on the scene, and is in custody undergoing questioning, police said in a statement"

LdN

Murdering a man and shooting his wife over a minor traffic accident qualifies one as an "idiot" IMO.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Murdering a man and shooting his wife over a minor traffic accident qualifies one as an "idiot" IMO.

Again, was that why he shot the guy and his wife?
I don't know. Apparently you have all the answers though.
I've never seen someone cause an accident, rearending someone, and then get out of the car and start shooting.
Maybe that happens a lot where you are from.

LdN

I've never seen someone cause an accident, rearending someone, and then get out of the car and start shooting.

LdN
I'm not privy to all the details but according to reports both were shot while still in their vehicle, as Will Smith died while sitting in the drivers seat? Don't know how threatening he could be from that position?

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Collisions and cars piling up like this are the result of two things: (1) Distracted drivers, usually due to the use of a phone, and (2) tail-gating, or simply not allowing an appropriate following distance. The latter often happens when traffic moves at a speed that is posted, or that people think is "appropriate" for the road, but that is absolutely inappropriate for the number of cars on the road. Hence the cars do not maintain a following distance that can prevent a pile up should a vehicle need to stop or slow down suddenly.

I live in the Houston area that has some of the worst road over-crowding in the country. It also has a high proportion of idiots and poorly educated. I often get tail-gated on roads that are not over-crowded, but that a driver simply wants to speed and can't pass immediately.

And yes, I have been a victim of the above bad behaviors and road conditions. When you get hit from behind and see someone do you physical harm and/or instantly take thousands out of your pocket, well, a person with a gun who has a tendency for rage might ....

And we cannot put them into some kind of gun-restriction database. Most of this messed up society would be in the database, and they all still get one vote apiece.

One thing we can and should do would be to disable a phone when it is in motion. Very simple solution to half of the problem. But again, each gets one vote, so it won't happen.

Our society is without a doubt in a precipitous decline. The road situation is just one of the symptoms.

LdN

LdN
Quite a coincidence.

One of the defendants mentioned in that lawsuit had dined with Smith shortly before the former football pro was killed.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.co...-will-smith-sued-city-of-new-orleans-after-po

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT