ADVERTISEMENT

REPORTING POSTS (PLEASE READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Hi everyone, from now on, you can report posts the old-fashioned way as well but PLEASE start tagging me in addition in the post if you believe it should be reported. If you don't want to do so on the board, feel free to DM me as well.

Hi everyone, from now on, you can report posts the old-fashioned way as well but PLEASE start tagging me in addition in the post if you believe it should be reported. If you don't want to do so on the board, feel free to DM me as well.

Dylan, I get why you took the Mulvaney thread down, but it was an interesting give-and-take which started with a clear Penn State angle, and I don't see why it couldn't have been just as easily moved to the other board.

I've noticed a trend in recent years going far beyond sports message boards: the side losing the argument seeks to cancel or delegitimize the side winning the argument rather than engaging the debate.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting this was your motivation as some of the posts in that thread were overtly political and certainly out of bounds here. Still, in the future, please consider moving it over rather than deleting the whole thing. Thanks.

I've noticed a trend in recent years going far beyond sports message boards: the side losing the argument seeks to cancel or delegitimize the side winning the argument rather than engaging the debate.
Is there ever a "winner" when debating politics or religion with strangers in an online forum? It's about as effective as going to a Pitt forum to debate the Sandusky scandal with them.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
It's about as effective as going to a Pitt forum to debate the Sandusky scandal with them.
Pnnylions favorite thing to do. Then he comes back over here and starts threads about it. Then gets mad and wants people banned. It’s an interesting thing to watch.

Is there ever a "winner" when debating politics or religion with strangers in an online forum? It's about as effective as going to a Pitt forum to debate the Sandusky scandal with them.

I think the side that seeks to cancel or delegitimize an opposing point of view is de facto the "loser" or else it would not shirk from the debate. Easier to cancel somebody than to refute his or her opinion.

Also, beyond "winning" and "losing," a vigorous and thoughtful exchange of views, even among strangers on an Internet platform, can be interesting and useful.

All this aside, as I noted in my response to Dylan, I get why parts of the Mulvaney thread crossed the line of this board's rules. My point was to ask what's the harm of just moving it over to the other board. I, for one, found the back-and-forth quite interesting.

Wastecoast24 is responsible for most of the drivel including his nics. I had both on ignore. Have no idea the crap he spews here.

No doubt his usual spam about Paterno lol , knowing, covering up, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Dylan, I get why you took the Mulvaney thread down, but it was an interesting give-and-take which started with a clear Penn State angle, and I don't see why it couldn't have been just as easily moved to the other board.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting this was your motivation as some of the posts in that thread were overtly political and certainly out of bounds here. Still, in the future, please consider moving it over rather than deleting the whole thing. Thanks.
Understood and yes, I definitely should've considered moving it. My apologies.

Reactions: bison13
I think the side that seeks to cancel or delegitimize an opposing point of view is de facto the "loser" or else it would not shirk from the debate. Easier to cancel somebody than to refute his or her opinion.

Also, beyond "winning" and "losing," a vigorous and thoughtful exchange of views, even among strangers on an Internet platform, can be interesting and useful.

All this aside, as I noted in my response to Dylan, I get why parts of the Mulvaney thread crossed the line of this board's rules. My point was to ask what's the harm of just moving it over to the other board. I, for one, found the back-and-forth quite interesting.
There is already a thread on this on the other board. The original poster knew that

Wastecoast24 is responsible for most of the drivel including his nics. I had both on ignore. Have no idea the crap he spews here.

No doubt his usual spam about Paterno lol , knowing, covering up, etc.
This is pretty good pnnylion. Well done. You should report me. You should also tell everyone all my Nics as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT