ADVERTISEMENT

Report on ND HC candidates includes CJF

There's a big push among their fan base for Freeman but it sounds like Fickell is the one that the ND higher ups are going after. Don't think Franklin is a major player in this one

There's a big push among their fan base for Freeman but it sounds like Fickell is the one that the ND higher ups are going after. Don't think Franklin is a major player in this one
I really don't think he was a major player for any of the other jobs that the board has been discussing for years. Total waste of time talking/arguing about it, and there's no sense bringing it up again now!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I really don't think he was a major player for any of the other jobs that the board has been discussing for years. Total waste of time talking/arguing about it, and there's no sense bringing it up again now!
It’s pretty obvious he wasn’t a serious candidate at USC given that they landed Riley.

I think his new agent was hired to do a job and did it masterfully with Penn State. For Penn State’s part, they have coaching continuity during a year where there’s a mad scramble for coaches. There’s value in that, as they could always have done a lot worse than Franklin if he left.

Sandy and Barron can now punt the issue to their successors to deal with.

Yeah, I'm sure ND is just salivating over the 7-5 masterpiece Franklin just delivered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT