ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Player Reactions from Lasch Bash

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte

- On the Lasch Bash overall

I liked how much love they showed me. Even when I’m not there, they show a lot of love. That just shows how much they're interested in me and it makes me feel at home and welcomed. I loved the tour of the campus and the facilities they have are great. But it's also just a great program. Coach Franklin had us meet in the team room before we did anything. I liked that. We had a big talk about why Penn State is a good fit and what Penn State has to offer academically and athletically. I enjoyed spending time with the coaches and just building relationships with everyone. My dad also really liked it, which is important.

- On what this offer means to him

This offer means a lot to me. It just builds my confidence knowing I can play at a school I've loved since I was a kid. It’s big for me because it’s close and Penn State has a great relationship with Harrisburg.

Ryan's Take: This is another young man that I think is destined to end up at Penn State. Lets see what other schools offer, but PSU will be considered the favorite here.

- On camp and meeting with the staff Friday

When we arrived, we had the whole coaching staff come to greet us at the door. That was huge. That wasn’t a very common thing for me [on other visits]. For me, it went a long way. Secondly, I love how the school is using its tight ends right now and how their tight ends in recent years are doing in the NFL. Also, I love the coaching staff. Coach Bowen and I have a very similar personality and have similar hobbies, so that makes it easy for me to get along with him.

- On where PSU stands now and the chances he returns this fall

PSU will be a school I seriously consider. Like top two, for sure. I absolutely loved it. I'll be there for the White Out game. I'm like 98 percent sure.

Ryan's Take: PSU left a major impression on Elksnis and his family. I know Bowen is really high on him, too. He's going to have a ton of offers, so there's a long way to go, but PSU left an excellent first impression.

Penn State was a great place to be today. It was all good vibes from everyone. All the coaches were just about having fun. Everyone was having a good time. I liked how they talked about education and how that’s important. Also, I liked how the current players talked about their college experience and how everything went. [Penn State is] definitely one of my top schools.

- On meeting with the coaches

I met almost all their coaches. I met with Coach Franklin, Coach Seider, Coach Spencer and a bunch of others. They all have the same traits. They're all cool people, easy to talk to and they're all real. Honestly, what coach do you know that pulls up to a barbecue on a motorcycle when they call his name? (referring to Spencer during introductions this afternoon) Coach Spencer took me and a few other prospects on a scavenger hunt then and it was all good times. He had us running around and getting all the flags. All their coaches are cool and nice. They can teach me a lot.

- On where PSU stands now and when he may be coming back.

Penn State is definitely up there for me. I’m most likely gonna be back during the White Out game. That’s gonna be crazy. But yeah, Penn State is one of my top schools.

- On the trip overall

Today was just amazing. I had so much fun getting to know the coaches and getting a chance to look at the program and the campus. We did a scavenger hunt around the campus and that was alot of fun because you got the chance to look at the campus and spend time with the other recruits, too.

My time with Coach Franklin and Coach Spencer was great. I feel like we have a good relationship going. What I thought was best about them is just that they're good guys. They'll do anything for their players, on and off the football field. They're just good coaches to be around.

- On where PSU stands after this visit

PSU is definitely going to be a school that I will visit again. I would say they're pretty high up there. I really haven’t visited a school like that. It’s up there.

Ryan's Take: As you can see from his ranking, Malone is on pace to be one of the staff's top overall DTs in 2021. It's a good first impression, but there's a long way to go. He just visited Michigan and Notre Dame earlier this week. He's also been to Georgia and Virginia Tech.

Well, of course, it was good to finally get down to Penn State and see the campus, see all of the coaches that initially started recruiting me back in May. Having my dad, step-mom, and little brother also experience the Lasch Bash was great. What really caught my eye was the very family-like vibe and connection I felt. Everyone was genuine and real. Another thing that stood out was the fact that Penn State's players all talked highly about Penn State.

I had a good talk with Coach Franklin. It was obviously a pleasure and an honor to speak with him. I also talked to Coach Parker, the wide receiver coach. He was personable and funny. Coach Terry Smith, the DB Coach, was able to give me a good perspective on student life and football at Penn State because he went there. I met a few players but can’t remember their names at the moment. We talked about the football culture and about their decision to attend Penn State.

- On where PSU stands after this visit

PSU was always high on my list and they still are. I certainly plan on coming back more to catch a game or two. It’s a great school with a great feel.

They definitely just have a great culture and environment there. The coaches are great people, as well as great coaches. Today was a great event with great energy. It was a lot of fun. One thing that definitely stood out were their facilities. I thought they were amazing.

I spent time with Coach Smith, Coach Parker and Coach Franklin. They're all very passionate and want to win. They all have high-energy and just are great people.

For a day that was supposed to be a laid-back type of day, today was amazing. I got to see a lot of coaches. I got to see some recruits from my area and my grade there. I got to spend time with Coach Seider, but what I really liked about today was the scavenger hunt. The running backs and the defensive backs were racing each other in golf carts around campus. Overall, I had fun. It was a good experience.

- More details on the scavenger hunt

They gave us a sheet with about nine riddles for where flags could be around the campus. So, we then had to solve the riddle and go to that location. At the same time, we were trying to figure out the riddle and finish before all the other positions. So, it was just a fun little race.

Ryan's Take: There's a long way to go until he can sign, but it feels like it's just a matter of time until Tevin commits to Penn State. He's already visited five times and will be back again in a few months for a game. All signs point to Penn State with Tevin.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News