ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes: Feb. 3

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte

I caught up with some contacts this afternoon in regards to Doug Nester's official visit to Virginia Tech.

Long story short here, it looks like Virginia Tech hit a major home run this weekend and is going to end up getting Nester. From everything I was told in recent weeks, this was a Penn State - Ohio State race, with Tech sitting third. My colleagues in Blacksburg were hearing something similar, but that no longer appears to be the case.

I was told today that distance is working against Penn State here. One of Nester's family members isn't in great health and that's increasingly become more important in Nester's decision.

Obviously, he hasn't decided yet and this could drag out another couple of days, but the same contact that has been telling me Penn State for weeks now is now saying that Virginia Tech could very well end up signing Nester.

Honestly, I'm shocked right now. Just reporting what I'm being told. Signing Day is 2.5 days away. We'll see what happens.

- I also confirmed this afternoon that TE Brett Seither decided not to visit Penn State this weekend. The staff was always sitting probably fourth here, behind Bama, UGA and even TCU, so while it's a bummer he decided not to visit, I would've been surprised if he ended up at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News