ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Ezekiel Elliott cited after dogs get loose, bite two people

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
For the second time in as many years, Ezekiel Elliott's pet Rottweiler has been accused of biting people.

The Dallas Cowboys running back was issued three animal-at-large citations on Thursday after his three dogs were seen on the loose in his Starwood neighborhood of Frisco, Texas, according to the Dallas Morning News. One dog, Elliott's Rottweiler Ace, reportedly bit two people who required hospitalization for non-life-threatening injuries.

Frisco Animal Services reportedly corralled the dogs and placed Ace in a mandatory 10-day quarantine for observation. Frisco police told the Morning News that no charges have been filed but the investigation is still ongoing.

more: https://sports.yahoo.com/ezekiel-el...ottweiler-bites-two-people-nfl-032837023.html

There are no bad dogs! Only BAD owners whose dogs are not trained properly. If the dog is aggressive it should never be left off lead. A Rottweiler is a great breed but needs to be taught discipline and obedience! Most people get dogs without researching what goes into raising a certain breed!

There are no bad dogs! Only BAD owners whose dogs are not trained properly. If the dog is aggressive it should never be left off lead. A Rottweiler is a great breed but needs to be taught discipline and obedience! Most people get dogs without researching what goes into raising a certain breed!
A friend has a classic Rottweiler, the nicest dog imaginable.

And some people deliberately make dogs aggressive. I've met many really nice Rotties, but the breed has been misused, and in too many cases badly bred by bad people.

Dogs > people

For the second time in as many years, Ezekiel Elliott's pet Rottweiler has been accused of biting people.

The Dallas Cowboys running back was issued three animal-at-large citations on Thursday after his three dogs were seen on the loose in his Starwood neighborhood of Frisco, Texas, according to the Dallas Morning News. One dog, Elliott's Rottweiler Ace, reportedly bit two people who required hospitalization for non-life-threatening injuries.

Frisco Animal Services reportedly corralled the dogs and placed Ace in a mandatory 10-day quarantine for observation. Frisco police told the Morning News that no charges have been filed but the investigation is still ongoing.

more: https://sports.yahoo.com/ezekiel-el...ottweiler-bites-two-people-nfl-032837023.html
How is this different than biden's dog?

I somewhat disagree. Been in the world of hunting dogs and trials etc for awhile. A good breeder can recognize those bad traits early, but it’s not 100%. Hunting dogs and working dogs like a Rott have at least some remaining genes for their purpose and if not recognized early, there is no going back without serious behavior mitigation that 90% of trainers don’t have the skill or/and time to correct.

The genes are still thick in certain breeds that have moved from “job” dogs (working, hunting, etc) to family dogs (“hey dog, please lay on the couch all day and don’t do anything destructive while I head to Pilates).

Look at poodles. They were once hunting dogs bread to retrieve, but by the mid 20th century arrived, they were being “dolled” up for shows and such. Come back to 2021 and there are many poodle breeders specializing in hunting dogs. They found the dogs that the genes were still there.

I had a awesome dog that bit three people that came on our property unannounced. Minor stuff. Considered putting him down, but in the end I didn’t. He was the greatest hunting dog I had ever had: broke ice retrieving geese, pointed grouse like a Llewellin, and blood track deer. It wasn’t the dogs fault after the first bite instance.

I tell new or potential people looking into getting a hunting dog or a working dog to socialize the dog as much as possible for the first two years and then treat them like a loaded gun.

this is totally Z’s fault

Last edited:
A friend has a classic Rottweiler, the nicest dog imaginable.
My main sitter has a Rottweiler and recently got a Great Dane. They are fantastic with my boys (18 and 13 with severe autism). Sitter actually has her dogs “walk” my boys on nature walks. It’s quite the sight. No one is messing with those boys when the girls are walking point

Yes. But animals are unpredictable...all of them.

Reactions: cment
Mine as well.

Wake me when a pure-breed Golden Retriever actually mauls someone.
Not all Rots or Pits are killers, Pit lives next door tyo me and she is a sweet dog, they actually leave the gate open because she will not leave the yard, only wants back in the house..

And some people deliberately make dogs aggressive. I've met many really nice Rotties, but the breed has been misused, and in too many cases badly bred by bad people.

Dogs > people
The only badly bred individual in this case is Elliott. He's an idiot, always was an idiot and always will be an idiot.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
The only badly bred individual in this case is Elliott. He's an idiot, always was an idiot and always will be an idiot.
He is, but if you don't think there are breeders out there who are breeding dogs for aggression, you are mistaken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT